Champions day at Ascot

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by RichK, Oct 16, 2015.

1. RichK

RichK Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Any thoughts [MENTION=7543]orsenkaht[/MENTION]? Or anyone?

Jack Hobbs to cap an incredible season? Solow v Gleneagles? Forgotten Rules?

Should be a great day of racing, some top class horses.

2. orsenkaht

orsenkaht Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Competitive stuff, and the ground a bit of an unknown. However.......

12.45 Long Distance Cup
    AGENT MURPHY had Wicklow Brave and Forgotten Rules behind him when finishing second in the Irish St Leger the last day. He seems highly rated by Brian Meehan, and may be one of the few here still improving. Pallasator won the Doncaster Cup last time, but that didn't look a strong contest for a Group 2.

1.20 Champions Sprint Stakes
    MUHAARAR has won his last three starts - all at Group 1 level and his only defeat this year came when badly drawn in the French 2,000 Guineas. I was at Doncaster when he made a winning two year old debut on heavy ground, so the going should hold no fears for him, even though he is by Oasis Dream. Twilight Son has been popular following his win in the Haydock Park Sprint Cup, but there's little between him and Strath Burn on that effort, so I prefer Muhaarar.

1.55 Fillies and Mares
    This is tight, with several holding claims, and some experts think that the race will be set up for fast finishers, such as Candarliya or Simple Verse, the St Leger winner (eventually). But I was very taken with the way COVERT LOVE battled back when headed in the Group 1 Prix De L'Opera on Arc Day. If Pat Smullen can ride another canny race here she could look good value at 5/1. If there is a 'lurker' in here though, it is surely Aidan's TAPESTRY, who has been little raced since beating two Oaks winners in last year's Yorkshire Oaks at York. They must think she's capable of producing something better to persevere with her, and she might just spring a surprise here with Ryan Moore taking the ride. I'll have a saver on her.

2.30 QE II Stakes
    You can back GLENEAGLES in here at 15/8, and if Aidan lets him out of his box then his scope to be even better will do for me. If the ground is deemed unsuitable, Solow will win, but not at a working man's price.

3.05 Champion Stakes
    JACK HOBBS. Just do it.

3.45 Balmoral Handicap
    I'm taking GM HOPKINS, EMPIRE STORM, SACRIFICIAL and MUSADDAS against the field and crossing my fingers! You can just about 'dutch' them and get 2/1 for your total stake, so I hope that combined, there is a greater than 33% chance of one of them winning.

As Mr Reevy would say, hope this helps!

3. RichK

RichK Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Cheers Orsen, much to ponder. Might just whack everything on JHobbs and just enjoy the rest (well, a couple of quid here and there obviously).

I was going to Sarfend but the manflu has got me so racing and rugby it is.

4. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Got an email yesterday off Coral offering Jack Hobbs at 2/1 from 5/4 offer available for a short time this morning from 8:30. I imagine it was popular.