Official Site : October And November Match Ticket Categories Confirmed.

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Newsbot, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Loko the Tyke

Loko the Tyke Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Again, I think you're being harsh.

2. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Because if he has £100 he can afford to spend on tickets he's going to want to get to as many matches as possible. Why would he want to spend between £23 and £36 now on just one game when he might be able to get to 5 if the club ever actually sell a reasonable flexi.

3. pon

pontyender Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That's what I'd prefer as well. I don't think it will be that generous though.. A 10 game one would have also suited me from the start of the season.

4. JamDrop

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That's the model I suggested with it being 5 tickets for £100 to keep it simple and not too big a saving so as to annoy ST holders. Everyone agrees with the 'twenty's plenty' motto pretty much so just go with that being the price. I don't understand why it is taking so long or is so difficult to just sell people 5 blank/online tickets which they can then redeem for any home match the same way as they would normally buy a ticket.

5. Loko the Tyke

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Point me in the direction of this £36 you keep quoting?

Get a ticket for the Newcastle game at a £3 increase on last season'a highest priced game and deal with the Flexi issue after it comes out. I would completely get the clamour for a Flexi ticket if we had one last season and if the prices had sky rocketed, but they haven't. We're not comparing apples with apples here. If you had £100 last season and have the same this season, you spend it as you can on the games you can make and the price you're prepared to pay. Forest at home for £15 would be a good one for a fan in that situation.

If a Flexi ticket is announced after you've attended one game then you've got a decision to make on your finances vs. the need for a flexi ticket.

6. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    By the time the deal happens people will be skint from the Christmas and new year period or just buy an half season ticket. Plus our form might dip which will affect sales of the flexi offer. Shame we aren't striking whilst the iron is hot.

7. Con

Conan Troutman Well-Known Member

Professional Football Fan
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It is difficult. The club have performed really poorly off the field for a number of years so it's vital they get things right now. I suppose whatever they do someone will want it done differently. It would be interesting to know how other clubs arrange things.

8. Con

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Maybe the club are trying to calculate their revenue from the biggest games and compare that to how much income a flexi-scheme would generate if used for the same games.

9. JamDrop

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Try looking under category 'A*', it's not like I made it up and I did say between £23 and £36. If he's got £100 how is he going to buy a £30 Newcastle ticket and then a £100 (if it is that cheap) flexi? This comparing with last season's prices bugs me too, it's not like they were cheap then so saying it's only £3 more expensive than something he couldn't afford isn't really helpful is it? People were asking for a flexi last season too, it's not a new idea.

10. pon

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
  11. Gre

GreenyTyke Well-Known Member

Layabout
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
  12. Loko the Tyke

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I've looked for a Category A* game on the latest ticket news and can't find one. Again, can you point me in the direction of a game that will cost me £36?

You can moan and moan and moan that football is too expensive. It is. Twenty is plenty. But Barnsley FC are not an expensive football club to watch in regards to other teams in the Championship. Nor were we in League One.

I've no idea of personal circumstances (neither do you) but if you managed five games last season you've got to decide if you want to invest an extra £10 or so to attend five games this season. If a flexi ticket comes at a time after you've attended one game, then as I've already said, you've got to decide if you can afford to bolt that on as well.

Let's not forget ticket sales are fairly strong this season. Don't miss out and attend games that you can afford and can attend now. Flexit or no Flexit.

13. Loko the Tyke

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
  14. pon

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We will be charged £37 at Leeds. There's no way under reciprocal pricing that the home game isn't going to be A*.

15. pon

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    She quoted £23 to £36, which is the range Barnsley FC published themselves.

16. JamDrop

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'll point it out when we have one don't you worry ;) You must know you're fighting a losing battle by being that petty as there's no way they've made a category that they will never use just to pee people off.

How do we know that someone had £100 last season? Why does it matter whether they did or not anyway, we're talking about this season, constantly harping on about last season's prices is pointless.

People only have to make these decisions about 'bolting on' or whatever because the club is being so slow to announce anything; bring it out now and people don't have to try and decide whether to go now or wait or not bother at all, they can just hand over their £100 (or how ever much it is) and start planning which matches they want to go to.

17. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Distant and out of touch is harsh. The main thing that Mansford did well was communicate and engage and this seems t be carried on. The execution of the communication is sometimes lacking.

18. JamDrop

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'll agree that communication isn't really a problem. I do sometimes wonder why we seem to almost purposefully make things harder for ourselves (off the pitch) than we need to though. I'm going to mention it in every thread about off the field improvements but we need to hire a creative thinker - they'd very easily make their wages back and much more besides whilst improving 'customer satisfaction'.

19. Con

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    To be fair we didn't hear a peep from him between October and early January last season.

20. Marc

Marc Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    This thread has been a reyt laugh. For the sake of sanity, i'll put in the formal request on behalf of anyone who's ar$ed.

1. Can someone please confirm who the fan representative is, for the good folk of the BBS? Now I thought it was [MENTION=2]Gally[/MENTION] but I could be wrong, so it's worth confirming.
    2. Can said representative please post the agenda and full minutes for every one of these meetings. Then everyone has a single point of reference.
    3. [MENTION=55287]Bondy[/MENTION] can you please do the same for SLO meetings?

Regardless of opinion on decisions that are made, I think there's a pretty overwhelming consensus that comms around these meetings aren't hitting the mark. If fan engagement forum and SLO roles are meant to represent the fans, then I think it's pretty clear that this is what they are are asking for.

I think this is a really straightforward ask. One that shouldn't be needed, to be fair. Anyone who goes to work and attends meetings, knows that someone produces an agenda and someone produces minutes. It's basic stuff.

There's a folder already setup called 'Meetings with Barnsley FC', which includes content from previous forums. The last post was August 2015.

Cheers mi dears