Norwich Fans View....

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by redarmytyke, Dec 10, 2016.

1. red

redarmytyke Member

Steel
    We're almost the same team that got 34 points in the PL last season. Barnsley were in league 1, didn't win the title or look a cut above, signed lower league players on the cheap and they looked a better side than us over the course of the game (Brother in law at the game) seriously not good enough!

The issues run deeper than the manager I think but we are not a good team, we aren't set up well, the players aren't really motivated and the manager doesn't seem to be having any effect.

We've reached a baseline performance under Neil that is really not good enough, mid table Championship. Yes we can sometimes be great and sometimes woeful, but most of the time we play like an average mid table Championship team. Neil out.

Loving it!!!

2. man

mansfield_red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I went with a couple of mates who support Norwich. Their view was that we won't be troubled by relegation and they won't be going up. Fair assessment imo. They murdered us in general play second half but had about as much penetration as a marzipan dildo

3. Gimson&theBarnsleys

Gimson&theBarnsleys Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I reckon they got a right bollokin at half time along the lines of "kinell, we're loosing to F'kin Barnsley, who the fck are they, they were at the bottom of league 1 this time last year". Whether the glove wearing nancies understood him is another matter. :D

4. Spirit Ditch

Spirit Ditch Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Disagree with him in that in 2016 we were the team that was a cut above in League One.

5. AthersleyRed

AthersleyRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The only reason we finished in the playoffs was because if we'd have played all season like we did 2nd half of it we would've run away with League One

6. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

Agreed. Easy mistake to make because we didn't go up automatically, but we took more points than Wigan since the turn of the year, and absolutely blitzed wigan on the last day and walked the playoffs.

Of these players that he said we have signed from lower league? One of them is now playing in the premier league, and various clubs have their eye on several others.

Maybe Norwich and a few other should try our model rather than just chucking money at it?

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

7. DSLRed

DSLRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Brilliant. :)

8. Archey

Archey Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    I'm very happy that others haven't followed the same model to be honest.

We seem to have created something of a niche. Plucking talent from all over the country regardless of their previous history, then developing them for either a potential profit or at least to propel ourselves. It's working a treat at present and seemingly knows no end. I feel it would benefit the English game more if others did follow suit, but at present we seem to have something of an advantage.

The Wednesday fans were clamouring for Jordan Rhodes again yesterday, under the assumption that if you pay a hefty price for a striker then he'll be the answer to their attacking options; you'd have thought they'd have learned by now after signing Stephen Fletcher and Gary Hooper, both of whom have a hefty reputation, and are seemingly performing no better than any better than the likes of Sam Winnall or Marley Watkins who over the course of their contracts will have cost considerably less. Alas, I'm going off at a tangent.

#TeamsLikeBarnsley

9. fit

We're just a bit old school really. Simply doing what most clubs used to do back in the day when foreign players used to be Scottish.

Used to be the norm for best players from the lower league to be poached, but now it's seems that all the homegrown prem players are going the other way on loan.

I reckon most championship fans are such willy wavers now that they wouldn't accept their clubs going down the route we've taken. It would be beneath them, but at the end of the season, only 3 teams can go up. Money makes success more likely, but no guarantees.

10. Archey

Archey Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Definitely. Just look at anytime one of our players is linked with a Premier League team, their message board is awash with demands for their side to spend £X million on some unknown foreigner. Similar to how it was when Mawson was linked with Sunderland and Swansea.

#TeamsLikeBarnsley

11. pon

pontyender Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I was saying the same at the game yesterday. We were the best team in the division by a country mile at the back end of last season. I'm sure fair-minded Wigan, Walsall and Millwall fans would agree.

12. fit

After the play off semi second leg a Wigan fan said he was glad they went up automatically because we would have beaten them in the playoffs.

The reds stepped up a gear at Wigan, carried it on through the playoffs and into quite a lot of games this season.