Hemsworth Tyke defence

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by KamikazeCo-Pilot, Dec 22, 2016.

1. KamikazeCo-Pilot

KamikazeCo-Pilot Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    I must confess that every time I read a post from Hemsworth I read it in the expectation that in the first two to three threads he will be rubbished. I am usually not disappointed. It spoils my reading. I must also confess that I am astounded that this rubbishing should happen because in the time I have been reading and posting HT does not post to slag other posters off, he merely states things as he sees them. He gets slagged off and insulted however. He gets called names, some of which are quite rude and he is ridiculed. Completely out of order in my opinion. If people want to debate with the guy then they should debate on the correct terms.
    In essence, there are people on this site who like to 'have a go' simply because he is HT and he has a 'history'. HT is entitled to his opinion though as long as he explains it (as he usually does), whoever he is, and he is entitled to be respected for it without other people insulting his job, career, financial status, sex, religion, race, colour. His history of posts, whatever they are, are irrelevant in the context of whatever is current. Given any subject on BFC if HT has an opinion he should have his comments debated and he should not be textually abused for them.

There are weaknesses in the current BFC team and its proper to have a debate about them regardless of how well the team are doing overall. HT tried to do that recently and he got hammered. When the club were bottom of League One there were some positives but the consensus condemned anyone who suggested anything as such. It's easy to jump on bandwagons.

Debate is good. It needs to be be measured though and I don't think HT gets a fair crack of the proverbial Indiana Jones weapon.

I only post because I am drunk..........I'll review this later.......

2. andytyke

andytyke Administrator Staff Member Admin

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    In defence of all others. It's ok having an opinion but most people know what that opinion is before even clicking on his post. I know for a fact that HT's. Match report will state that Roberts was at fault during the game and almost every fault will be mentioned. Conor could have been better and there's no way he's the best midfielder in the champ. All Winnall misses will be mention despite him scoring a couple. Yiadom the new fans fav will have played Ribbish. Bree however who could have had a shocker will have been the best player on the pitch just let down by his useles defensive team mates Roberts and yiadom. Kent will be man of match even though he's gone missing for 70 mins.

thats basically every HT thread this season and I can understand why it winds other members up. It's not an opinion HT has he purposely pulls down fans favourites to get a reaction. He's done it for years. I honestly don't think it's a coincidence that HT thinks any BFC player who get lots of admiration is crap

HT claims to be very knowledgeable about the game but he lets himself down by his inability to say anything good about certain players who have had good games. To me this makes him look like he knows nowt about the game and his posts can't be taken seriously. I'm not an expert but I know you can't have 4 (5 if you count Hammil) of your starting line up and basically the spine of the team play crap every week in the championship and be in 12 place, It's impossible.

Redrain tried to post a minority report every week but he eventually some weeks ended up siding with the majority because we had played so well.

HT's. Threads are the really minority reports, he's in a minority of 1 at times.

if someone is going to post to get a reaction they shouldn't complain when they do, and neither should other members feel sorry for them.

3. Sta

Stahlrost Well-Known Member

None
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    He's still the worst BFC "fan" I've come across in over 40 years. He carries out vendettas against targeted players, from Bobby Hassell and Luke Steele to Sam Winnall, Mark Roberts etc today. He sets out to wind people up and it works.

4. LDR

LDRed Well-Known Member

Groundhopper
    Style:
    Barnsley
    I'd say there's worse fans out there than HT. Plenty of hangers on out there who only take an interest when we show signs of success.

5. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Is keeping clean sheets an attribute in Hemsworth Tyke's defence? Scoring own goals certainly seems to be.

6. Barnsley Chopin

Barnsley Chopin Well-Known Member

Egghead
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Scoring goals isn't an attribute for a striker apparently.

7. Brush

Brush Well-Known Member

Ex-IT professional
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Remarkably well put considering.

You are completely right of course, everybody on here has the right to express an opinion and everyone else has the right to challenge it.

Name-calling should be left on the school playground....

8. Jack Tatty

Jack Tatty Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yours sincerely
    Hemsworth Tyke's mum

9. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    A very eloquent, reasoned and erudite defence.

The case for the prosecution is simple: the guy's a complete dick. Some people just are, and it's a very difficult task to treat them as anything else.

The prosecution is aware that he's now guilty of all breaching all the rules of polite and decent behaviour you outlined in your defence of Hemsworth, but the guy's a complete dick. See, told you it was difficult.

10. LDR

LDRed Well-Known Member

Groundhopper
    Style:
    Barnsley
    The thing is though, he isn't. He's a nice lad and a very passionate reds fan. He doesn't put himself across very well on here though, which is a big shame because I think he could be a valuable contributor with his near perfect attendance and passion.

11. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Just to add to that, I'm not above acting like a complete dick from time to time (some people may think all the time) and when I do, people on here and in proper life treat me like one. When you act that way, you kind of deserve what you get.

This might be one of those times...

12. Sta

Stahlrost Well-Known Member

None
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Like I've said many times, if he's a nice lad, why doesn't he show it on here?

13. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You dick :)

14. occ

occook Banned Idiot

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    My problem is there is no debate.

He puts forward the same opinion wrapped in a different paper. And that opinion is that his favourite players are amazing and everyone else is crap.

He often laughs at others opinions. He dismisses anyone that doesn't have his viewpoint, or doesn't go to the game he went to, or his particular vision of how that game was played out.

He is far cleverer than people think. He is a troll dressed in a victims clothes. And every person that falls for it - either to defend him or to attack him - is just falling into his trap.

He'll be loving that people are talking about him. It's what gives meaning to people with little or no social interaction. If he was able to get a little bit of help, understand social conventions, he would broaden his life so much.

With regard the "in person" aspect. I disagree. He is intimidated in person so doesn't show his true personality. Safely tucked away behind a keyboard and monitor he is happy to belittle, insult and dismiss anyone who doesn't agree with his minority opinion.

15. tobyornottoby

tobyornottoby Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    There is a problem when someone posts "he is far cleverer than people think".

In other words you are saying to all of us "you are not capable of working out what I've worked out".

Perhaps I should be thanking you for enlightening us.

Anyway, the original poster is in my opinion largely correct in his assessment of the HT situation.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. And everyone also knows someone in real life who seems, by virtue of their attitude and actions, to get talked about a lot more than others.

My gripe with Hemsie is that when he attracts a reasoned response to one of his "controversial" views, he resolutely neglects to thereafter argue his corner. Which no doubt annoys many a poster who has bothered to take issue with him.

And then he goes on to repeat the same controversial view again and again, without conclusion to said debate. So I agree with you on that point.

But those who choose to attack the person and not the words of the person are no better than he. They should be looking at themselves.

16. occ

occook Banned Idiot

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You've made an incorrect assumption.

I didn't work it out for myself. Someone pointed it out to me as well.

I think some people like riding high on their horse. Each to their own.

17. North Yorks Red

North Yorks Red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I can totally see why he annoys people though

as others say,he makes statements that at other times he totally contradicts, if he posts positives he goes out of his way to single out his usual targets for criticism even if he has to dig deep to find a mistake, and ignores mistakes his favourites have made.
    He courts controversy, for example his post the other day stating he was surprised other people had nothing better to do at Christmas then when it suits typing another load of rhetoric himself.
    He readily states he doesn't care what others think but constantly repeats the same posts in reinvented titles, as for debate you can't have any with him, if he starts to lose a debate or spots a flaw in his own argument he just pisses off and goes missing or on occasion gets abusive while at the same time yelling for site admin if he thinks somebody has had a go back at him.
    I've virtually given up trying now, I used to think he was just naïve but it happens too often for that

18. Andy Mac

Andy Mac Well-Known Member

IT
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Makes it up as he goes along. Occasionally I have 'liked' his posts when it's warranted it, but it's rare.
    Never comments on a match he hasn't seen? He modified that rule this week to suit his own agenda
    Never reads other folks posts? Yes he does, but instead of contributing, starts his own thread by way of reply.
    Totally incapable of formulating an argument, or defence.
    Zero sense of humour.

Sent via Royal Mail and typed up by my Tapatalk byatch

19. ark

ark104 (v2) Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
  20. Spirit Ditch

Spirit Ditch Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I know what you mean but you're wrong that the guy doesn't have a history of slagging people off. I remember a while back having the temerity to comment on the Ashes without the requisite knowledge