Barnsley Player

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by andytyke, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Common sense does say that the best place to explain a Barnsley player problem is on the Barnsley player site does it not? Jamdrop has given you the perfect way to do this but you seem intent on side stepping it for some reason.

Yeah you've put a message on Twitter and Facebook but for chuff sake whitey just use common sense and put it on Barnsley player. I don't see why you'd be making an issue out of finding excuses not to do it instead of just doing what makes sense.

No offence intended because as you know I reckon you've done a fantastic job since you started working for the club but come on, stop being so defensive over everything, if people raise issues and even come up with solutions the best bet is to go along with them if you can, not fight them

2. andytyke

andytyke Administrator Staff Member Admin

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Your being very defensive here [MENTION=120685]YTBFC[/MENTION] I posted on here about the issue without looking on twitter or facebook etc.

A still video uploaded showing text that's there's an issue with the service would have been useful.

It it would have prevented this thread anyway :)

Good that you put the info everywhere except where it was mostly needed though lol

3. YTB

YTBFC Guest

I have already explained that the service isn't down for every subscriber. It works on certain devices. Mainly on mobile devices especially when using the official app.

So therefore we will not be uploading a still frame telling subscribers the service is down. We feel we've informed subscribers appropriately through enough channels.

Maintenance is ongoing.

Thanks once again for your patience. :)

4. Sta

Stahlrost Well-Known Member

None
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    All the problems with Barnsley Player are my fault. After much thought, and encouragement from you and Whitey, I resubscribed for a full year. The people at EFL probably looked up my moaning cancellation emails from a year ago and decided to teach me a lesson.

5. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That was my first thought!

6. JamDrop

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    But yet you've told thousands of non-subscribers plus mobile subscribers that it is down via facebook, twitter and the Official Site?

Or, you know, you could have just informed them through one. Where the problem was.

You're making yourself (and therefore the club) look very stupid here Whitey, instead of just swallowing your pride and helping out paying customers who may be feeling confused and worried, for literally no gain whatsoever.

7. Sta

None
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Actually, thinking about it, it's your fault. It was largely you that convinced me to rejoin. Yes, it's your fault.

8. JamDrop

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    There you go, fixed it for you ;)

9. YTB

YTBFC Guest

Yes, it's an ongoing issue that is obviously open to change at any moment. We have tried to keep people in the loop and will continue to do so. I am not at work now but will keep an eye on things when I can once at home. And whilst I don't particularly appreciate some of your above remarks I will remain in dialogue with colleagues and speak to my superiors regards the issues you've raised about my work today. Again, thanks for being patient and remember that all of our content will be uploaded to our official YouTube channel until the issues with Player are fully resolved.

10. JamDrop

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's working at the minute but of course on all those platforms it will still look as if it is not until they are all updated, whereas the non-existent video on Player could have just be taken down as and when needed.

Putting the content for free on Youtube was a nice touch and your responses have been much more 'customer servicey' than in the past. :)

11. Sta

None
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Good work, thank you! Can't wait to try it out again on Sat afternoon.

12. tosh

tosh Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    The provider has all the email addresses of their subscribers and that should surely be their method of communication and not via facebook or twitter. One global email and job done.

13. Cun

Cunning Stunt Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    I hope if 02 network goes down later they send me a text to tell me, or better if they rang me!
    Christ on a bike ..........
    The chances of anyone using the Internet for BFC Player, not liking to use the Internet to purchase items and also doesn't do FB, Twitter etc should at least expect a personal home visit by Toby or a gold plated pidgeon message delivered in one of those tacky limousines.

Pffffttttt bag of sh 1t media scum fookers of a department

Shame on you

14. Sup

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If O2 have a network wife issue with part of your service then yeah I think it's standard practice that they would send a message out to all their customers. I'm not sure what your point is

15. JamDrop

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    ;)

It just seemed weird posting it in three places and having to answer the phones to people when they could have just put it in the one place. Fair enough, they hadn't thought of it but I don't understand the defensiveness when it was suggested when they were happy enough to post it everywhere else. The huge effort to post it everywhere except the one place that was affected didn't really make sense.

Also, I'm not sure what you mean by 'the chances of...' It wasn't a hypothetical situation and I doubt my dad is the only person who has no interest in fb or twitter and is a bit wary of putting his card details online.

16. JamDrop

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    When online banking is unavailable for a few hours there is a page that tells you straight away when you log in. They don't expect you to have to go to a different part of their site, phone a branch, go to the hole in the wall, check facebook and twitter etc. it's just a sentence or two right there on the internet banking page you'd just logged into. Makes sense to me.

To be honest, I don't actually massively care (athough it's starting to look like I do), it was only down for a couple of hours, it was the defensiveness that confused me more than anything.

17. Cun

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Network problem, eg not been able to send texts or make/receive calls. They'd look fookin stupid sending texts telling customers they couldnt send/receive calls or texts. And probably get ridiculed for doing so.

18. Cun

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Perhaps a multinational banking company has a far greater capacity to contact its secure customer base of millions of customers rather than player which could possibly keep its costs to a minimum as it services a few thousand customers ?!? Just a thought? Maybe? Don't know .....

19. Sup

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    PART of their service was the key wording there. Didn't whitey state quite clearly that they could still upload videos to Barnsley player which every user could see the still image of?

20. Sup

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I didn't realise that there were large costs involved with uploading still images. My bad