If we have accepted the amount that I'm hearing we've accepted for Hourihane.....

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Merde Tete, Jan 12, 2017.

1. nezbfc

nezbfc Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I hope they know what they are doing.

Because both to them down the road will surely piss off the most loyal of fans.

2. Red

RedAllOver Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Come on now. We're 8th in the Championship and you're saying you'd stop supporting us? You're not a Conor Hourihane fan or a Sam Winnall fan, you're a Barnsley FC fan. To stop supporting based on selling one player is frankly absurd imo

3. Tyke_80

Tyke_80 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's the fact it's selling them to those over the road, and for the low figures reported!

I can take selling players, but not for these figures and to our Play-off rivals AND rivals based on location. It's barmy

4. Mike Lowry

Mike Lowry Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's not about incomings though mate. It's the principle. It's the approach to transfers. It's completely bizarre and frankly, ****** up.

I really can't get my head around any of this and it really is testing my will to spend Saturday afternoons at Oakwell.

5. nezbfc

nezbfc Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I can say for certaint that both to SWFC and no real decent return or replacement means I will be going to my local instead of taking my seat against leeds. That's for sure.

6. SirPsychoSexy

SirPsychoSexy Banned Idiot

Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    Its not about the player though is it, its about the lack of ambition from those that run/own the club.
    Sell Hourihane and we will not finish this season in the top half.

7. Journo Tyke

Journo Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    It's the fact we're 8th and under no financial pressure that makes it worse! Every time we start getting a half decent team we sell them all off for peanuts.

If Hourihane does go for £1m, I think I'm done. It's not about the players it's the principle of selling your two star players to your play-off and bitter local rivals for peanuts. It's also the fact that the owner and the head coach have said we wouldn't be selling them in January. If someone offered £3m for Conor, even Wednesday, I might be tempted, but £1m? Absolute piss take - on the assumption its true which I find hard to believe.

8. Lew

Lewis Member

Home Page:
    Yeah I agree but what if they have heard of these offers and thought jesus we cannot turn this down. We turn both down and they're just pissed off all season and our season goes to **** anyway. We may as well get something for them both and replacements in who will be hungry and wanting to prove themselves at this level.

Only thing I don't get about it all is letting them go to Wednesday. Especially Conor, there will be plenty of interest in him where he could earn the same.

I'm sure they will have something planned, since Hecky has been in charge with Patrick behind him we haven't had 1 bad word to say about either of them and that's thousands of us so let's give them a bit of slack and see. We may end January looking like a better side, who knows.

9. Journo Tyke

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    We could still go down - seriously.

10. Lew

Lewis Member

Home Page:
    Yeah I agree but what if they have heard of these offers and thought jesus we cannot turn this down. We turn both down and they're just pissed off all season and our season goes to **** anyway. We may as well get something for them both and replacements in who will be hungry and wanting to prove themselves at this level.

Only thing I don't get about it all is letting them go to Wednesday. Especially Conor, there will be plenty of interest in him where he could earn the same.

I'm sure they will have something planned, since Hecky has been in charge with Patrick behind him we haven't had 1 bad word to say about either of them and that's thousands of us so let's give them a bit of slack and see. We may end January looking like a better side, who knows.

11. tobyornottoby

tobyornottoby Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Both (and other) players go for free in 3 months or so's time.

It's probably been decided that we're more or less safe this season.

And Wednesday are obviously offering more loot than anyone else. We'll always have less clout than them.

We may be able to secure replacements we will have had our eye on ever since it became clear that these players would not be signing further contracts.

Now we'll have the finance to compete with others.

It's the coach we need to keep hold of (not the one with a driver and wheels - though to be clear I am not advocating sacking said driver, or indeed replacing the bus)

12. Gimson&theBarnsleys

Gimson&theBarnsleys Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Surely Hourihane's got bigger ambitions than Wednesday?

13. Journo Tyke

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    I guarantee you if Hourihane leaves we won't be better at the end of the window. Zero chance.

14. Lew

Lewis Member

Home Page:
    You can't guarantee that and I know it is unlikely but we never know. They have consistently pulled rabbits out of hats so let's just believe in them.

15. barnsley66

barnsley66 Well-Known Member

Learner Support Assistant/Happy Clapper
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The fact, and it is a fact, is that fans were told before the season started that we would be willing to let Sam and Conor run down their contracts as keeping us in the Championship was a priority. They would be free agents and it would be up to them to decide on their futures.

I think a number on this board were at the meeting where it was said.

16. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Talksport and others are reporting 1.3million for sam winnall so just have to wait for the statement tomorrow as for connor if he leaves to wednesday I think that's me done especially for low fees.

17. Mike Lowry

Mike Lowry Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    What's the hurry though? The window doesn't close for weeks. Use the media. Turn down these derisory bids from our local, play off rivals. Alert other clubs. Create a bidding war. You know, like Grimsby have done with Bogle. Like pretty much every other club does week in and week out.

I'll put my neck on the line and state now, that selling Winnall and Hourihane will not see us with a better team come 1st Feb. And our current 4 point gap to the pigs will be closer to 20 come the season end.

18. Che

Chef Tyke Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley
    30,000 per week

19. Journo Tyke

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Exactly, and though in my honest opinion, it's probably at least 20/1 that we'd go up, it's worth the risk if only £2m is on the table in total. They might sign new contracts then!

20. SirPsychoSexy

SirPsychoSexy Banned Idiot

Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    All it takes is a run of poor results on the back of selling our players and the rot sets in.
    I can guarantee that keeping Hourihane and letting his contract run out would be more beneficial in the long term than receiving £1m.