Official Site : Club Statement

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Newsbot, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's a fallacy that you can't identify people unless they are sitting in am allocated seat. Otherwise anyone who wasn't a season ticket holder could turn up buy a ticket cause whatever trouble they wanted then skip off. Also how do you think we would deal with away fan troublemakers. Its why we installed CCTV which is used to monitor things like street crimes. It's not like your average mugger on the street has a designated seat is it. Like I said if we are that clueless we don't know how to deal with this sort of thing we should contact other clubs, the FA or the Supporters Association and ask.

My experience of the stewards at Oakwell compared to other grounds as a regular away fan is that they are surly unhelpful and rude in the lowest 10% in the League in my opinion. They have little or no people skills so if they approached people I suspect it would be done clumsily.

Me and my brother have an empty seat next to us and most week we have a mate sit in it. Doesn't really make sense for them to come sit on their own does it. Common sense is needed and in this seems to gave been severely lacking.

2. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Surely it makes it easier, quicker and cheaper to identify them if they're in the correct seat though. Also why don't your friends who plan on sitting next to you just buy a ticket for the seat next to you? I don't think anyone really has a problem with law abiding sensible people sitting in another empty seat to be with a friend but surely we ALL have to agree that the club cant allow that in the one area of the ground with constant trouble from the idiots who have spoilt it for everyone else. It's quite sad that peoples anger is directed at the club for trying to deal with the issue and not at the people breaking the rules and causing the problem in the first place

3. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    This is what I can't understand. People are saying that it is the season ticket holders mainly being targeted, you get to choose your seat in advance, why not pick one you actually want?

[MENTION=2]Gally[/MENTION] could you please ask the club what happens in the case of the turnstiles 'running out' of tickets. A few times this season (once in Ponty, twice in East) I haven't been given a ticket, therefore how am I supposed to know where to sit? I have posted my concerns a few times in regards to not getting a ticket as a) I like to save them and b) I'm not convinced the club are getting the money (as the announced attendance often seem drastically lower than the amount of people in there). Thanks, I always forget to mention this when you ask if we have any questions/issues we want raising at the meetings.

4. Jimmy viz

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    As I said it's how you deal with it and this has clearly been an absolute disaster from start to finish. I do not apologise for hooligans but to try to hide a PR disaster in double talk and misinformation is unhelpful. There are better less confrontational methods of dealing with this sort of situation as I believe our fan rep indicated to Ben Mansford.

My mates are mainly old school turn up on the day unless they are coming up from London. I suspect we are on no financial position to discourage the casual fan from attending. If there's more than one we go and find somewhere to sit. No ones ever said owt to us but then we are all 6ft plus blokes not little runty kids so this doesn't surprise me.

5. Jimmy viz

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I suspect also that this is a completely inefficient way of handling things and actually as was proven on Saturday more likely to cause trouble than stop it.

6. Sup

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    the 'they only talk to little kids' is ******** as one bloke who ran off down the stairs and into the stand after the stewards spoke to him was certainly no 10 year old

7. Jimmy viz

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Me only experience of requesting that the stewards do anything was to ask them to stop a bloke two rows back spouting vile racist nonsense. The steward I some to took one look at this bloke who was your archetypal bonehead and shat themselves and basically said what can we do so me and my brother had a word ourselves which did the trick but could have escalated into something unpleasant. I can't comment directly on the events on Saturday as I don't sit in that bit. What I can say is that a mate of mine does (heyoop Alan if you're reading) and said that it was basically grown men tackling no doubt very annoying kids but as soon as a few bigger older blokes objected to what they saw as bullying they didn't want to know.

8. Jimmy viz

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    To be clear I have no truck with anyone who breaks the law they should be dealt with effectively and efficiently and clearly this has not happened instead the club and them meatheads at Doyle's seem to have completely overacted causing bad feeling. Chuff me if it takes all this palaver to root out a couple of scrotey kids god knows what it would take if anything really serious happened that's what worries me.

9. Sup

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think it's the opposite actually I don't think they have overreacted I think that when the real incidents happened in the past (chairs being damaged and smoke bombs etc) they have failed to act at all and that has meant that Ben Mansford has been forced to ask them to now come down a lot harder. They've failed to act for so long that they are now having to make up for it and do it all in the space of a few games due to the referee reporting the club

10. Jimmy viz

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    And basically indecision has been final and they have completely buggered it up. Oakwell is one of the dullest grounds in the league for misbehaviour (thankfully) I've seen some real incidents over the last few years at away grounds this is all if you pardon the expression smoke and mirrors. Idiot kids who can be sorted and banned very easily escalating into an attack by the club on its own fans just makes me sad really.

11. Thrappo Tyke

Thrappo Tyke Well-Known Member

Personnel Assistant
    Thrapston, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    He said once a year, but he didn't say which year!

12. Jimmy viz

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think last time mine was cleaned it was Reverend Preedy who did the cleaning.