Disloyal fans - shame on you1

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Red-Taff., Jun 1, 2016.

1. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I know our fans hadn't moved but I didn't realise that Millwall fans has already jumped some netting to get where they were on the video (I know some of their fans ran pretty much the whole length of the stadium to join in). I thought the Millwall fans were stood in their area shouting across and trying to come across but being held back by stewards. Annoyingly, the video has been deleted now. It was a good video too showing a good summary of the day as a whole, not just the trouble.

2. Marlon

Marlon Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    The reds fans were sat where they were put, the Millwall fans had run two blocks towards them and the stewards stopped them getting any further.
    Anybody would think that the Millwall fans had been sat in that area all along and the reds fans were goading them over the stewards ,
    I cannot believe some fans are blaming reds fans for not running away from marauding Millwall fans and calling them the aggressor's.
    Think some are wrongly under the impression the Millwall lot were where they should have been.
    The seats were allocated by Wembley stadium by not on the proviso if they get attacked by Millwall fans then they should run like fek even if it causes injury. FFS

Sorry JD I thought I'd highlighted churtonreds post for this one.

3. Osg

Osgi Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I was up there and not for one minute am i naive enough to believe that not a single Barnsley fan did anything wrong but in the main Barnsley fans were only defending their own. Millwall fans came a hell of a long way around the stadium into a block of seating that was left unoccupied for the sole reason of causing trouble. Coins, bottles and seats were being thrown aimlessly into an area where families were trying to watch the football and I am not trying to dramatise this but there were women and children running past me in tears. The majority of the male Barnsley fans who i spoke to during the incident felt a responsibility to stand their ground and not be intimidated in order to try and protect the families in the area, although with emotions flying so highly (as you would expect when you can hear coins whizzing past your head) some probably went too far. But to point the blame at Barnsley fans is beyond ludicrous. Us barnsley fans in the area simply reacted to the position we found ourselves in the way that each of us felt necessary; some stood toe to toe, some simply stood their ground and other moved as far away as possible. I was there and do not judge anyone for the actions they chose to take, we are all made differently. What i am sure about is that every single Barnsley fan up there would have much preferred to enjoy the final 10 minutes of the match.

4. Mon

MonkBrettontyke New Member

Are you on ****ing drugs or from a different planet. The most stupid thing I've heard this year. You really expect fans (from any club) just to stand there forming a cordon against at least twice the amount of fans who want to attack them. What the hell do you think would happen ????????
    They'd be sitting ducks. I think you've come out with some **** & your trying to justify what you've wrote. Stupid argument

5. Farnham_Red

Farnham_Red Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley
    Come on JamDrop - I am about as anti football violence as they come but if I had been walking away and a Millwall fan had hit me from behind I doubt I would have done any different - if hitting someone back isnt self defence I dont know what is -and doubtless the thug would have gone on and hit someone else if he hadnt been sent cartwheeling over the seats

Only one set of fans invaded the seats of the opposition and there was no doubt that the ones that did wanted to inflict violence - why else were they there. Id be pretty pissed off if any Barnsley fans in their own area are in trouble for hitting back at the Millwall thugs

6. cam

cambstyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    For the record, I was sitting in Block 501, literally 8 seats or so from the "dividing line".

When we arrived, I was amazed to see only 3 or 4 seats covered by black netting separating us from Millwall fans. There were only a few stewards in blue coats there. There was further netting covering seats a couple of blocks further round towards the right (the end designated as BFC end) which in due course was to prevent some Reds fans getting further away from the trouble (although some did climb over this netting).

The trouble started as soon as Fletcher scored, with the Millwall fans jumping to their feet and gesticulating. That alone should have alerted the stewards to the probability of trouble, and more stewards should have been sent there.

This was long before the Millwall fans walked and ran halfway round the stadium - this happened when Isgrove scored.

7. JamDrop

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I didn't say that he shouldn't have hit him back. I personally wouldn't as I've had to be constantly aware of the fact that I work with children and any violence of any sort would completely end that, whether in self defence or not.

8. JamDrop

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Of course I'm not saying that they should have formed a cordon, I'm saying that people are acting as if that is what we did and all our fans should be applauded for being 'well behaved' and 'protecting our own'. I'm not blaming our fans or saying that they in any way started the trouble, I am saying that calling them well behaved is a bit much.

9. Farnham_Red

Farnham_Red Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley
    bit of a sidetrack but are you really telling me that any teacher or other person who works with children are not allowed to defend themselves when attacked or they lose their job and any chance of working with children again?

if so the law is a bigger ass than I thought

10. andytyke

andytyke Administrator Staff Member Admin

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    This thread is just going round in circles. People who were actually there a explaining what actually happened and someone who who wasn't but know better is disagreeing :D

11. JamDrop

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm sure you're allowed actual self defence. I'm not sure you're allowed to turn around and punch someone so they fall down a load of seats just because they hit you first, no.

12. JamDrop

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm saying that you can't honestly say that all of our fans were 'well behaved'. And going by the video evidence and what I could see from my seat I stand by that. I'm not saying that our fans started it, or that some weren't trying to protect others but anyone who is adament that all of our fans were well behaved have got a pair or rose tinted spectacles on.

13. DEETEE

DEETEE Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    So what exactly should he have done? Let the fat **** give him a few more digs?

14. andytyke

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    @JamDrop

Choose what you think about yourself, you have absolutely no idea how you would react unless your actually in that situation. All you can say is how you feel you would like think you would react. I have seen the calmest of people with much higher standing in society than yourself change when confronted. Non of the actions of the Barnsley fans in that section were pre thought. Everything is spontaneous. You really should get of you high horse and stop judging fans who rightly or wrongly reacted to a situation in a way they at the time thought was correct.

15. JamDrop

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You do realise that I don't make the law, right? I'm saying that if it had been me (or anyone else who needs an enhanced DBS check for their job) then they would most likely lose their job because of it. He could do whatever he wants, and did do. Personally, I'd have ran off!

16. JamDrop

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    What you don't seem to understand is my sole point is that you cannot call all of our fans well behaved. Whether I agree with what they did or not, calling them well behaved is not accurate. Everyone reacts differently and that's up to them. Shouting aggresive comments and punching someone back isn't being well behaved and no-one can tell me that it is.

17. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We can all look at it through the school teachers point of view. "If someone hits you or is nasty to you tell the teacher" sadly in real life this doesn't happen. If someone in say the supermarket calls you a northern **** and throws objects at you, then you are well within your right to react angrily. At a football game it's just the same.

18. Micky Finn

Micky Finn Well-Known Member

Light bender
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You can imagine the news of that lad's injuries has gone down well on the Millwall forum. I've just been banned from there by the looks of it - they couldn't handle rational argument & actual facts about what went on. They genuinely believe that the Barnsley fans started it, that it was us throwing cans & bottles outside the stadium and their inbred, pikey followers were only provoked into reacting by our fans getting lippy after Isgrove's goal. Which makes it alright, obviously.

Anyway, it was a **** forum - possibly the hardest one ever to negotiate, swamped by adverts and full of the most retarded, genetically-challenged fcukwits you're ever likely to encounter. No loss.

19. andytyke

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

What you dont seem to understand is that Barnsley fans didn't cause it. They reacted to an aggressive situation caused by Millwall fans. Barnsley fans were behaving themselves until they get set upon. Your being incredibly naive if you think it would have been possible to move away and ignore it. Your even more naive if you think turning round to someone who has just hit you and saying "Please dont do that again my friend" or putting your hand up and shouting a steward is the right course of action

20. andytyke

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Why did Featherstone get a mention on there? was a bit random, to say its a good 12 miles away