Elliot Lee my take on him

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Hemsworth Tyke, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Jack Tatty

Jack Tatty Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    What the **** has this got to do with Elliot Lee?

2. man

mansfield_red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I was looking on here earlier and Yiadom featured in a lot of posters' players of the season so far. That will be because he can defend as well as attacking, like a full back is meant to.

3. Sta

Stahlrost Well-Known Member

None
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    I've had enough, I'm off for a walk with a Yorkshire Terrier with a limp. The Yorkie has the limp, not me.

4. Exi

Exile Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Given that there was already a thread started today about Elliot Lee I wondered why you'd started another. And there it is in your second sentence, another wafer-thinly disguised dig at Yiadom.

I don't get your obsessive hounding of him at all.

It's also irrational and just plain wrong. Not only is AY a good defender, he is one of the most skilful full backs we've had. He dribbled past people on a number of occasions yesterday. Moreover he got forward countless times. I can remember at least four or five times when he overlapped but he also cut in when getting forward too. Maybe you don't see it but to me it makes perfect sense that a predominantly right-footed left back would cut in rather than go outside.

Nobody's asking you to wear rose-tinted spectacles but please do start opening your eyes/mind. Just ask yourself who it was (still) overlapping in the 92nd/93rd minute at Forest yesterday, who beat the defender and got to the goal line and then beat two more on the outside and won the corner leading to the passage of play from which we saw out the game in the corner. C'mon, it was right in front of us/you!

I struggle to rationalise your motives in your (failing) attempts to get at Yiadom. Are you James Bree's agent and/or lover???

5. Loko the Tyke

Loko the Tyke Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think you're finding a complaint that isn't here I'm afraid.

Yids has been absolutely top drawer this season. Arguably player of the season. But it's a fair observation to say that we don't have the same attacking threat down our left than we do down the right. The overlapping runs Yids would make when playing right back aren't there when he's at left back. That's not a criticism, it's a valid observation and I've noticed it too.

Look at James Bree's run that led to the corner against Birmingham. We don't get that on the other flank because Yids naturally cuts inside (usually after tricking his way past three or four players). This doesn't harm us at all by the way so isn't a complaint. Just naturally how we play at the minute and it's working well for us.

Aidy White and Elliot Lee down the left against Blackpool would have been a good shout for me. Yids at right back before heading to the African Nations Cup. Bree getting a rest.

Hemsworth's past has returned to haunt him on this one. But yet again, one paragraph of a post (and a valid one in my opinion) and there's 40 replies within two hours. Doesn't happen to anyone else.

6. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Your a little one dimensional aren't you a convo with you in day to day must go along the lines of

"Hey up weathers nice today"

"Not bad, AY is **** though"

Or

"Fancy a cuppa?"

"Two sugars and AY is ****"

7. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

Fulham and Bournemouth don't play a 442.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

8. Jack Tatty

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He has been to 23 games. Did you I know that?

9. Hem

Hemsworth Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Thank you

10. Con

Conan Troutman Well-Known Member

Professional Football Fan
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yes, such a shame really. The OP only had good and honest intentions. All he wanted to do was discuss Elliott Lee and look what happens.

11. Artisan-baker-red

Artisan-baker-red Well-Known Member

retail manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    is that Andy Yiadom, who one-time Chelsea Coach who led them to a champions league final, a league cup final, and almost won the premiership??, Avram Grant - has called up to the Ghanian international provisional squad.... because he just isn't very good at overlapping????
    That Avram Grant hasn't got a clue!!

12. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

He invites it. Not only with his agendas but also constantly telling us how many games he's been to.

If he meant to wind people up it wouldn't be so bad, but I think he's serious. Just has no filter.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

13. Loko the Tyke

Loko the Tyke Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Football fan in suggesting full back overlaps shocker.

Yes there's a hint of a dig, but what is a post about a player going out on loan before being given a chance in the FA Cup is turned in to something about our star full back who gets briefly mentioned in the OP.

As much as Hemsworth can repeat his opinion (although not on a daily basis or to the point where he has more than two threads on the main screen), some folk need to calm down with their quickness to respond.

I genuinely didn't read the OP and instantly think this is a dig at Yids. Anyone who did needs to have a word with themselves in all honesty.

Only my opinion like. Some will agree. Many won't.

14. Sta

Stahlrost Well-Known Member

None
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Why are you talking about Yiadom, and Bree? The post was supposedly about Elliot Lee. A discussion about him could have been interesting, but the criticism of Andy Yiadom, and subsequent defence of him by others including me, took over.

I salute your defence of HT, but the lad blatantly attacks our best players all the time. He's done it for years. We're all entitled to our opinions. You know mine. It's similar to many others on here, as you can see from this thread.

15. Jack Tatty

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    What you thanking him for?

Thought you didn't read what other posters write.

16. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm not sure how to reply to this one without again been called all the names under the sun but well done to Andy Yiadom. With that said they aren't that good. There left back will be an attacking threat with Baba Rahman and i'm not sure who at right back. They haven't got the biggest group of top players. It goes from Chelsea (out on loan to Schalke) to a player at Orlando Pirates in defence options.

Jeff Schlupp injured which means they needed another full back option and maybe (i'm not sure about there squad) gave our player the chance.

17. nezbfc

nezbfc Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm opposite.

I was actually mid response saying he had a valid point about giving lee a go.

But then the obvious blatant AY dig was enough for me to delete my response and think **** it.

Not worth it. And it was blindingly obvious this was yet another thread which was going to go on an on.

Because of his agenda against certain players.

18. madmark62

madmark62 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Bobby Hassell retired !!

19. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You just don't get it. A players performance can often be influenced by anothers game. An overlaping full back or a non overlooking full back can make such a difference to a wide man espcially a right footed left winger like Kent and Hammill or even ELLIIOT LEE.

20. Artisan-baker-red

Artisan-baker-red Well-Known Member

retail manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    so AY only got in the squad because of injuries? not because he is any good??
    they may not have a big group of top players, but looking at that list Yids is probably one of the more higher league players!! playing just 10 teams outside the premiership, in a very inform team!!