Doesnt matter that its Wednesday

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by exiled, Jan 12, 2017.

1. exiled

exiled Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley
    To me it doesnt.
    They're a club down the road, if I were moving job ideally I wouldnt want to move to the other end of the country either. What I cant compute is the business suicide of not only weakening our side but strengthening our main rival ( maybe along with Derby) to a play off spot and the potential riches beyond. We are not that desperate for 500k, even 1m from a main rival, given what we could have in the Prem. Stones, Mawson and prob Bree, 16m +?This is our best chance since we were last there and I never thought I'd see that day again.
    The next fans forum will be eventful.

2. Bossman

Bossman Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Thing is we don't know what's gone off behind closed doors, maybe Sam as forced our hand, I know it's easy to say that we should have held on to him until the end of the season, the money we've recouped from the sale of our last few players tells me that we've learnt from our previous mistakes, that's why something doesn't sit right with me on this one, wasn't he unhappy with the fans a few months ago? and was there rumours flying around that he wasn't happy we didn't let him join Leeds? Whatever's gone off we've got to trust Patrick, Hecky and the board on this one, besides bigger and better players have left and we've survived,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Young Nudger

Young Nudger Well-Known Member

Counting great crested newts
    Hiding in a reed bed at the local RSPB nature rese
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If you don't think it matters that one of our players is sold to Leeds or either of the Sheffield clubs - then you either live near the centre of Barnsley OR you are 'exiled' and live distant from the town.
    Anyone who lives in the surrounding district of Barnsley will tell you it matters greatly as there is a competition for support in those areas.
    If we lose players to those teams then it effects confidence in the club.

4. Fon

Fonzie Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm sorry but it does matter that it's them. If he'd have gone to Brentford as rumoured then it would have softened the blow somewhat.

5. exiled

exiled Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley
    Yes I'm "exiled", have been for nearly 30 yrs and I accept your point. I do get to around 25% of matches still tho. ( sorry W.Yorks). My point was that if Weds were mid table going nowhere the blow would be less, its more important they are a playoff rival than a local rival imho.

6. Young Nudger

Young Nudger Well-Known Member

Counting great crested newts
    Hiding in a reed bed at the local RSPB nature rese
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Selling him for peanuts is bad enough.
    But selling him to a club who we compete for support with is just plain crazy.
    Plus of course there's the small issue of providing that competitor with a better chance of promotion with the added £100 million windfall which comes with promotion - and and and, this maybe at the expense of Barnsley getting into the playoffs or promotion.
    I've said for years that the present owner doesn't understand the club or its fans.