£1 million for Hourihane confirmed

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by twillo, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It only it were that simple. If we did that no other players, e.g. Bogle wouldn't touch us with a barge pole.

And given we can only outspend two teams at our level the only leverage we have is the opportunity we offer to players to improve and prove themselves and then get better deals.

2. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Well-Known Member

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's not the selling I have an issue with its who we're selling to and our respective positions in the league. I'd rather they stayed here with the lip on than weaken our season by strenthing Wednesdays. It's a matter of principle and I don't think it would put off other players coming, not when we apply the transfer policy we do.

3. andytyke

andytyke Administrator Staff Member Admin

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
  4. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Hecky has it made. If we continue to do well his stock continues to rise. If we drop down the league significantly can roll out the players sold from under me line. Whatever happens with our league position he won't be affected.

5. Cap

Capital Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'd like to know what Hecky's feelings are on all this, with his good work being taken apart.

Gets us to 8th, then the rug's pulled from under his feet.

6. andytyke

andytyke Administrator Staff Member Admin

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

he's also spent the last few weeks telling us we don't need to sell and no one will be going anywhere unless we get silly offers.

Wonder why that has changed?

7. shed131

shed131 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Nothings changed its barnsley all over then they wonder why we have so many empty seats week in week out.....once again....welcome to JOKE WELL .....another mark Robins quote...there's conference sides better run than barnsley. ...once again his words appear to come back and haunt us.

8. Gol

Goldthorpe-Red Well-Known Member

Courier at DPD group UK.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I travel home and away every week, I like many others have felt the heartache of relegations and administration. However, having this squad ripped apart hurts as much as any of those events. I don't care that its Wednesday, it just bothers me that we have been lied to yet again. I really did think we was over this, clearly not.

My motivation to go to Fulham has gone from 100% to 0% in less than 48 hours.

9. Red

Redz Director Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Awful comment look at Brentford showing how it's done in the art of negotiation rejecting 2 offers already , One over 12 million for a player they regard as massively important to them and yes a premier league club in the capital not tinpot Wendy's In championship.

We are being dictated to by player power again and our weak negotiation skills Hogan and his agent will want this move to West Ham who I may also add will be offering a better wage than the Wendy's will be to our 2 traitors in the making but Brentford won't budge on the price they think he's worth as they own his contract and yes please someone tell mr Brown it is 2017 and we are accepting these derisory offers with the amount of money flying around £10 million for a Charlton youth player I think that I've never heard of as one maim example but our best player who's also our captain plus our top goal scorer sold to our main rivals for just a measly £2 Million as quoted by a fairly reasonable source in radio dee dar, This is complete and utter dross again from the jokewell headquarters.

Please please no one bring the contract lengths up again to debate this post because I'm not buying it yes Hogan has 18 months left on his contract and our 2 have 6 months but still the same negotiation we don't want to sell for peanuts and they want the 2 players in question so if they really want the 2 players that bad then tell the wannabe missives they will have to pay the going rate for now 2 established championship players in great form and the stats to back that up if they don't want to pay for example £6.5 million for the pair which I still think is cheap then they will have to play the lottery of waiting for the players to pick which club they want to move to in the summer when there free agents and clubs will be offering top dollar for there services that's as hard as it should have been.

Never mind the terrible pain this will cause to our superb loyal fans who have once again had there wildest ambitious dreams dashed by incompetence and a complete lack of ambition shown again.

10. Exi

Exile Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Don't think I've felt like this since we sold David Geddis to Birmingham for £80,000 (and he then got them promoted).

11. Exi

Exile Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Agree - been looking forward to it for ages, day out and a shot at getting revenge now that we were on better form than when we played them at home.

Hecky and the team, as always, will get my backing during the game but the sense of anticipation surrounding it has gone.

12. Exi

Exile Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
  13. sadbrewer

sadbrewer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Brentford are really showing us how to do it...last accounts , pre tax loss of £8.5 million and debts of £19 million....really showing how it should be done .
    Hogan is under contract to the end of 2018....not the end of this season....it gives them much more leverage.

14. Con

Connor Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    One million , what a bargain . Irreplaceable on that price

15. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    A players head can't be turned by a wage offer until after we have given permission to talk to the player which any sensible club wouldn't do

16. Jam

Jamo Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The powers that be surely, surely can't be so stupid as to let this happen? Can they?

17. Stamfordtyke

Stamfordtyke Active Member

Full time Barnsley supporter
    Stamford, Lincs. Born n dragged up in Thurnscoe
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That`s a bit head in the sand, His agent will do the groundwork under the radar.

18. Stamfordtyke

Stamfordtyke Active Member

Full time Barnsley supporter
    Stamford, Lincs. Born n dragged up in Thurnscoe
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    have been doing that for the last 55 years!!!!!!!

19. Gordon Owen

Gordon Owen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Tactical.

Derby, Norwich and Fulham could probably match the pigs wages, we can't, so they can buy the spine of our team and effectively kill off one of their play off rivals.

20. Red

Redz Director Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That's not my point SB at all not comparing accounts I'm comparing negotiations for one of there contracted players just like with Conor they want him they will have to pay or we walk away its simple not bend over and take it up harris because the player says that what he wants to go their (this in Winnall case) we should respond with tough you can go when we are happy with the Fee.

Quoting £3 Million for Henri Lansbury and £7 Million for Dale Stephens both 6 months left on there current deal ?????