Something must have gone off behind the scenes.

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Fonzie, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Fon

Fonzie Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    At the start of the season, we were told that the out of contract players wouldn't be sold for peanuts and that we would rather they went on a free after securing safety in this division.

Three weeks ago we were told that we weren't expecting any outgoings in January.

Either we have been lied to our something has happened behind the scenes. Now there's no way the club would tell outright lies us, so it must be the latter.

Hecky must stay.

2. RASCAL

RASCAL Member

Give up they lie all the time, What was the nickname of our former CEO, lol.

3. CrossTyke

CrossTyke Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Some people can't wait to knock the club, shameful.

4. man

mansfield_red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Key words "after securing safety." The powers that be obviously think we're safe (we aren't) so have cashed in and surrendered our promotion chances rather than having a proper go at it. A stunning lack of ambition.

5. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Well-Known Member

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We're on the fringes off the playoffs but Hecky has had the rug pulled from under him. So much for being told we'd keep these players unless there was an offer we couldn't refuse.

6. icer

icer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Here's what's happened but don't tell anyone I told ya, can't reveal mysauce as telling you on the HP or is it QT?

We have surprised a few clubs by the performance in the championship and certain players have stood out. We have seen Hourihane score worldys and Sam get player of the month again. We played Wednesday and people I know on the dark side of S.Yorks tell me 6 of our players caught King Carlos eye. Transfer window comes, clubs realise there is a low release clause due to contract position, have the money to flaunt both in wages and transfers and see a couple of million to supplement end of season play off push with proven players, in form as a no brainier.

We have our hands tied as the trigger clauses suit the players, the x4 or 5 wages position is a head turner as is 25+K fans a week adoring them. No loyalty in football other than to the footballer. We are stuck with a small squad so need reinforcements and can't afford key players sitting out for a couple of weeks or more.

Please don't repeat as this is unique to us and doesn't happen anywhere else in the footballing world and has never happened in the past ever or will ever happen again. I'm being sarcastic her for those that may think otherwise. We should just panic blame the club and move our focus from supporting the club, team and players we have. Simple, oh hang on some are already doing that.

Sorry I can't give more insight but I can show you Facebook messages I have saying good luck to us and that they see these as no brainer signings. The evidence is there and I'm sure Twitter can support too !!!

Sorry to burst anyone's bubble but that's how I see it I'm my narrow view. I usually concentrate the wider view on the future not the past. ��

7. North Yorks Red

North Yorks Red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    maybe

they just wanted rid of a disruptive influence? always seemed a miserable so to me

8. Andy Mac

Andy Mac Well-Known Member

IT
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    I am working on the assumption Hecky was asked for his opinion on action to take if offers came in for any of the current squad. And that he had a plan in place for all eventualities.

For 'working on the assumtion' read 'hoping and praying'.

Sent via Royal Mail and typed up by my Tapatalk byatch

9. Fon

Fonzie Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    With Linton leaving this makes me think something has happened for definite.