Danny Wilson audioboo, pre Boro..

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Whitey, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Whi

Whitey Guest

2. Hem

Hemsworth Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    They should have asked him if he thinks having a 20 per cent win records good enough.

Also if he''ll walk out to save the club sacking him after we are relegated .

3. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Will you walk out when he's still here next season?

4. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Ill be back going away next season.

Wasted 500 quid plus going away since December watching his football and don't forget the home games. Coventry was s highlight for sure of the season. Haha

5. Whi

Whitey Guest

I am still waiting for the XI players you'd have liked Danny to select regularly in your chosen formation, that in your mind would have kept us up.

Until you can come up with an answer to that, or in your mind a suitable successor to Danny, I'm done engaging with you. Because I've got more sense out of the Slovak lad at work who speaks no English and licks his own elbow.

6. Dys

Dyson Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Phil, you know I stick up for you but f.cking hell fire you're acting like a right lovely person.

How can someone who spends so much time, energy and money on BFC want the manager to fail? F.cking ridiculous.

7. shenk1

shenk1 Well-Known Member

Urine Extraction Technician
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I wonder who on here is now trying to do this ;)

8. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    for the good of the team next season I think he needs to go.

What we are seeing at Oakwell especially isn't unusual. When he was at Sheffield united I used to listen to Radio sheffield every night and 3/4 shows a day fans of Sheffield united used to come on and say all the things we are seeing.

I've never been someone to walk out of a Football match yet i've done it 5/6 times since he came to the club in December.

9. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    For the good of the team? The team that's got us to second bottom? I'm more interested in for he good of the club and DW is good for the club, wether you like it or not.

10. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    We've won 3 and drawn 3 of the 12 games we've played away from home since Wilson took over. Not a brilliant return, but 12 points from 12 away games isn't bad for us. We usually average less than 1 point a game on our travels over a season. Last season we managed 23 points from our away games, as we did 2009/10, but the other seasons back in The Championship we've averaged a lot less than that. So, even though this is a crap year, Wilson has done as well away from home as we've ever done since promotion.

Under Flitcroft this season we played 8 away games, lost 7 and drew 1. But it's under Wilson that you've wasted the money?

You make no sense.

Oh, btw, this thing you keep saying about Wilson being sacked by Swindon. It's not true. He resigned.

11. Dys

Dyson Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Phil, you're talking rubbish.

I remember Sheffield United went through a really bad patch that led him to get the sack. They were 5th in the league at the time of his sacking.

I wouldn't mind your opinion if you didn't just make **** up. Never seen anyone walk out of a game? Did you see us lose against Southampton? Watford? Wigan? Birmingham? All home games where we had our arses handed to us. Only game that came close to that under Danny at home was against Leicester.

We're getting better. You know it. I know it. But you can't admit it because you've made your bed and now you have to continue being an utter ****, day in, day out to justify it. When I was being a **** sticking up for Keith it was because I wanted him to do well. You're doing it in the hope he doesn't. It's f.cking stupid and you're even doing my head in.

12. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Getting beat hurts Dyson but thats Football. Getting beat by Southampton Wigan even Leicester a few weeks ago. Not creating a chance game after game at Oakwells bad. Leeds have 3 or 4 really good players but Barnsley again didn't create a chance.

Under Flitcroft I always thought would create a chance a half and we did although we weren't great at the back. Wilsons been lucky that Ramage and M'Voto have improved which comes with time at the club. If I was the manager I would go with a team with far more balance.

For me we've still got good players but he's not picking some and others he picks in the wrong position. This came against Leicester McCourt attacking and Mellis right wing??? defend that Dyson if you can. When ever McCourts played well it's been from the right or left but maninly right. Leicester away for example when he first showed us what he could do.

My team for Whitey would be
    O'grady
    Jennings Mellis McCourt/ O'brien
    Frimpong Digby
    Kennedy Nyatanga/Cranie Ramage Ryan M/ Cranie (Cranie at right back if McCourt was playing)

Also Dyson I've been on this forum 5/6 years and this is the first time I've ever said I wanted a manager out. That says a lot in my mind.

13. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Wilson's last 12 games in charge of Sheff Utd: W6 D4 L2

They hadn't lost their last 2 either. They'd won 1 drawn 2 and lost 1 of his last 4 games. They sacked him because they were ******* stupid. No other reason. They had 5 games left to play and were in 5th position. They were 6 points behind automatic promotion and 4 points clear of 7th position, but had 2 games in hand on both clubs. Had they won them both they'd be back in the automatic promotion position. They sacked him and won just 1 of those final 5 games and lost in the semi-final of the play-offs. The year before Wilson had them finish 3rd on 90 points and they lost in the play-off final on penalties.

It took Sheff Utd 26 games after they'd sacked Wilson to win as many as he had in his final 12.

But, you reap what you sow, after guiding them to the play-offs for two consecutive seasons they're out of it this year. One of the most stupid sackings football has ever seen, but no surprise from that club and they've got exactly what they deserve.

14. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    OK and who would you play instead of Digby as everyone has been telling you (and you've been ignoring) that he's injured.

Oh, O'Brien has been injured too, so I guess that means you would have gone with McCourt. Except you said you'd play Crainie if McCourt was playing, but he's been injured too. It's not so easy this managing lark is it?

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  15. Dys

Dyson Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Under Flitcroft we were ****. We were **** and were losing heavily. Under Danny we're **** and we're grinding out points. We have to play in the way we do because we don't have good players. We don't have good players because we're bottom of the league for the third season running with 3 different managers. That proves it.

That side - isn't that 451? The formation you've been slagging him off for? And with a midfield that includes an injured Digby? And pretty much the same attacking midfield he's played recently (apart from O'Brien who's been injured)?

You're brilliant.

16. Dys

Dyson Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I seem to remember there was a long record where they didn't score at home or did I imagine that?

He's a **** manager him.

17. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Theres different ways of playing dyson that system. Under Hill we played a balanced team and did really well. scored a lot, won quite a lot and got to 7th before Christmas.

18. Dys

Dyson Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We were good because we had better players than we do now.

19. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Well-Known Member

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Did you check his career win record Phil, the one that spans about 20 seasons? You can't judge him on his record with us since January.

20. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    4 games. 3 0-0s and 0-2 that got him the sack. But in between those they won 2, drew 1 and lost 1 away from home, so it wasn't a bad run really, just a bit dull at home.