Adam Johnson

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Whitey, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Whi

Whitey Guest

Guilty on one charge of sexual activity with a child.

Judge told him "custodial sentence almost inevitable" and by all accounts, anything between a 5 and 10 stretch.

Bailed to reappear for sentencing in a couple of weeks.

2. BobT

BobT Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I bet that the prisons are putting in bids for him now, to strengthen their team.

3. Ors

Orsen Kaht Guest

As I read it, starting point of 3 years' custody. Range 2-6 years. Aggravation in this case and NG plea would suggest maybe 5 years.

4. LDR

LDRed Well-Known Member

Groundhopper
    Style:
    Barnsley
    But then add in the fact he's a footballer. 6 months.

5. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Jeremy Forrest was only jailed for 5 years for having sex (numerous times) with a 15 year old girl in his care (school teacher) and for kidnapping her and taking her to France illegally.

A female school teacher was only jailed for 18 months for having sex with numerous pupils starting at just 14 years old.

If Johnson got anywhere near a 10 year prison sentence for consensual sexual activity with a 15 year old who bragged about it to friends then it isn't justice, it's a witch hunt.

Not condoning what he did but it has to be dealt with fairly and comparatively with other cases.

6. Jack Tatty

Jack Tatty Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
  7. Andy Mac

Andy Mac Well-Known Member

IT
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    He should have a word with some of the locals ......... bailed before sentencing usually means a chance to pop to Islamabad on the next available flight.
    But on a serious note, hope the punishment fits the crime.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

8. pon

pontyender Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Unfortunately castration isn't an option.

9. Sca

Scarthy Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Fair comment. Had he owned up to it he might have got 3 but I think he's looking at 5 to serve 3 and, whilst it shouldn't, the high profile will inevitably mean the judge goes high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Hom

Homer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Adam Johnson is like a fish. He was dangled a bait and took it. Hooked line and Sinker. Some lasses at 15 years old can fetch ducks off the water, she is not blameless in all this. She had not got to let him do what he did and respond with a Bl@@ Job
    At the same time he would have known he was in taboo land. Too late now he's finished. He will not be the first or the last

11. Skryptic

Skryptic Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Given that the age of consent is 15 in France and 14 in Germany a ten year sentence would be incredibly harsh.

I reckon 18 months.

12. Red

RedYarmy New Member

Good point.

In the current climate it would take a brave judge to pass a sentence that could be referenced - appealed on the grounds of undue leniency.

This judge is not that man. He will not want another Stuart Hall scenario.

The safer option is to err on the side of too much but shy of manifestly excessive, thus rendering any defence appeal unlikely to succeed.

If the basis of sexual activity is digital penetration that will be the lead sentence with a decision to be made how much more to add on for the grooming/ kissing counts bearing in mind the principe of totality - ie you don't just pass consecutive terms for each offence regardless of the cumulative total.

I think he'll make much of the grooming and make that consecutive with a concurrent term for the kissing.

Looking at the matter in the round my view is that it should go no higher than 4.

Very odd verdicts in my view, unanimously sure of 1 count, unanimously unsure of the other suggesting that there were concerns over the credibility of the complainant.

13. Whi

Whitey Guest

Aye, I was only repeating the breaking news/tweet.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Judge Rose says: &quot;There is a high probability of a significant custodial sentence&quot; for Adam Johnson - between 4-10 years jail likely</p>&mdash; Josh Halliday (@JoshHalliday) <a href="https://twitter.com/JoshHalliday/status/705069293852086272">March 2, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. Whi

Whitey Guest

The age of consent in the UK is 16. He knew that, because he ******* googled it himself half an hour after fingering her 15 year old vagina through her knickers.

Baffled at your post if I'm honest.<iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none;"></iframe>

15. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The girl admitted that she actually approached him by seeking out his personal Instagram page.

I always thought grooming was when you befriend somebody and then sneakily 'train' their mind to think sex with you is ok. I'm sure that's what it used to mean, now it seems to simply mean 'adult has sexnwith underage person after speaking to them first'. Did I mething change it r did I misunderstand it originally?

16. Micky Finn

Micky Finn Well-Known Member

Light bender
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Blunts currently putting a contract package together for him.

17. Marlon

Marlon Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    The responsibility is with the adult not the child

18. Red

RedYarmy New Member

There are degrees of it.

Here, although young star struck fan made first approach, Judge will make much of how adult footballer took advantage of his position and her adoration, manipulating the circumstances for his sexual gratification.

19. Skryptic

Skryptic Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Because justice should be in the public interest. Ched Evans got 5 years for ****ing a drunk girl without her consent. I don't think Johnson's crime was doubly as bad as that. I don't think his crime was half as bad as that.

Of course there are reasons we have the age of consent, we believe 15 year olds aren't mature enough to make those decisions, but that really isn't based on any kind of science, which is why it differs in other countries. In some parts of America the age of consent is 18. Does that mean you're a danger to the public if you sleep with a 16 year old girl over here?

20. Marlon

Marlon Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    It's the laws of our land that counts and he googled them before he went ahead so is well aware.
    It's legal to carry guns in America does that mean we should?