Monday's Football Report

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Whitey, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Whi

Whitey Guest

2. Whi

Whitey Guest

3. Tyk

Tyketicus Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    just playing dodgy 60s easy listening/country 'music' for me

4. Whi

Whitey Guest

Same here mate. I've no idea what's going off.

5. ed1

ed12j8w Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm just getting a lot of music again via that link! Was same last time, you sure that's right?

6. Tyk

Tyketicus Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    oh noooo its baaadddd now

7. Tyk

Tyketicus Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    like listening to paint dry. im done.

8. Cumbrian_Tyke

Cumbrian_Tyke Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Is there no way it could be just uploaded onto YouTube or something?

9. jedstar

jedstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Can't we get our heads together and figure out a way that the lads can run this show independently from a website or summat?

I'm sure the show could be hosted from a pub or summat, surely all the professional equipment isn't required.

10. Whi

Whitey Guest

The show is recorded live on their computer at the studio, then transferred to USB, and **** knows after that. It's been two days, I offered to stick it on my youtube if someone sends me the recording. That's not happened. I was then told it'd be re-run three times this week, starting tonight. Clearly not.

My youtube channel is verified, therefore I can broadcast live events etc, upload things hours and hours long if need be. So in essence, we don't even need that station. All you'd require is a room somewhere with broadband, a laptop, and just youtube the whole event live. Unlimited viewers, easy access, no music, adverts or whatever else.

Many ways to make this a success.

11. Zemaj

Zemaj Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Hopefully we'll get to hear it at some point! Keep us posted please! :)

12. Marc

Marc Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The radio station runs off Myriad I think, which is pretty standard for local stations. Not sure what the streaming is, but probably summit like ice stream I imagine.

I never touched a sound desk really when I recorded my shows. A Mac, a decent mic and GarageBand was all I used. Did it at home and just uploaded it to myriad. Then used podomatic for uploading.

It starts getting more complicated when you do things like phone ins, news, and obviously live broadcast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. twi

twillo Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The first session was a shambles on Monday but it can be a great success. Hopefully the lads can pull it off and get back to what it was last season, and even better

14. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Well-Known Member

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm chalking **** on this weeks.

15. Spe

SpencerUk Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    [MENTION=54962]jedstar[/MENTION]

I've asked Carlo (one of the SLO's we contacted to get Mansford and co on previous) to look into something for me...If we needed to stream it as Internet Radio, there's cheaper packages out there, which I'm sure users would contribute to...At the same time of that, You could do it live from your home technically and host podcasts like a conference call.

Only advantage I see to a studio is it's more professional.
    [MENTION=54054]Whitey[/MENTION]

This is how I used to do it;

- Record live onto a USB drive, take it home, open it up Audacity, splice it and what not, boost gains if needed, and upload to SoundCloud which in turn notifies iTunes and podcast directories..voila, done.

- I don't see the problem about putting it on YouTube apart from you'd have to edit the music out first (which I'm sure isn't hard for you considering you produce videos) due to all the copyright crap on YouTube.
    [MENTION=54922]Marc[/MENTION]

You're right with Myriad. You could use Skype for the calls and you can easily record them too. Hell even Mac OSX does call handovers if you have an iPhone so you don't even need Skype!. Just an internet connection, a mic, and a streaming service.
    [MENTION=54628]twillo[/MENTION]

Wouldn't go as far as saying shambles. I mean as Andy has said previous, club has been good to it and Chris and Jake can only work with what they've got which is a small room with some outdated equipment. We as fans can help it get better by being guests on the show. :)

16. Whi

Whitey Guest

I'd have done the same, got it home, open it on Audacity, remove the songs, boost the audio etc, but then uploaded to youtube. Jake told me he was sending it me, but depended on him getting access to a laptop. I'm assuming he hasn't managed that as I've heard nowt.

I have since offered my login details to my youtube channel, but Chris says he's getting something else sorted which he describes as 'promising news' once he's met Lee (the manager). So we'll see what they cook up.

17. RichK

RichK Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We'd not have to look at you would we? Might put a few off.

18. Whi

Whitey Guest

Some of the complaints I read on Monday night were regarding the background chatter. I think they need to understand that it's a live show, in a very old and small studio, where three of us were practically reading from a script (although I chipped in with the odd random point) and sat around one microphone. So when Chris wanted one of us to chirp up, you probably heard that 'chatter' etc. But the idea that we were being rude or giggling etc, absolute ********. Three lads in their own time and at a cost to their own wallet were trying to produce summat for free, for fellow reds.

Last season proved it can work. I think it works better though with just one guest, at the most two. And, when done in a free manner, no script and just having a natter. I'd also get rid of the musical intervals. Don't see the point.

It can be a success, and I'm sure it will be. But until I hear that first show again, I'm unaware of how 'amateur' or 'shabby' it was. It came over well from our end, the guests loved it, and we left the studio happy with the job.

19. Whi

Whitey Guest

No. I'd have the camera focussed on a generic BFC image or summat, so you'd just get the audio, same as you would listening to the current show. It's a piece of piss. Unfortunately, I live miles away, can't get over every week so that's why I offered my youtube channel to Chris, if he fancied using it. But I think he sees the station as the place for it. Me, I don't think it is unless they increase the bandwidth, or at least fix the podcast issue.

20. RichK

RichK Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Was just bants mate.

Get a rival done from thi cupboard under stairs.

The current setup is no use though, it looks like only 50 people are going to hear it, how's it supposed to grow? I appreciate it's being done by volunteers etc but it'll remain tinpot wiart change.