Official Site : 2-4-1 Ticket Offer Announced!

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Newsbot, Oct 6, 2015.

1. RichK

RichK Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    So where was the increase in support from the last fiver deals, other than for the actual offer game? There wasn't one.

It's only your opinion of how it supposedly works. I think otherwise. I don't think letting people in for free for a game would have an impact once the price goes back to normal.

They are already offering a massive discount, the fiver you are using is just an arbitrary figure you are putting on it for it to work. What if it was 6 quid or 7? If that works then why not a tenner, which is a bargain.

Anyway, I'll say no more on it.

2. RichK

RichK Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    No I have no issue at all with people getting in cheaper than my season ticket. I'm happy with the deal I've got. I'd change my mind if it was a tenner on matchday ticket every week but for the odd game I'm happy for it to be done.

I don't it's a waste of time if the goal is to increase attendance for 1 game, I do if we expect a long term effect as it won't occur. And I do think the offer made by the club is an excellent one value wise, and I don't agree with anyone who'll criticise because it isn't being made any cheaper.

3. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    As I've said many times, the offer was for the last game of the season, so there wasn't a game for people to come back to. Dunno how you can say there wasn't an increase with this being the case.

4. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The pay a fiver thing was successful in its self but was timed poorly so regardless of its successful there could be no 'knock on' affect for the next game. If you timed it right then followed on with a 2-4-1 offer for the next 6 home games and then reduced tickets to a more realistic price for the demographic area then I do believe that there would be a long term impact on attendances if this approach was publicised properly.

While this gesture is a nice one it is just a gesture rather than a strategy. It will have little impact on long term attendances and a fairly minimal one on short term attendances.

5. Ext

Extremely Northern Well-Known Member

Professional Northerner.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Ignoring the massive opportunity that you going to a drumming group is...

You are wholeheartedly 100% on the money. Companies spend £000s getting people through their doors.

Thinking that you have a captive audience ain't the thing

6. RichK

RichK Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You mentioned 2 fiver deals, were they both last games of the season?

This 241 offer is a great offer.

7. Gordon Owen

Gordon Owen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    [MENTION=54059]DEETEE[/MENTION]

You'll be pleased to know I've just received a text off BFC about the offer....

8. I'm Spartacus

I'm Spartacus Well-Known Member

Missionary
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Received an email about the offer yesterday and a text today from the club...there will be coverage in the Chronic on Friday. If anyone has an interest BFC, they will know well in advance of the games. Absolute nonsense saying the club does not advertise initiatives.

9. DEETEE

DEETEE Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It hasn't in the past.

Its been documented on here more than once.

Theres about 8000 who maintain a vested interest week in week out. The season nticket holders. The pay on the gaters.

The offer isnt particularly aimed at that demographic but the stay aways, the big game daves, those whove been hit by apathy.

Their interest will end at the bottom of.the report in mondays sun. Its these folk whom we need to tempt back.

Saying that. Lose to Crewe saturday and it maybe a futile gesture

10. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    The two most recent games where we've done football for a fiver were Leicester in 2007 (attendance 20,012), which was the last home game of the season and Forest in 2009 (attendance 19,681) after which we had two further home games. The home game before the Forest match was against Palace (attendance 10,885) and the two after were Swansea (11,788) and Wolves (attendance 18,288) but the sample size isn't big enough to know if there was a change in attendances.

For people who already go and pay on a match by match basis, I agree. To get significantly more people in like the we did for the Forest and Lecester games? We'll see, I'm predicting nowhere near, and there were people turned away from both those games.

11. Gordon Owen

Gordon Owen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    How many do we reckon are on the system at Oakwell?

12. I'm Spartacus

Missionary
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The Leicester and Forest games were vitally important games at the "business" end of the season...I'm sorry but if we offered a fiver deal this Saturday, I very much doubt the attendance would top 11,000...and I'm being optomistic

13. Dr Zazlos

Dr Zazlos Banned Idiot

L&T Transport LGV/PCV Instructor
    Suprisingly I agree with you!

14. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    You can take a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

15. I'm Spartacus

Missionary
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    So you agree with me and Ponty...Well done.

16. pon

pontyender Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Not really true. My dad never knows about these things unless I tell him. He doesn't follow BFC online and doesn't buy the Chronicle. They ought to really mailshot by post everyone on their database and do radio/TV adverts as well.

17. pon

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    They should do some market research to find out why lapsed supporters on their database are not buying season tickets or paying match-by-match regularly any more. If they did so, they would quickly come to the conclusion that they've got match day pricing completely wrong and make it £18-20 on the turnstiles for the rest of the season. It would also show that if they did have a 2-4-1 offer, it would work best if it could be used for games of the individual supporter's choice. Most people would choose a Saturday + Saturday option or a Tuesday + Tuesday option, because many people's work patterns prevent them from attending Tuesday + Saturday.

18. I'm Spartacus

Missionary
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Seriously? Money no object then. Come on, 99.9% Reds fans will know about this offer, word of mouth included.

19. pon

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You're as clueless as the club. They also have a perception that everyone follows the club online.

20. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I honestly don't think they will know about it. It surprises me how often I go to games and mention something or other about bfc that I thought was common knowledge because I had seen it on here and the official site etc only to find that the people in talking to have no idea what I'm talking about.

The obvious assumption is that in 2015 advertising online is all that's needed to get the message out but in reality it isn't and that only gets the message out to some people with the key part being that it gets the message out to people who are already taking an active interest and they are in my opinion the people who are already going to games.

I personally think we need to be advertising the deal in offline environments too and while I understand the money issue there are many low cost or completely free ways to do it. Posters put up in shops for example. That's been done before but it was done in a weird way where the shop owners had to take the initiative and print off or collect a poster. How about we send somebody round to shops giving posters out instead?
    Radio Sheffield is the easy way to advertise simply by getting someone in to give an interview and talk about it. They subtly advertise offers at the dee dar clubs all the time.