for Gally

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Red-Taff., Jan 18, 2016.

1. Red

Red-Taff. Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Yes, we should ALL regard ourselves responsible for the 'moral compass' of this board. If, in our opinion, we see a message as inappropriate all we can do is report that message to Admin.
    Admin may agree and delete message or Admin may decide message is o.k.

2. LDR

LDRed Well-Known Member

Groundhopper
    Style:
    Barnsley
    That's exactly what they've done and you've still got your knickers in a twist over it.

3. Red

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    But you weren't aware of the poll results before setting up the poll so that can not be a justification for setting it up. I have massive respect for Patrick Cryne and it is, to my mind, disrespectful to have such a poll.

I don't want your opinion about the validity of my opinion that some posts are inappropriate. It is up to admin to decide.

4. Red

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    No, you are mistaken.

5. Whi

Whitey Guest

I was certain, as a regular user of the forum that there'd be a huge majority backing him. And so it proved. Not sure what part of that you're struggling to grasp.

And considering your 'accidental' private message the other day, dustani, I'd be careful when accusing others of being inappropriate. :D

6. Gally

Gally Administrator Staff Member Admin

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley
    I tried to reply to this last night but didn't get to it. Been a crazy busy day today but here's my reply:

THere seems to have been a problem with email notifications going out from the BBS it think. (Anyone had any sort of email recently) so I think notifcations may have been going unnonoticed. @andytyke has set up a notification to PM so hopefully that should make these easier to spot. I've removed the post.

A quick google seems to suggest this is probably true but I've removed it anyway.

He jumped to one conclusion and ST was clearly talking about his obsession with playing the kids? THis was stated in reply to his objection? Removed it though.

I think you could argue about it being disrespectful but I'm not sure how many would share your view. Personally I didn't feel it warranted censoring the post and it was my belief that vast the majority of Barnsley fans don't want Patrick to walk away even if he doesn't seem to believe that.

I think you are correct and that is something we are working on as well ask making sure the reports do at least get a response and that there are enough moderators online to make sure this happens a bit quicker than it probably has been doing.

THank you for taking the time for the feedback it's much appreciated.