January Signings

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by NathanBFC, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Nat

NathanBFC Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Due to work and some other commitments I have not been able to attend any games for a while :( which is a real shame as they are still doing so well! I have of course been keeping up to date with results, interviews etc but just not been able to go to see the lads live. I was able to catch the Leeds game on the TV luckily but that was the last time I have been able to see them.

I was just wanting an opinion from some of you on here as to how the new lads are performing in recent games and are the losses of Conor, Winnall and Bree noticeable or are the new signings making the transition perfectly. Its been a few weeks since they all came in and most have had some game time.

2. JLWBigLil

JLWBigLil Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    My take on the January signings:-
    Gethin Jones- solid enough defender, especially at left back;
    Alex Mowatt & Ryan Hedges- not enough game time to judge;
    Callum Elder-struggled to find his feet just yet, but it's still early (probably a bit ring rusty);
    Matty James-touch of quality and improving with every game.
    Truth be told, Ryan Williams and George Moncur getting game time now is like having another couple of new signings, too. Hopefully, both can make a positive contribution (along with the new lads) to ensure we can enjoy this final third of the season just as much as the earlier period.

3. Nat

NathanBFC Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    thanks,

I was impressed with Jones in the Leeds game but not seen em since :/

I was very happy to see Moncur start and was delighted that he played well as I was over moon when he signed but was disappointed when he went on loan but glad he seems to be getting a chance.

4. JLWBigLil

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Reading some of the quotes attributed to him, Moncur also appears to have changed his attitude and approach, which can only be a good thing.

5. Nat

NathanBFC Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    definitely, I heard his interview he did with BBC radio sheff and was very impressed with his honesty and what he had to say, he seems to have turned a corner so to speak and hopefully now is like a brand new signing

6. JLWBigLil

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yup, I agree.

7. Prince of Risborough

Prince of Risborough Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    There's one obvious solution to your not seeing many games, for whatever reason. Subscribe to Barnsley Player for thirty odd pounds a year. It is a bargain by any stretch of the imagination.
    I've just had the pleasure of watching the whole Villa game this morning and it was, quite simply, a stunning performance. This team is an absolute joy to watch right now and no Barnsley fan has any excuse for not watching them. If you can't get to games get Player. It is peanuts for the entertainment it provides. Honestly, you won't regret it!

8. Nat

NathanBFC Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

I have been considering getting it for a while but been unsure if it is worth it or not, certainly will consider this especially as my dad now works away from home most weeks who I usually go to game with so would benefit us both having access to it

9. Prince of Risborough

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Listen Nathan - ignore anyone who says it is not worth it. Some people complain about down time during commentaries (it happens sometimes) but the service is MUCH more than that. The interviews, the behind the scenes videos, the 12-minute highlight packages and, of course, the full match replays are what make it for me. Obviously match day commentaries are brilliant but the rest makes it an essential purchase for any Barnsley fan.

£34.99 to renew my subscription last August. Who could possibly argue that this is poor value for money?

10. Nat

NathanBFC Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Its defo something I will look into now! especially as it will benefit me and my dad as we can both just use one account I imagine (guessing two cant use it at the same time though)

11. Prince of Risborough

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I couldn't comment on that but yes, just do it! I have nothing to do with the club by the way. I'm just a supporter who doesn't live in the town and hardly ever goes to away games so I would not like to be without it. I might bang on about how good it is, but that is only my honest opinion.

There has been a quantum leap in quality over the last couple of years with match action in HD quality. Obviously it depends on your broadband connection, but I'm on superfast cable connection through Virgin, so that obviously helps.