I've heard the new blink-182 song..

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Whitey, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Whi

Whitey Guest

About 182 times so far. It's the dogs ********.

HTH.

2. troff

troff Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Save your breath.

I think we're bored to death of this thread...

Used to love blink 10-15 years back - the track is good but let's be honest it's not much different to what was produced back then. Lineup change or not.

3. Goo

Googs Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Got a link mate? Will have a listen at dinner. Looking forward to hearing it.

4. Bossman

Bossman Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Here you go mate http://youtu.be/8yGipyel-3I, I really like that, on a side note I've just watched the After Midnight video and I thought I recognised the girl in it, her name is Valorie Curry she was one of the main characters in a TVs series I use to watch called The Following starring Kevin Bacon.

5. Goo

Googs Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Cheers [MENTION=7244]bossman[/MENTION] never thought of youtube, like a fool. I really really like that to be honest. Always been a big fan of Hoppus, you know what you get. I'm interested to hear Skiba though and see how his voice and Blink's music mix. Never heard Alkaline Trio so no idea how he sounds. Tom never had the nicest sounding voice IMO, but with Blink's (and Angels & Airwaves) music it just worked so well.

6. Whi

Whitey Guest

The first verse is Hoppus on vocals, as is the first pre-chorus. Then Skiba takes over for the chorus. Skiba does the second verse, then the pre-chorus, Hoppus doing the second chorus.

I've listened to Mark Hoppus for 20 years, and so I could tell, but I can honestly say that to casual listeners and probably even some fans, it's difficult to distinguish between both voices on this single. DeLonge's high pitch wailing has long gone. Skiba is quite varied with his range for Alkaline Trio and the Sekrets. So I expect it'll be easier to tell them apart on the album. But aye, very similar voices on this record.

It's better than I expected, the song. A line-up change at this point - although forced on them - was always going to make or break them. It's made them, better. If this is evidence. The last album was (two or three songs aside that Mark wrote/sung) dogshit in comparison to Enema, Untitled, Dude Ranch etc. This is proper blink again, not some try-hard ****, trying to sound like U2 or whatever DeLonge was up to. Save that **** for your other band. This is pure, unadulterated, catchy, pop punk with energy coarsing through it and lyrics that make no sense. They're not re-inventing the wheel. They're blink-182. The greatest band to pick up instruments. :D

mgid-ao-image-mtv.jpg

[video=youtube;8yGipyel-3I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yGipyel-3I[/video]

1st July, new album, 'California'. Nice.

#You182Reds

7. Whi

Whitey Guest

I prefer Sophie Monk. And this is (I'm biased) one of the greatest music videos of all time. Do music videos still exist? I didn't know 'singles' still existed until this new blink one. But it's not for sale, it's just there to download for nowt. It's the massive tour over the next 12 months all over the world where I'm guessing they earn their coin.

But yeah, Miss Monk..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvtJVku_mJw

8. Whi

Whitey Guest

As I've just said above, it's proper blink again. As you say, it's not much different to what was produced 10 to 15 years ago, back when they were at their best. That's a good thing. Because the last album was very DeLonge/AVA focused, too slow, quiet and melodic. **** that ****. I'm here for the catchy, poppy, punk rock. That's what I signed up to in 1996 when I first heard their music and whilst I do love 2003's untitled album, it's mature, progressive sound, it still had that edge and energy to it. The last album sucked all the fun out of the band and pandered to DeLonge's tastes.

I like some of his own stuff, and a lot of the AVA tunes I still listen to now. But don't wreck blink with that ****. So now we've the best of both worlds. Blink with their stuff and Tom with his stuff. Until his money runs out and he begs to return.

I'll go away now. :D

You Reds and that.

9. arabian_ian

arabian_ian Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Hmm. Now that is very debatable.

10. Whi

Whitey Guest

:D

11. Gloria Stitts

Gloria Stitts Active Member

Blink 182 make Green Day look like The Beatles.

Wire have a new album out soon.

Now there's a punk band still releasing good records (probably the best punk band ever IMO).

12. Whi

Whitey Guest

I'd have been gutted if you'd have said you liked blink.

13. Tony

Tony Active Member

I prefer Bowling for Soup.:rolleyes: