Eoin Morgan and Alex Hales will not tour Bangladesh, what do you think of that ?

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Hemsworth Tyke, Sep 11, 2016.

1. wak

wakeyred Well-Known Member

the clues in my imaginative online moniker
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If after the 7/11 London attacks the bangladeshi players had refused to tour we'd be calling them out for it, what's the difference?

2. Gre

GreenyTyke Well-Known Member

Layabout
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    This is either sarcasm or you've just quoted a Daily Mail article and then supported Piers Morgan and expected to be taken seriously. Why should he be sacked, what has he done wrong. If Piers is so dismissive of Eoin's decision he should go with them and show us all how brave he is. Nasser has abit more credibility because he's an ex cricketer, England captain and generally not an absolute donkey of a human but still they have no place commenting on Morgan's decision because they're not important in this situation in the slightest, it's his decision if he feels giving up his place in the team for the matches and any more he may miss due to the form of other players because he doesn't feel secure then thats his right

3. Met

Metatarsal Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Exactly this. Respect their decision completely, and I'm sure they accept that there is a risk of losing their place.

4. Con

Conan Troutman Well-Known Member

Professional Football Fan
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Nevermind that. I'm still waiting for you to explain why Ryan Williams is vital to the team.

5. Hem

Hemsworth Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He was in a list of players that can and will do a similar role Conan.

I still believe he will play for Barnsley. I really hope he can get back and do what I'm sure he wants to do. I'm honestly not sure how far Ryan's away but October was something he had said.

The fans just need to get behind him. I understand he's not been too happy about people questioning him and a return which is understand.

6. Con

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If there's a list of players who can do a similar role (and probably do it better) how does that make him vital?

7. Hem

Hemsworth Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's a vital position. I never said any of them were vital Conan.

I don't see any of the squad been vital on their own. I see the roles vital.

Scowens also very good at that AM role but we've got three central midfielders so it's unlikely he'll start in that position.

8. fir

fired Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Let me get this right, you want fans to get behind a player they haven'r seen in the flesh for 12 months, but in the meantime, you're ok to carry on slagging off our Top Goalscorer and the Championship's Player of the Month, amongst others. Nowt against Williams, I hope he gets back to full fitness, but you're hardly in a position to be telling fans who to get behind.

9. Con

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You said Williams was vital if we want to keep playing 4-4-2. What does he offer that's so vital? I've yet to see evidence he can cut it in League One. I'd say he's the very opposite of vital this season.

10. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don't want an Irishman in the England team but that's not the point. He is the captain and therefore it's his responsibility to lead by example. He's put himself in a situation where he can't really have a go at a team mate in the future if that person has risked it in Bangladesh when he didn't have it in him to do the same. Alistair Cook has done what was expected of him and will be leaving behind his heavily pregnant wife for a longer tour than the ODI one.

He was around a terrorist attack in India yet goes there for his IPL pay day still and yet won't go where there was an isolated one off incident. Imagine if other sporting nations took our one off 7/7 terrorist attack as an excuse to not play us in any sport again in England. We'd have been calling them all sorts for coming to that conclusion. The experts in the safety field have given their word it's safe and that should be enough. It's not like he's being told to go play for us in Pakistan, although cricket nations should be at least talking about touring there again.

11. North Yorks Red

North Yorks Red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Piers Morgan is an absolute knob, why should anybody be penalised for taking part in a tour to an unstable area wonder, how many are going when the really don't want to.
    Its easy in (Piers Morgans case) to be billy big ****** when you aren't the target

12. Gre

GreenyTyke Well-Known Member

Layabout
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    1) If you don't like having an Irish man in the squad we should probably tell Stokes as well, and while were at it kick Ballance out of any future contention for it as well. Infact right Andrew Strauss out of the history books he wasn't a proper captain he wasn't english.
    2) He can have a go at someone if they play crap regardless of whether he went to Bangladesh or not, if you the England squad hold it against him in future matches then they all need to grow up.
    3) Suggesting Morgan is greedy is just really juvenile because he played in an IPL match after a terrorist attack and he doesn't want to travel to Bangladesh
    4) If were going to stop sporting events in countries where terrorist attacks have happened we better pretty much close down competitive sport all together, but regardless of that if a team didn't want to come to England after the 7/7 attacks then that would have been their prerogative, but also don't forget we have alot more security in this country and the chance of a terror attack in England against foreign sportspeople is alot less likely than an attack against British sportspeople in a country where their has been a recent terror attack aimed at foreigners.

13. andytyke

andytyke Administrator Staff Member Admin

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    come on [MENTION=7031]fired[/MENTION] your going off topic, can we get back to very important and incredibly sensitive political sporting issue.

Muppet :D

14. Jack Tatty

Jack Tatty Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Whats this got to do with a tourof Bangladesh?