Are folk for real?

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by troff, Jan 14, 2017.

1. troff

troff Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Haven't been on here for a few hours, had a bite with the mrs and kids, and Christ almighty we lose one game and the season is over? Really? They were bloody good today, Fulham; if they perform like that consistently they'll storm into the playoffs at the very least.

OK, I've been vocal about winnall, I still don't agree with that transfer or believe it benefits us in any way. Or that it even fits the 'strategy'.

But that's done, and moving into today's game, with or without Sam winnall, I feared for us, they were pretty good at oakwell. And were even better today. Fair play to them. Better on the day. Move on to Blackpool then Leeds at home. Rotherham coming up soon too. New signings I would imagine. Plenty to look forward to.

Then I come on here - and our season is over. Yes I had a whinge about winnall, I still think it was nonsense to let him go there, but season over? Really? Folk never going to a game again?

The Linton brown thing is a bit bizarre, I've said all I think about winnall, but that's not going to stop my support or the feeling that we've at least got half a sniff.

If we sell everyone else, then maybe we can worry, but for now, we're still doing fine. Wake up you mardy lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. exiled

exiled Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley
    Best team we've played home and away all season inc Newcastle and Brighton, not their fault the ref helped them and if theres any justice they'll be in the top 6 at Wendies expense.

3. pin

pingiskola Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Thank goodness. Two more guys with some sense on here, it's nice to know others think the same as I do. ...

4. Farnham_Red

Farnham_Red Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley
    Just this ^^

5. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

Agreed. Yeah we had a bit of a go in the first half, but we could have already been a couple of goals down by then.

Second half they stepped up a gear and we weren't in it.

I wouldn't read anything into today's result. I'd prefer to judge us on the unbeaten run we've been on.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

6. Acido Tyke

Acido Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I havent read that much today because of the result, so Im guessing here... but are our fans really being that negative ?

7. Cap

Capital Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    One fan posted earlier, he'd thrown in the towel as regards the play-offs, a view which I definitely do NOT share.

8. SirPsychoSexy

SirPsychoSexy Banned Idiot

Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    It's possible, mathematically anyway, but I'm a realist and I just don't think we have the squad depth to mount a play off charge this second half of the season.

I hope I'm wrong, it makes it all the more sweeter when I am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Acido Tyke

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Its not about throwing the towel in really Capital, its more about 'realism' and accepting what we've got and where we are.
    I dont think we were ever on for the play offs this season, despite being a few places and a few points away from them recently. This season for me was all about consolidation (if there is such a thing when you have just won promotion!), and seeing how far up this league we can finish.
    Whats impressed me most though this season is not just scraping wins to survive, we've competed and outplayed teams and have deserved our place in the league table. Heres 3 thumbs up to Hecky :rolleyes:

10. Cap

Capital Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Whilst I acknowledge that a top half finish is more likely than a top six, I still believe you have to aim high and try to achieve the play-offs, and not be content accepting at this early stage that they are out of our reach.

11. Acido Tyke

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Well this time last year Capital (mid to late January), I still thought all fans who thought we were going to make the play offs were deluded. And look at what happened eh, so I cant take anything for granted.
    Id like to think we can stay up here for a few seasons at least, and as you say not just 'accept' it but hopefully keep competing more and making a name for ourselves.

12. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

It's brilliant that were even talking about "can we? Can't we?" In relation to the top 6.

It certainly wasn't a topic for conversation at the beginning of the season.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

13. Brush

Brush Well-Known Member

Ex-IT professional
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Fulham are the best team I've seen this season

I can't get to mid-week games so I didn't see Newcastle or Villa. We played well yesterday and defended magnificently in the face of some of the best football in the Championship. We were also playing against 12 men.

I don't think we missed Winnall yesterday and if we can find a decent lad to partner Bradshaw, we'll be ok. I thought Armstrong looked sharp when he came on and Williams had a very good game. Talking to a Fulham fan at Putney Bridge tube station, he thought Williams was our best player. I wouldn't go that far but he was excellent. Conor was his usual self and should have scored late on. Hammill looked back to near his best and Kent was on his game as well.

The BBC match statistics are a little misleading but make no mistake, it would have taken an immense performance to stop Fulham (and the ref) yesterday, we fell just short of that, if only Hammill's effort had dropped below the bar and Bradshaw had put his header inside the post....