Just received this from my Southend supporting friend. He can't say I didn't warn him

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Merde Tete, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Merde Tete

Merde Tete Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    "Your comments from pre-season about Nile Ranger seem to be prophetic, John. He started off well with Southend and contributed well to our 13-match unbeaten run but it looks like his wheels have come off again. Firstly, he has pleaded guilty in court to fraud involving telephone scamming, likely to result in a custodial sentence. Then, last week, he was suspended by the FA, probably for a failed drugs test or for illegal gambling on football - no details as yet. It sounds as if the club is preparing to cancel the 3-and-a-half-year contract they had given him just before Christmas."

2. KFC

KFC Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Re: Just received this from my Southend supporting friend. He can't say I didn't warn

Crikey, of all the people you wouldn't offer a 3 and a half year contract to. What were they thinking?!

3. Con

Conan Troutman Well-Known Member

Professional Football Fan
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Re: Just received this from my Southend supporting friend. He can't say I didn't warn

Can't believe people keep taking a chance on him.

4. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Well-Known Member

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

No sympathy whatsoever for clubs that keep giving him another chance. One sliver lining is that hopefully they'll be able to cancel his contract on the grounds of gross misconduct and he won't get a pay off.

5. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

It's only like us warning Bristol fans about Johnson. They thought it was sour grapes, and didn't believe most of us were actually glad to see the back of him.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

6. DSLRed

DSLRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

most of their fans on the OTIB site still think that to this day, even though everything they were told has turned out to be true.

7. fit

I think they just don't like to admit we were right. If you read their facebook page the majority want him gone.

I still keep hearing pundits say "he's a bright young manager". Am I missing something here? Do results and performances only matter to fans?

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

8. fit