For a West Yorkshire Reds fans was brilliant

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Hemsworth Tyke, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Hem

Hemsworth Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Not going to write about everything so if I miss something then so be it.

Really good last night wasn't it. A little bit of down and worry before the game but once the game started we were good. I thought in the first half there was little between the two teams. Seeing the goal back i'd dissapointed that Wood's got the chance to run at the ball and Macdonald needs to look at that type of thing and improve.

Second half I really thought we started to control things better and do more of the things we are good at. Marley was getting into things more and he really caused them a lot of problems. I was really pleased how we dealt with there attack and they got little joy for most of the half.

A few comments on the half.

A lot of moaning on here and other platforms about the sale of Winnall. It's okay we've got someone else to score the tap ins and headers from 8 yard. But this guy will run the channels and try and hold the ball up. Simple really. Good deal for the club to get rid of la sulk's cheap copy and the 1% of the talent. Keep it going Bradshaw.

AA, getting into it more again. He makes defenders **** themselves when he gets close. They don't know what to do. Against most attackers easy balls to the defenders aren't that and AA just gets there first. We aren't playing to him yet. We had a few chances to slip him in and didn't. Did Hourihanes free kick come from Scowen been fouled? that was a chance to put AA in.

Full backs. I thought we were good at full back yesterday. The new lad did well against a tough team that have a lot of big talent out wide. I was really impressed with how he got round on the overlap and tried to other that to the team. Doesn't matter that he's natually right footed he can use his left and he will.

Hourihane. Whatever he does this week okay. Well done Conor and good luck. I'd love for you to stay but if you don't good luck..
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Area's to improve

At half time yesterday I turned around and had a chance to the person that sits near me and my first thought was we could exploit them more. There left centre back and left back was to be got at with balls in the air and strength. We just don't have that yet but hopefully we'll have that soon.

2. Barnsley Chopin

Barnsley Chopin Well-Known Member

Egghead
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    So Winnall was **** then eh?
    Plus ca change......

3. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Well put HT thanks for the post.

I think Armstrong has a lot of talent I'm less convinced that he is a good fit for the way we play. Bradshaw was fantastic. I don't necessarily agree with you on Winnall but as you say we have replacements available.

I'm hoping the goal puts a spring in Kent's step. He seemed to grow in confidence afterwards and we could do with Him firing on all cylinders against Rotherham.

4. Jack Tatty (Formerly LouisBalfour)

Jack Tatty (Formerly LouisBalfour) Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You thought about exploiting the bloke sat near you?

And did you?

5. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    imo Kent needs to start believing in his own ability because when he does things in instinct rather than having to think about it for a period of time he struggles. I thought the goal yesterday was what he's about top ability and capable off both foot. That's why he will get in over Hammill every time for me. Hammill's very predicatbale at times.

onto Rotherham next week, we got again. I think my ticket arrived on Friday so that's all good.

6. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yes I've got mine I'm looking forward to it.

Kent has a lot of ability it's why he frustrates me so much with his performances which rarely reflect it. As you say maybe he overthinks at times and needs to be more 'natural'. But definitely hoping for a confidence boost. In terms of him as a player he's a long way off getting anywhere near to the Liverpool side so he should try and take this opportunity to get clubs looking at him to move on jus career.

7. Sta

Stahlrost Well-Known Member

None
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    A decent summary of a magnificent evening. The new lad looked good, especially playing on the wrong side. What a night!

8. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm not sure where he fits in at Liverpool.

I look at him every time he plays Jimmy and think he's an attacking midfielder. I just do. It's something I've said a lot on here but with that two-footed approach few skills and a natural ability to go past players. Good shot off both feet.

9. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Armstrong's best game for us ever because he added graft to his game yesterday, especially second half

Long may it continue

10. Jack Tatty (Formerly LouisBalfour)

Jack Tatty (Formerly LouisBalfour) Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Regarding their first goal.

A defender on the post and it's cleared.

11. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Armstrong's best game for us ever because he added graft to his game yesterday, especially second half

Long may it continue

12. Farnham_Red

Farnham_Red Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley
    Agreed but at least we learnt though and Jones was there to clear a second one on the line

13. Tow

Towouk New Member

His best position is inside left or inside right. The fact we have CH means he can't play there, so he is pushed out to the wing. Naturally, with tricky feet and pace, he can do good stuff out there if he picks the right route every time....but he's young, still relatively inexperienced and playing out of position. I agree entirely that he often has too much time to think about things when he receives the ball on the touchline but the notion that he doesn,t believe in himself is completely wrong. He believes in himself that much, he thinks he can run rings round anyone in front of him and that's where he comes unstuck. He really needs to pick his fights instead of thinking he can win them all..

By playing him 'inside' he will naturally have less time to think (as someone has already pointed out, yesterdays goal was completely instinctive) and IF Conor goes he simply must be played in that position.

14. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm not sure what you mean here.
    I think that he can play with conor in a central position. Hourihane can get very deep at time and then the space between he and the strikers becomes vast.

15. andytyke

andytyke Administrator Staff Member Admin

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If scowen doesn't give the ball away in midfield it doesn't happen.

I like scowen he gets stuck in and some of them driving runs are great but all too often lately he's getting caught with the ball in his own half or giving it away with a sloppy pass. Kent did the same for their second goal and Conor Had a right go st him for it.

16. ryhilltyke

ryhilltyke Well-Known Member

Construction Worker
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    They should have equalised in the last minute, because Bree was ball watching. Completely let his man go. That said he was decent yesterday.

17. ATY

ATYKE1 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The thing that got me about their first goal was that no-one got a head on the ball before it landed in the six yard box. The replay shows that Conor and I think Marley get under the ball and should have cut it out.
    As for Scowan he does at times get caught in possession overplaying but if he was perfect he'd be going for the kind of money I or will attract. He'll do for me and I'm hoping we nail him down to a new contract.

18. Exi

Exile Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Kent played Josh right into trouble for their first!

19. ryhilltyke

ryhilltyke Well-Known Member

Construction Worker
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Wrong the first was all Scowen's doing. Ran into a blind alley and gave it away.
    That second half performance from him was as good as I've seen from a midfielder. Outstanding.

20. Acido Tyke

Acido Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Ohh yes for any of us real West Yorkshire based fans (not the plastic ones though lol), it always means a lot to me when we beat the likes of Leeds.
    I cant dislike the Fowls like most of you all do though, its all about where we are from and brought up isnt it. However (and going against what I just said), I cant stand the Blunts either!