Mike Dean - maybe controversial.....

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Googs, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Sorry but you can't say somebody had a good game when they give a penalty for an incident several yards outside the box.

There was absolutely no consistency with the cards at all so that's a big minus too

2. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It wasn't even handball. In the rules of the game if a ball hits a hand that is already outstretched it isn't handball. It is only handball if a player DELIBERATELY moves his hand/arm to the ball which he clearly didn't. Oh and the rule also states that deliberately handling the ball is a yellow card. How can you deliberately handle the ball without deliberately handling the ball?

The linesman didn't give the penalty, the ref did, the linesman signalled after the referee

3. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Well-Known Member

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He got the biggest decision completely wrong. The other penalty decision against Armstrong was a concern too because I'm am certain he'd have given that against us. We always get soft decisions against us but we need a player to be hit with a baseball bat to get a penalty.

I've seen worse this season but Dean was no better than bang average IMO.

4. icer

icer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Handball Incident in Leeds favour when clearly even the free kick was questionable let alone the Pen. Ref was in a poor position and linesman offered no flag so was he guessing?

Hourihane Yellow when Leeds did exactly the same and stopped a counter down their left no Yellow just a foul

Armstrong booked for kicking ball away. Yet when they were 1-0 up they threw the ball away and then a second time did the same from same incident wasting time

Scowan booked for talking to ref at the Pen. Bridcutt not even spoke to when he slammed the ball and shouted at the ref

Trip on Kent blatantly infront of him, waves play on.

All i expect is consistency and didn't see much of it

5. tyr

tyrone1 Banned Idiot

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Booked Hourihane for winning the ball
    Refused to book Leeds players one in particular where the leeds player deliberately tried to injury Bradshaw. Had an absolute shocking game

6. tosh

tosh Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    He wasbollocking Kent for him cocking up and Conor having to take one for the team.

7. AthersleyRed

AthersleyRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Bartley their CB. He should've been walking on a tightrope all match the amount of clear fouling he did

8. Red

RedAllOver Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Certainly wasn't the worst ref we've had all season but the penalty overshadow it all. And there was a 5 minute spell when Leeds should have had 4 bookings for similar fouls to the one Hourihane was rightly booked for

9. Ayl

Aylott Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Very mixed performance, therefore not very good. Obviously not a penalty and dishing out 7 yellow cards in a game that warranted no more than 2 or 3 doesn't indicate a good performance. On the plus side generally tried to keep the game moving and didn't get too many decisions wrong that I remember. I thought Roger East had a tremendous game on Tuesday against Blackpool - easily the best I have seen this season.

10. Goo

Googs Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I said with the exception of the ridiculous penalty decision. Did you decide to ignore that comment?