Villa Owner

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by occook, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Loa

Load Bearing Pillar Well-Known Member

The West Stand, second along from the Ponty end
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yep, I'd rather we kept Bree and Hourihane than got the cash but we are where we are

We appear to have given up on this season though, bringing in anyone decent in January is very difficult, with the exception of clubs buying off us it would seem. Doesn't help that we appear to have virtually no-one working behind the scenes.

2. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If it makes you feel any better, Sam Morsy's transfer was 99.99% done.

3. Marc

Marc Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    great use of the words 'appear' and 'virtually' there..

4. Loa

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Not really but thanks for trying.

5. Loa

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
  6. occ

occook Banned Idiot

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Huh? I don't remember our owner or anyone from club tweeting that.

Seems like villas owner tweets 95% before he announces it. Did same with Lansbury.

Clinging to any hope that Conor stays though! Just wish some of the big boys came in with a loan back option!

7. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Be even worse at the end of the season when the likes of Watkins and Scowen leave on free transfers. If we get decent enough bids for them this month we might as well get shut because losing them for nothing in the summer would be worse.

8. occ

occook Banned Idiot

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Huh? I don't remember our owner or anyone from club tweeting that.

Seems like villas owner tweets 95% before he announces it. Did same with Lansbury.

Clinging to any hope that Conor stays though! Just wish some of the big boys came in with a loan back option!

9. SirPsychoSexy

SirPsychoSexy Banned Idiot

Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    Hourihane is priceless to us at this moment in time, much rather him stay than receive money for him, we are in a position we probably won't see ourselves in again for a long long time. Where's our ambition?
    It's alright getting the money, but we won't sign anybody to plug straight in and play.
    Feel disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. North Yorks Red

North Yorks Red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Why , if we do well for the rest of the season we surely have a good chance of retaining them or at least one, or are you suggesting we let them go and practically chalk fk it on the rest of the season playing with kids loanees or panic buys. Do that and you might as well add Hecky to the list because he would have every reason to go!

11. icer

icer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Not pointing at any posters in this thread but I find it ironic that some fans want the club to share transfer activity and complain when we don't say anything yet we complain when other clubs t=do it with our players.

Personally I think our keep things quiet approach is the best policy. Hopefully that's what we are doing right now on any potential incomers. As far as McCormack, he seems to be becoming damaged goods and not training enough at Villa makes me think he would be far far off a good fit here (pardon the pun)

12. Chi

Chief Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don't agree as we don't appear to be spending any of the cash. Time will tell of course and we might sign a few this window.

I just wish we would stop with the PL loans and either sign them, or sign some from lower leagues. This chap from Everton for example, out of contract so why not sign him, assuming he wants to come of course. If he is any good, daft spending clubs will just step in and pinch him. Maybe that's why he won't sign at this point, I dunno.

I know the club have pulled rabbits out of the hat time and time again, and I applaud their sIgning system, but it's so deathly quiet that it worries me and with Hecky's odds shortening at basket case Forest, it might not just be the players that leave us in the next 10 days.

Signing a couple would make me feel a bit happier.

13. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If our board sell another two then they aren't taking our play off chances seriously so we shouldn't either.

Why would Watkins and others like Scowen want to sign up longer? Put yourself in their position. They want to play at the highest level possible and the club they are currently at are looking like dismantling a team for another rebuild job that might not work as well. It will hardly get them in an hurry to sign a contract and when other clubs will offer more. We can't offer big salaries so one of our selling points which is team togetherness is breaking down.

There is no need to panic buy or rely on loans. We can go out and buy players this month just like other clubs are doing (like with our players). Just get the famous spreadsheet out.