Transfers and hecky

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by redrum, Jan 23, 2017.

1. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Bree and Connor look set for villa fee some report 8 million for both some 6 I get a feeling the undisclosed figure is coming again. I really hope we have a sell on clause for bree because I think he is going far. They both are but can see bree playing for England one day if he keeps injury free. We have recieved some decent transfer fees these past few windows. Mawson, stones, winnall now these 2 will take it to around 20million in the past 2 windows. I'm not saying we go out and blow it all but someone needs to sit down with hecky get some targets together and give him abit of brass to spend. Hecky knows the score that we cannot compete on wages with villa ect and money talks. But he for me is the best manager we have had in a long long time, he loves the club now it's time to back him in this window and next.

2. Bak

Baka Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I fear that if we don't give him a decent chunk of it, he'll leave - and I can't say I blame him.

If Hourihane and Bree go, he already has to find four players just to get us back to where we were prior to January. Even then, we were light at full-back (I'd like to have seen one come in even if Bree had stayed) and we could have done with another central midfielder anyway.

It wouldn't kill the club to give him all the money we get from Villa and let him replenish the squad.

3. twi

twillo Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Going to be very interesting how we replace Hourihane and Winnall over the next ten days.

4. Sta

Stahlrost Well-Known Member

None
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Hourihane I agree, he's just about irreplaceable, but we've already replaced Winnall.

5. twi

twillo Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don't think we have. I can see another one coming in.

We haven't got enough strikers at the moment. Armstrong, Bradshaw and Watkins are three great options but we could do with a fourth who Hecky trusts. Payne is injury prone and hasn't started a game (I don't think) and Hecky doesn't think Brown is capable of regularly playing. Can see somebody coming in, maybe a youngster from a Premier League club. Think the rumours regarding Bogle along the public asking price from Grimsby, has put us and other sides off.

Unless Hecky likes the look of the 4-4-1-1 we've played a few times with Williams playing off Bradshaw and counting him as the fourth option.

6. Wat

Watcher_Of_The_Skies Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We're going to end up paying more because we've a reputation for picking a player, teams know we have some brass and there's probably less available able to play at this level for bargain fees.

7. Dragon Tyke

Dragon Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I would be happy if took Ollie Watkins from Exeter

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=74516

ok so he's in L2 but he is of a good age to develop and certainly knows where the goal is.... and he has made a good many assists too.... I also do not think he would cost a fortune too.

8. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We have already replaced winnall in tom bradshaw who (and I'll get some stick here) is a better footballer than Winnall, conor is abit special and somewhat irreplaceable. And I agree if we don't back hecky he will leave I think and would you blame him must be so frustrating for him. Just hope we back him he definitely deserves it.

9. AthersleyRed

AthersleyRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Bradshaws got more bottle and workrate. Hes like Macken. Winnall was good at getting on the end of Hourihanes crosses and things but Ive every confidence in Bradshaw. Hope Hourihane stays but.. 28k.. Its a lot and I cant see him turning it down.

10. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We've not replaced Winnall as we've not signed anyone. We didn't replace someone still at the club with Bradshaw. We brought in Bradshaw to replace Fletcher.

11. Red

RedAllOver Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Even without Hourihane and Winnall this squad has got a lot of quality. Of course Hourihane is a massive player for us and will be missed, but now is the chance for others to step up. There are plenty of players whose potential we haven't scratched the surface of in our squad; now is their chance to step up. Whilst we've very rarely played without Conor over the last two and a half years, we did against Bristol City, who were doing well at that point, and we played extremely well; we're certainly not a one man team. We do need at least 3 players in this window, probably 4, and it may be a case of signing a few loanees until the end of the season to provide cover, but I don't see any reason why the 'spreadsheet' that originally found Hourihane will find the next Hourihane. It may be Stevie Mallan who we were linked with last week; don't know where that deal stands but he got 2 assist for St Mirren on Saturday against Dundee. I watched the highlights and he looked impressive

12. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think bradshaw was brought in to replace winnall as he made it aware he was running his contract down. We still need another striker though

13. Sta

Stahlrost Well-Known Member

None
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    When you put it like that I tend to agree, we don't have the quantity of strikers we need, but I do think that Bradshaw will score goals for us, assuming he stays injury free.

14. Hykehamtyke

Hykehamtyke Well-Known Member

HM Forces
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Where's this 28k a week figure come from? Paper talk for me, no definitive proof of this wage offer anywhere I can see. Just ***** to unsettle one of our best players/captain. The club should fook villa off just on the strength of silly rumours like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Stamfordtyke

Stamfordtyke Active Member

Full time Barnsley supporter
    Stamford, Lincs. Born n dragged up in Thurnscoe
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Just an opinion but i rate Bradshaw above Winnall too.

16. Red

Redwing Active Member

Self Employed
    Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    Hecky has said on more than one occasion that they have a few irons in the fire, one thing for sure, we will get to know when they happen and not before, like it should be

17. Marc

Marc Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    the only way we will replace winnall, is to replace his goals.

18. Stamfordtyke

Stamfordtyke Active Member

Full time Barnsley supporter
    Stamford, Lincs. Born n dragged up in Thurnscoe
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Well 3 on Saturday was a good start !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. Gordon Owen

Gordon Owen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    This seasons accounts will make interesting reading, record transfer fees, record gate receipts, most we've received for promotion...

20. upt

upthecolliers Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think you'll find that the 20 million you talk about will never get spent on new players. If Barnsley spend 2 million of that I'll be very surprised I'm holding my breth that Hecky stop's after the back bone of his team is sold he carn't be happy all this should have been sorted months ago.
    Never mind hindsight anyone with 1/2 a brain could see what was going to happen.