5 defensive players on our team,

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by madmark62, Feb 4, 2018.

1. madmark62

madmark62 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    plus a keeper , so why cant we defend ? The 2 defensive midfielders do not actually do much defensive work, yet again yesterday the ball came out of our box and neither of the 2 DM in our team could get even close to Scowan , her had so much time to get the ball and control it, then pick his spot to score, happens time after time, we fail to get close to the opposition and it costs us dear .
    Then when we have the ball those 2 just stroll back towards the half way line.
    We then dont have enough attacking flair in midfield to cause many problems .
    I fecking hate modern football, it is boring and **** ! No pace and little enjoyment, too much intent on trying to stop the opponents , instead of going out and making them worry about us.
    Yes I am an old grumpy fecker !!

Conan Troutman likes this.
  2. Red

Redsfan17 Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We were attacking well last season before we sold our players. No care for how many we conceded, always making sure we just tried to outscore the opposition. Why we now attack so slow and noone wants to attack ball in box is confusing.. no near post runners at all. Thats where all goals are but even in a 442 noone likes near post.

3. SirPsychoSexy

SirPsychoSexy Banned Idiot

Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    No balance, and the wrong system in place. Since when did we ever have any success sitting back and hoping to hit teams on the break? Its not our identity, we are "little old Barnsley" and we need to get up and at teams! Like we did last year and the year before, and the season Flicker kept us up.

4. leebrilleaux

leebrilleaux Well-Known Member

Student, yes a Student even at my age!
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    My (well I don't claim to be the first to use it - I can't remember who used it first) motto would be this:

When we attack we all attack. When we defend we all defend. Simple really

madmark62 and Sparkfield red like this.