A bit of goodness

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Duntpasstome, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Duntpasstome

Duntpasstome Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    My 10 year old and i have managed to get to every home game this season but not having a season pass we have bought each ticket at the box office, tonight's match we had to pay on the gate as I didn't get chance to call in to pre buy the tickets. I withdrew £50 and paid to park at the ground £4, programme £3, halftime draw £1 leaving £42 thinking that would easy be enough to get us in. Not so at the gate they wanted £25 for me and £18 for my 10 year old no concessions on the gate I was £1 short and the man on the gate turned us away and said I should have pre bought tickets. I think this stinks. A top bfc fan saw I was struggling and called me over said his mate had not come but he had got his season pass on him and I could pay for my young Un and go in for free on his spare ticket. The gentleman got me in and wouldn't accept a penny as it had not cost him owt. If you are on here thank you what a great bloke, there are some top people about in barnsley just not working on the gate, we would have missed the game and would have had to wait in the car as we were blocked in the car park until the game was over for a quid.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

JamDrop, Rosco, John Peachy and 5 others like this.
  2. SirPsychoSexy

SirPsychoSexy Banned Idiot

Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    £18 for concessions for what is basically a friendly. Deary me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kettlewell likes this.
  3. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    £18 for a 10 year old. **** me drunk.

Hang on though, someone will be along to put you straight soon for not buying in advance or not having a ticket. Or not knowing the prices.

4. Duntpasstome

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    They were willing to turn away a child and £42 for the sake of a quid for a Tuesday night game in a half empty stadium for a game with nothing riding on it. Before anyone does say it I know I should have checked the prices first.

Kettlewell likes this.
  5. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    £18 for a bairn is a ******* disgrace. And no, I don't care how cheap it might be beforehand.

Duntpasstome likes this.
  6. nezbfc

nezbfc Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Don't think anyone will argue with you. But you might get a tin hat out because someone will say something about not transferable or summat.

Good on the chap BTW for helping out

7. Met

Metatarsal Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Flag this up with the club directly mate. Under 12's should only be charged £7, irrespective of category, according to the clubs own info from pre-season.

[​IMG]

Kettlewell likes this.
  8. pon

pontyender Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    A bit different, but none of the staff would help when I didn't have a pound for the trolley at Aldi the other day. I always pay with the plastic and didn't actually have any money with me that day. When this has happened in the past, I've been lent a trolley token or someone has released a trolley for me. This lot couldn't be arsed though and they didn't even bat an eyelid when I said "Oh well, I'll go to Morrisons instead then".

9. Duntpasstome

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm even more pissed off now after reading that because I was made to feel embarrassed and uncomfortable over something that shouldn't have happened anyway if they had charged as their own guidelines. I hadn't checked but roughly I thought a Tuesday night against Cardiff not a cat a match then the max I could be asked to pay was £30 for myself and £12 for my lad.

10. Duntpasstome

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Tin hat ready but the gentleman who got me in was brilliant, he had no need to offer or help and wouldn't take any money. I would have thought though that it's the seat that is paid for not the person sat in it, the pass I got in with was not for OAP or U17. I am probably wrong but if I am then bfc again should look at their policies. I should be able to buy a season pass seat and if I can't make it for any reason then i should be able to let who I want sit there as long as it's a reds fan and that I'm responsible for that seat.

11. DusThaNoIII

DusThaNoIII Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yeah screw the guy on the gate earning minimum wage that will be b*llocked if his till comes up short! He's essentially the devil

I operate on a "pay what I want" policy and any til staff that won't accept £4 for my weekly shop I take a picture of and shame online

12. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I
    It is an even bigger disgrace considering how Patrick cryne has repeatedly stated that when he was growing up in a poor family Beng able to go to Barnsley matches was his escape and was so vital to his childhood and yet the club that he owns is now denying that very same thing to the current generation of youngsters by fleecing them on the gate.

Kettlewell likes this.
  13. troff

troff Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It was certainly not the turnstile operators fault - they can't be expected to accept less than what they're told to charge.

The prices listed above are right but they also said they don't sell u17 and u12 tickets on the gate, you have to go to the box office :

(From the website):

Notes on Match Ticket Prices.

Please note that reduced price, advance purchase tickets must be purchased before the day of the game. All tickets purchased on the day of the game will be priced at the matchday ticket prices. The ticket prices stated above are applicable for seats in all stands at Oakwell Stadium (North, East, South and West).

Tickets sold in the CK Beckett Family Area (F14, F15 & F16) are strictly for families only. Adults without Juveniles and unaccompanied Juveniles are not permitted into the Family Area. The Juvenile Under 12’s ticket price is applicable when purchased with an Adult or Senior Over 65’s ticket. Unaccompanied Juvenile Under 12’s will be charged the Juvenile Under 17 price. On the day of the game, Juvenile Under 17 and Juvenile Under 12 tickets are not available on the turnstiles and must be purchased online or from the BFC Box Office.

Read more at http://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/tickets/ticket-prices/index.aspx#CB3VObDF6A5y5Gfp.99

Why they won't sell kids tickets on the gate is beyond me though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Metatarsal likes this.
  14. Met

Metatarsal Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Didn't realise the u17 or u12 tickets had to be bought from the box office.

DusThaNoIII likes this.
  15. DusThaNoIII

DusThaNoIII Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's thanks to cryne they have a team to watch. Are free season tickets not enough

Metatarsal likes this.
  16. pompey_red

pompey_red Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    They won't sell kids tickets on the gate so we can rip away fans off is my interpretation of it. The club don't help them selves sometimes but we can't have a go at the gateman here, he's been told what to charge and even for £1 he can't let folk in

Not like the old days where my dad used to lift me over the turnstile and tell the gate man to sod off!

17. John Peachy

John Peachy Well-Known Member

The littlest hobo
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    My brother has had same issue, bringing his 11 year old son. Once you know you can get a printed ticket before you set off
    at home, but it's bad PR. Hope the club changes this next season.

18. Brush

Brush Well-Known Member

Ex-IT professional
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Appalling treatment mate. I would definitely complain to the club.

This seems to suggest that Juvenile and under 12 tickets are not available on the turnstile which I think is plain wrong. Back in the pre-internet days, such concessions were always available on the turnstiles so there's no reason they can't do it. The current policy really penalises anyone who isn't a regular but decides to go to the match on impulse. An impulse which they will ignore next time.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
  19. pon

pontyender Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's similar to my Aldi example. You can be a bit more helpful than just turning the guy away. Suggest he goes to the box office or reception for example. It's no wonder people get confused with the prices. Five different categories with 'pre-match day' and 'match day' for each.

20. pompey_red

pompey_red Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    The OP knows tickets are available at the box office though. Right up until kick off too I believe so there is a chance for every Barnsley fan to get a Cheaper ticket. Away fans won't know this so will pay whatever that weeks prices are.