A blessing in disguise?

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by big-red-1032, Jan 17, 2017.

1. big

big-red-1032 New Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Poor result but I'm not disappointed like I normally would be. I honestly believe that this team can achieve something this season and the distraction of a cup run could hinder our league form. I know people will say a run in the FA Cup will bring in revenue etc but I see it as a distraction we could do without

2. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

I just wanted to take a win into the Leeds game.

It's been an awful week all considered and tonight could have lifted the mood.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

3. Jam

Jamo Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Not for me it's not.

I'm down in London when we play Rotherham on the 28th. Would have felt a whole lot better if I'd known I wasn't missing anything i.e. Blackburn away. But no, our FULL STRENGTH side couldn't possibly beat Blackpool in nearly 200 minutes of football could they. Oh no.

And that's even aside from the embarrassment of the result. Same against Northampton, same against Altrincham. If we draw a lower league side in the cup next season we may as well give them a bye to the next round.

Oh, and the fact we're going into a Yorkshire derby having capitulated against a League 2 side.

4. Acido Tyke

Acido Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    NO its not a blessing in disguise, well not for me anyway.
    Its yet another really disappointing Fa cup loss to a lower league team. And who knows what this will do to our confidence for the rest of the season.