A few unrelated questions about Glastonbury

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by SuperTyke, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    When you are watching one band can you hear another tent at the same time?

How many people there are on drugs of some kind?

Where do the bands and singers stay?

I've seen they have free phone charging. How does that work in the middle of a field?

How noisy is it in the middle of the night when you are trying to sleep?

I did say they were unrelated

2. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yes.

Lots but lots of families too. Taken my kids last 2 times I've been and they loved it.

Posh bit or hotels depends how famous/ pretentious they are.

Dunno. Always left my phone at home.

I've always slept fine but a day drinking usually does that.

From Technically Ron on Twitter

'Recreate the Glastonbury experience sit in a field drinking from 8am surrounded by Guardian readers simultaneously listening to 6music and Radio1'

Sent from my iPad using Barnsley FC BBS Fans Forum

SuperTyke likes this.
  3. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Gally likes this.
  4. Donny Red

Donny Red Well-Known Member

Retired.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Read yesterday that a legal high inhaled using inflated balloons are popular with festival goers .
    As well as booze no doubt there will be some "funny" cigs being passed around.

I used to camp at the Peterborough Festival of Country Music in the mid 80's and that was
    no different. A large gathering of friendly civilised people of all ages who just loved their music.

Pot, amphets and other substances were readily available. The local brew was Ruddles Real Ale and
    I got by on that. Mind you me ar*e was like the Japanese flag for a week after I got back.

Like Glastonbury worse bit was queueing for the toilets and showers. The bogs were disgraceful.
    I don't know about Liver Salts looked as though somebody had been doing somersaults they
    were that bad. Great memories and great music though.

5. LDR

LDRed Well-Known Member

Groundhopper
    Style:
    Barnsley
    Nothing could sound closer to hell apart from maybe being at a L**ds match, than being at a festival.

Xerxes and Donny Red like this.
  6. DSLRed

DSLRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I might have been old before my time but I have always felt that I would rather **** myself and sit in it than go to a festival. Still, takes all sorts. My sister is there, oldest rocker in town. We are so different its hard to believe sometimes we have the same parents.

7. Gally

Gally Administrator Staff Member Admin

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley
    They have chill and charge tents (ee ones the last few times ive been) where you can go and lounge while your phone charges. 2 years ago you could buy an ee usb battery and use that to charge your phone and go swap it for a charged one. (You could use it yourself after but they ended up recalling them as they were exploding)

They keep all the late night stuff in the south east corner (arcadia, shangrila, block 9, the unfair ground etc) so its not actually too bad in the camping areas. Its also pretty amazing what they create. Google a few of those names for photos. Its incredible

There are some tipis and camping areas in the back stage hospitality area that some of the acts use. (Had a hospitality pass a few times so saw the likes of Lilly Allen going to and from their tipis). There are also hospitality camping companies in farms near the main gates that offer various levels of additional comfort. Ive stayed at one called winding lake farm and various celebs and music industry types stayed in caravans and large america winibagos (we camped). Got a minibus back with James Corden one night. Rooney, John Bishop and Toby Maguire are a few of the celebs I remember.

Some acts disappear on their tour buses straight after and I guess some have hotels booked

There are people using drugs but probably good proportion dont

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  8. Men

Menai Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If you are going to do one Festival in your life. **** off somewhere else. Glasto is the one.

Sent from my iPhone using Barnsley FC BBS Fans Forum

9. Gally

Gally Administrator Staff Member Admin

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley
    So true. Been to a few and not seen anything like it

10. Archey

Archey Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    When you are watching one band can you hear another tent at the same time?

Glastonbury is the first music festival to have a magic portal allowing you to be at more than one stage at a time. Festival goers often complained that their favourite bands are often playing at the same time on different stages. This is solved by a soul splitting vortex which allows you to be in upto 4 different places at once.

How many people there are on drugs of some kind?

Define “drugs“? Last year 11,238 people were seen on TV taking some sort of Class A or B drug. However it is thought that almost 45,000 festival revellers claim to be "high on life".

Where do the bands and singers stay?

Trick question. They are all melted down and packaged in one of those vacuum bags, loaded onto a massive lorry and sent of to the next festival. It is thought that the average band plays 317 festivals each summer. Dave Grohl of the Foo Fighters said "it's the easiest way to get around. When you're melted down, your brain stops working so you don't need to eat or sleep. When you come back around again, you're in another field I'm another part of the UK. You feel refreshed and yet, it's only 90 minutes ago that you walked out on a stage in a field elsewhere.

I've seen they have free phone charging. How does that work in the middle of a field?

This is all a lie. Music festivals are the biggest killer for mobile phones. Why? Basically when you plug your phone into one of these charging stations, the government steals everything from your phone, and replaces it with a screenshot of your home screen but with a full charge. Because most festival goers are "high on life" you don't realise until you're back home, being Neil from accounts, that your phone has been knackered by the festival season. You put it down to the mud. But really it's the government.

How noisy is it in the middle of the night when you are trying to sleep?

Everyone is simultaneously knocked out at 11:15pm by a crop sprayer flying over the fields dispensing a strong knockout gas, like the one in Goldfinger except from the fact that James Bond hasn't got to the aeroplane first and changed the gas for water. So everyone is asleep until exactly 8:21am the following morning.

I did say they were unrelated... Liar, they're all questions about body manipulation.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

11. pompey_red

pompey_red Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Give boomtown fair a go mate. Got a reputation of something of a right good weekend similar to the Arcadia aspect of Glastonbury