A joy to watch at times with the ball.....

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Merde Tete, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Merde Tete

Merde Tete Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    ....yet absolutely naive at times without it. I guess that's only to be expected considering where the players have come from. That nous from playing regularly at this level will come, I just hope it doesn't cost us so many points as to inflict serious damage. Trying to play our way out of trouble as if we're Spain 2010-12 looks pretty impressive, though is a bit vomit-inducing when you're only 2-1 up with ten minutes left.

Overall a lot of positives to take from that, but still a massive amount of work to be done. How good we look going forward when the squad barely know each other is extremely exciting, and I'm looking forward to seeing the team develop. But keep giving the opposition as many chances as we are doing, and if we catch somebody like Middlesbrough on form we could be on the wrong end of 7 or 8.

RichieD, MonkeyRed, shed131 and 4 others like this.
  2. Wat

WatfordRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Couldn't agree more!

3. shed131

shed131 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    To be honest i for one thought that forest would be that team to find us out and be in a situation whereby they could have declared at half time...so from me its an apology to all concerned ...how wrong could i have been.. that said i do agree that at times the Naivety appears like an open wallet inviting anyone to pick it, thus i firmly believe we need an old pro in there marshaling the defence at all times ....As cloughie and shankly advocated create an old spine and fill the rest with the young uns who then will run all day ...they might have just been onto something ...