A Negati

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Conan Troutman, Apr 7, 2017.

1. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone classes us same as Burton. I don't know why you would say Wigan, as they're a club so ambitious that they've spent way beyond their means to be in a false position. Why would anyone put us in that bracket?

2. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I wasn't giving you permission as it's a free and open forum and you don't need it.

SirPsychoSexy likes this.
  3. SirPsychoSexy

SirPsychoSexy Banned Idiot

Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

occook likes this.
  4. YTB

YTBFC Guest

I was in conversation with Orsenkaht. And Jimmy Cricket. I didn't realise I was wasting my time conversing with them. I didn't realise I had to speak only to you.

As it is, I saw no need to respond to your OP. For you to try and paint yourself as anything but negative amuses me. I don't have an issue with that or you as a poster or supporter. Whatever floats your boat. No opinion is any more or less valid than the next and I suppprt your right to air one on here. Even if repetitive. I know you attend many games which adds weight to said opinion.

But you don't appear to be after a debate. You appear to want conflict. Why? Do we not all want the same things?

5. Redstar

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We dream the same dreams we want the same things, woah

skellatyke and YTBFC like this.
  6. Dan

DannyWilsonLovechild Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Personally, I don't see anything as positive or negative. I simply judge things on their merit at any given time, and that's through my personal prism of values, personality and character. And my views can change over time.

Positive, negative, realistic, unrealistic are all ends of finite spectrums. Everyone doesn't have to agree, everyone doesn't have to disagree. And we absolutely don't need to ridicule anyone who falls into any bracket.

Could we have had better transfer windows, yes. Is it understandable that it panned out the way it did, yes.

We've had multiple points of adversity this season, let alone competing at a level where we cant compete financially.

We lost our CEO and key negotiator and communicator before the season got going, our owner and benefactors sad health news, removing/ losing the replacement CEO ahead/during a transfer window, huge interest in many players that were or could've been unsettled by speculation and ultimately some leaving, but not all.

Inspite of all of that, we've been a credit to ourselves. Giving it everything, trying hard, and bloodying noses. Could we have made the playoffs? Maybe. Though seeing the quality of some teams, I always though it was very slim. Nothing negative about that, Fulham are a prime example, we got absolutely outclassed twice, and aside from the diving, they were a pleasure to watch.

My only hopes are that people, organisations, groups, learn. There were things we could do better, and perhaps we would have if promotion hadn't been so unexpected, the change of manager, the departure of two CEO's and the health of the owner hadn't all intervened.

The big test will be to see what happens when we have a CEO in place which seems close. Contracts and recruitment are going to be vital this summer. I just hope that as fans, we can continue to support the team, the club and galvanise behind it.

Mistakes are natural. Giving in, isn't.

7. occ

occook Banned Idiot

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Chuckling at that. Sorry is the fact I've said something more than once a bit boring. Slightly ironic. Must be something in the genes.

8. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We are in the same league as both on merit as we are with Newcastle and Norwich and Rotherham. It's the worst kind of Sky TV thinking to think that any of those teams are somehow inferior or superior. We slag others for calling us #thelikesofbarnsley then treat ourselves the same way.

Conan Troutman likes this.
  9. pon

pontyender Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I can appreciate both viewpoints Vince, I just don't like the labels. I also don't like people being told what they can post.

10. YTB

YTBFC Guest

I pictured you actually singing that. Not a good look.

11. orsenkaht

orsenkaht Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

I don't do away, but I concede that even listening on Radio DeeDah the Villa game was entertaining. I imagine it must have been massively so if you were actually there. I think we were very much second best against Brighton and Huddersfield although it was highly creditable to snatch a draw in that one. But in truth, in most of the subsequent games we have really struggled to score. When you're considering our creativity before the departure of Hourihane I can't see how it can be regarded as anything other than less entertaining since he left. But true, we have done well all told this season and would I have taken it? You bet. But I just wonder whether we can take things on and keep some of our better recruits a bit longer. Like you, I don't know what the plan to achieve that will be. Here's hoping.

12. fit

Works both ways mate, but it's no coincidence that so many posts are started by the same people saying the same things, and not many are about the actual football, which is why we're all here.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

13. fit

Of course we're here on merit. No one has said otherwise have they?

It's not about being superior or inferior, although in terms of support and financial backing were at an unfair advantage to most in this league.

It's not some level playing field where if you think positively the sky's the limit.

It's just not that simple.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

14. Redstar

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You then started singing "when I think about you, I touch myself, woah"

All lyrics must end with "woah"

15. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    As I said I'm not in either camp. But there is something that doesn't sit right with me with all this Keith Hill style dragging us down agreeing with the #likesofBarnsley ********. We didn't spend thee 80s and 90s feeling sorry for ourselves and believing we couldn't compete. Bobby Collins was sacked after finishing 11th once.

Huddersfield are pretty much on a par with us. Bournemouth and Burnley much of a muchness. Watford we came up through the divisions with us. Leicester won the League against the odds. Giving up shouldn't be an option. Dreams are what fans exist on.

SirPsychoSexy likes this.
  16. SirPsychoSexy

Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    No, just wondering why you're hanging onto something I posted over a year ago? I barely post on here these days anyway.

17. occ

occook Banned Idiot

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Haha- again. Do you not see the irony in the fact your asking why I'm "hanging onto" something when I've posted it 2 or 3 times. look over how many times you've said the same thing.

your dad still not buying a season ticket next year? I mean why would he when we're such an awful team!!

18. SirPsychoSexy

Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    Can I just ask, if I was repetitively positive, would it be a problem? Just because i see things negatively behind the scenes at the club, it seems I can't have an opinion. If my opinion was positive however, I bet I wouldn't get as much stick, no matter how many times I repeat myself. Not that I do anyway.

Nothing to do with the team, the people behind the scenes. The lack of ambition, etc but you seem to already know that.

19. Red

Red West Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Made me laugh.

20. YTB

YTBFC Guest

Woah, we're halfway there, woah, livin on a prayer.