Accrington as an away day

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Revvie P, Nov 17, 2018.

1. 55&counting

55&counting Well-Known Member

Avid Vic & Bob fan.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Thank YOU my friend. You are a credit to your town and your great club. Long may you prosper in this world of obscene football greed and its pampered top flight "professionals". As me and my mates said many times yesterday.....it was a real pleasure to be there, enjoying a proper football experience......all thanks to you guys.
    Bang on to the returning visiting fan who took June a box of chocolates. If we are there again in the championship with you next season, I suspect she might get more!!! Good luck for the rest of the season.

Shy Talk and Kettlewell like this.
  2. jagzz88

jagzz88 Well-Known Member

Construction
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Absolutely it was a ridiculous challenge for someone already on a yellow jumping in on the wrong side of the ball. To be honest I don’t blame their players for what they did I’d expect ours to do the same given the circumstances.

Kettlewell likes this.
  3. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

Brilliant, as expected. Accrington fan who I'd met on my last visit invited us for a few pints in their supporters club, but given the numbers we couldn't get in so he took us to the Crown pub instead.

It was heaving in there. Reds and Accrington fans mixing and getting on really well. Plastic pots, but that's splitting hairs!

Parked on a street across from the ground, and got away really easily to take my lad back to Preston.

Great place to go. Lovely friendly northern town surrounded by beautiful scenery. If Carlsberg did away matches eh?

anstonred, Kettlewell and Snaptin like this.