Alfie Mawson

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by matthewWAB, Dec 6, 2015.

1. mat

matthewWAB New Member

Gets more unconvincing by the week. Need to replace him if we are to get out of trouble in second half of season in my view...

2. Whi

Whitey Guest

Did you see him out on the touchline late on? Didn't need to go across and get involved. Should have left it to the full back and Marley. But he came over, tried some kind of 'skill' and away came Wildschut and but for Wigan's shitness they'd have got a winner.

Our centre halves and keeper literally had three or four incidents to deal with, and failed. The two goals (both were badly defended and came out of nothing), Davies dropping one which somehow didn't result in a goal after a scramble, and that silliness late on from Alfie. He's captain n all. It's mental.

That's the sad thing with this side. Make no mistake (those who didn't attend) we were far and away better than Wigan. In all departments from 1 to 11, seriously. But somehow we conceded twice. I'd have been less complimentary had that been a 2-2 league draw.

3. mat

matthewWAB New Member

He's poor pal, I'm convinced of it. Desperately need two new full-backs, a new centre half and a decent 'keeper.

We look far more dangerous with Hammill and Toney but seriously vulnerable at the back still.

Wigan were pathetic, absolutely dreadful.

4. Dr Zazlos

Dr Zazlos Banned Idiot

L&T Transport LGV/PCV Instructor
    Its that Callum Harriot who i'm worried about with our defence at Colchester.

They will have to be on top form to contain him

5. CrossTyke

CrossTyke Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Johnson should pick Roberts ahead of Mawson

6. Whi

Whitey Guest

I like Wabara. He's nothing more than standard L1 quality, but he's ok. Played ok yesterday. But he's no better than Bree who's a few years younger and our supposed 'next big thing'. I don't though see that as an area to improve upon. I'd retain Reece until the summer if possible. Unless we've another good right back in the academy who can be Bree's understudy, thus saving on Wabara's wage, which I bet isn't low.

White I've only seen twice and last week he looked dreadful, like a 100% worse than Smith. Yesterday he didn't look as good a defender as Smith, but offered a lot more going forward and impressed me. He and Hammill worked well in tandem. I'm undecided, naturally. Only seen him twice.

Agree wholeheartedly on a new centre half. Sadly though, I think Mawson must start. Because he's been worse than the other two over the season for me yet starts regardless. Summat not quite right there. Armband n all. Weird.

I honestly rate Davies and think a better centre half, a leader of men if you like would see him doing better. There's a clear lack of communication at the back. And, he's only 24 or summat and still a novice. Baffled that we signed another novice as his competition, rather than an experienced keeper.

Hammill should not be in League One. We all know why he is. And I have a rough idea how much he was earning at Huddersfield so believe me, he's had to make some ******* cutbacks unless we're miraculously matching it. He's 27, still got a chance of doing summat, and earning good coin. No loyalty in football. If he gets better offers and stays here despite that, he's mental and a legend. Watching him is a massive reason I've regained some enthusiasm for this horror show of a season. He's like an effective, consistent Paddy McCourt, but not quite as mind blowing.

Toney I've not been impressed with. Until he scored yesterday. Then he looked taller, faster and more alive as a threat. Do not be surprised if he scores a shed load now. Summat clicked when that header went in. I think.

And yep. Wigan were ****. Astounding how that club had the decade in the sun they had. Tinpot fanbase. The whole club stunk of plastic. I hate the modern game and its money orientation.

7. Nog

Nogger Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yeah he's rubbish, get him sold!