Angela Smith

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by manxtyke, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Tek

Tekkytyke Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Re: I was going to resist replying but seeing some of the unbelievable posts....

l
    Actually I learned that Politicians are elected to parliament to represent and Serve the wishes of the people who elected them.

If you believe politicians should do as they see fit it makes a mockery of the election process as people vote on manifestos at election time. Ignoring the wishes of the people you represent is NOT democracy it is dictatorship. i.e. DO as I say.

If that is the sort of Government you want fair enough but it is NOT democratic

PS "didn't you learn nothing at school" is a double negative so ...yes I did learn quite a lot thank you !

2. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Errr she don't vote either way....

3. Marlon

Marlon Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Re: I was going to resist replying but seeing some of the unbelievable posts....

No they are elected on their beliefs and a trust from us that they will represent us in parliament , and by enlarge that's what they do but nowhere on their CVs or contract to the people does it stipulate that they should vote against their own principles .
    That's when democracy kicks in as we don't have to vote for them next time ,simples.

4. Marlon

Marlon Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark

Lol. I know it's a double negative it was a tongue in cheek thing hence the reference , obviously above your very intelligent mind.
    Mind if I had put a question mark there it would have been relevant.

5. Tarntyke

Tarntyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Even if she had voted, She wouldn't be the first MP to vote against her constituents, but She's Labour so the Tory element on here will of course dwell on this. Nationally, the referendum result was a very close run thing, and if it had gone the other way and Farage and his cronies gotten their way their would've been another vote. Would any MP have crossed to the other side if their Constituents had voted against the camp they were in? Hmmmm

6. madmark62

madmark62 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    MDG. Why do all right wing voters ALWAYS call anyone that disagrees with their veiw point, Left wing loonies? When if you actually take time to to read the policies that Corbyn has provided, you will see it is not the left that are the " Loonies" ! Being a left leaning person does not make you you a loony, no more than being a right winger makes you a heartless soulless basterd !! :rolleyes:

7. Sco

Scoff Well-Known Member

The interface between business and technology
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Exactly how do you know her constituency voted for Brexit? Penistone and Stocksbridge was split between Barnsley and Sheffield (Sheffield was borderline Leave) for the referendum results, and given that much of that area is low population, affluent and rural, the vote could well be different to that of either - particularly the lower-income, less educated areas but more populous areas.

And if she should step down for voting against her constituents, then so should T May and J Corbyn, who are both from Remain constituencies bit voted to trigger A50...

8. manxtyke

manxtyke Well-Known Member

im not a real welder
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Well her constituents voted for Brexit that is a fact you know like most voted leave easy
    Teresa's constituents voted remain yep like stay so she tried to implement their wishes but lost so now she is trying to get the best negotiated deal for all of us .. hopefully
    Jezza , well he's just baba