Anyone still think we're going down?

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Superredsfan7, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Superredsfan7

Superredsfan7 Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Never did, still dont.

2. Spuggy

Spuggy Well-Known Member

Transport/Warehousing
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Nope, I'd take our current form for the rest of the season though.

3. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    All those who thought so have gone abit quiet they will pipe up if we lose a couple many said we would be this year's rotherham.

Bossman and WatfordRed like this.
  4. Prince of Risborough

Prince of Risborough Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Absolutely not a chance in hell. There never was. "This year's Rotherham" - pffffffttt :)

5. Jam

Jamo Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Hard to tell after 5 games where we've had a couple of wins, a couple of dire defeats and one loss which should have been a win.

I'm happy with our squad and manager though and if we can get a few good away performances (along with points) on the board to go with the promising home ones then all good. At present, I'm sure there are at least 3 teams worse than us.

6. Wat

WatfordRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    I noticed that too..

7. Brush

Brush Well-Known Member

Ex-IT professional
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Be nice to pick up some points on the road, but I think home form is far more important, lets's face it, it was terrible for the second half of last season, the last win being against Leeds 21-Jan.

8. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm not sure. We may do or we may finish mid table. Going forward we look brilliant but our defence looks shakier than it has it has done for quite a few years and we are yet to discover how good or poor the the fringe players who will be needed when injuries and suspensions creep in will be.

One thing that may tip the scales in our favour s that we cocked up trying to get more money for yiadom so he's still with us which could be vital.

John Peachy likes this.
  9. upt

upthecolliers Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Long way to go, nobody, knows one way or t'other.

shed131 likes this.
  10. Donny Red

Donny Red Well-Known Member

Retired.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Cautiously optimistic that if Hecky is allowed to keep the group together and add some
    proven quality in the January window instead of having to sell our better players we might
    just be able to mount a bid for the playoffs.

John Peachy likes this.
  11. Wat

Wathred Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Still concerned about the central defensive area and the lack of experience there. Struggling also to see how we can accommodate Moncur and McGeehan in the same team without having to play one up front which then poses a problem as to which striker to play. Can see Thiam being forced out wide where he has played much of his career to date and not what he was brought in for/ Think we will score enough but question will be about how many we concede. Nevertheless I think we have done perhaps all we could, bar bringing in a centre half with championship experience

12. Redstone

Redstone Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Still a very good chance we might and a good chance we won't. You make it sound like people who are worried we will actually want us to? Our form over 5 games would keep us up. The form over 2017 would take us down. Only time will tell.

13. churtonred

churtonred Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm hopeful we'll be ok. The squad is bound to gel more and more and hopefully the second half of the season should be productive.
    The main worry for me is if we have a run of poor form and their heads drop. Keep their confidence up and touch wood we'll be fine.

14. Cam

Cambridge Red Well-Known Member

Geek
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm not too worried about the defence as I think that side of the game is much much easier to coach. I think you can have a great defence without necessarily having great players. It's much more about how they work as a unit. I'm confident PH can get them organised. It may take a few weeks/months but I'm sure we will get there. Potentially the new crop of defensive players are better than the last lot (esp. with Yids still here).

Scoring goals is much harder to coach and relies more on the individuals concerned. When I look at our squad we seem to have plenty of goal threat.

One area that I do have concerns is defensive midfield. don't know much about Gardner & while the young lad from Everton has looked class at times, it is a lot to ask of him to produce that over a whole season

15. Ses

Sestren Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Had no idea, still don't really. I will say that we've settled down a bit quicker than I thought we would though, and with a fair few players still to come into the team I'd describe myself as cautiously optimistic.

16. Don

DonnyTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Just because we beat a very poor Sunderland side without looking particularly good ourselves doesn't mean we're the best side in the world. We've still been piss poor in 3 of the 5 games so far. Talk about happy clapping.

17. Xer

Xerxes Well-Known Member

Ex-oil Company Project Director
    West Riding of Yorkshire or St Selve, France
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I felt we would probably finish mid table, with a few more ups and downs than last season in view of the fact it's a brand new team.

18. Bossman

Bossman Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think it's going to be a long hard season, I do think we've got enough in the team to survive but I'm predicting a bit of a nail biting finish,

19. shed131

shed131 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I was one of those who stated that I felt we were this year's Rotherham. ..I'd say I've hardly been quiet the amount of times I've replied to threads. ...I gave an honest opinion based on what was taking place at the time. I'm still of the opinion we will be in for a long season and at times will struggle due to the inexperience of the boys at this level. Nothing else .I'm not taking away or saying we haven't ability in the side. We've signed some good individuals and we have a good coaching set up. Yes we trounced Sunderland but they were very poor. Forest didn't bring their shooting boots.. Ipswich picked our pockets when we should have killed the game ,which in my opinion was down to lack of experience on the teams part not just any individual. Sheff utd we didn't really show up. Bristol communication or lack of failing to pick man up and silly individual errors led to that defeat plus we never usually get anything there the best of days.
    Iam still of the opinion an old head at the back would have been a very good addition to the squad.
    Whilst I'm hoping I'm wrong as I don't want us to go down, I think it's too early to count chickens and claim bragging rights . Let's just be happy that there's been a mixed bag of results. ...we are only two points of bottom 3 after 5 games yes only 3 of top 6. Does this make me a doom maker am I any less of a fan. Of course not and neither do i deny we are not the finish article yet ....let's see where we are come Christmas before we all start throwing accusations about ....lol me quiet hahaha

Red CB likes this.
  20. Til

Tilertoes Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    At no point in the last 14 months have I thought we'd go down and with the side learning together I believe the team spirit will carry us through. **** buying old has beens, carry on with the plan slowly but surely increasing the quality.