Anyone watch the drama on ITV (Lier)

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Barnsley Loyal, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Barnsley Loyal

Barnsley Loyal Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Still not sure who to believe

2. Marlon

Marlon Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    It was the butler what dunnit.

3. Gol

Goldthorpe-Red Well-Known Member

Courier at DPD group UK.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Not my sorta thing but I got ligged art other day and watched it. I think the woman is lying but then again, with her history and health issues I imagine it would be too easy to accuse her.

Decent showing, though.

4. Del Rosso

Del Rosso Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don't watch ITV I'm a telly snob I'm surprised Robson Green or Martin Clunes aren't in it

5. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think there'll be a twist & they both think they're telling the truth & it'll be a 3rd person

Googs likes this.
  6. Donny Red

Donny Red Well-Known Member

Retired.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Andrew seems a decent bloke. He's not denying that he's been intimate with Laura and
    she admitted that she remained on the bed whilst he went for a condom from the bathroom
    Cabinet. How did he know that's where she kept them.? To use a condom surely you would think
    a discussion must have taken place regarding the need to take precautions wouldn't you.?
    Knowing how the writers minds work having watched The Missing, there's got to be a twist somewhere
    in this mystery. To my mind there are ten vital questions that need to be answered before we know the truth.

1. Was Laura's drink spiked.? 2. What is Laura's mysterious mental illness past that was referred to.?
    3. What happened last time.? When Laura's sister Katy told her husband that Laura she had been raped
    he asked " do the police know what happened last time". What happened last time and were the police involved.?
    4. Could a third person be involved.? Andrew and Laura contend they are telling the truth, but was she raped by
    "somebody" else.? Her ex-Tom the policeman has been having an affair with her sister Katy and seemed pretty relaxed
    about the break up with Laura. The taxi driver seemed overtly friendly and knew where she lived, and Toms colleague
    seemed to want to know more about the date.
    5.Did Andrew really have a flat battery or was it a ruse to go in for a coffee.?
    6. He said he undressed her, she said she woke up fully clothed.? 7. Is Laura's sister on her side.? She's been having
    an affair with her sisters husband. She also works with Andrew the "rapist". What is she hiding, can she really be trusted.?
    8. What happened to Andrews wife.? The headline in the paper read " Wife of Lothian Surgeon in Tragic suicide".
    Is Andrew hiding a secret.? 9. If he is guilty, why did he go back to the classroom to see her.? He told her she was mistaken
    and never said "no". Are these the actions of an innocent man or an accomplished manipulator.?
    10. Why has she outed him publicly.? She has posted accusations on social media and Facebook " he held me down, he's
    a rapist" telling her sister " Now everyone knows". That will surely impact on any action through the courts but it seems
    all she wants to do is punish him publicly-why.? Have they got " history."?
    So in answer to the question " Who to believe".? I honestly don't have any clue.

Googs likes this.
  7. MappRed

MappRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If it turns out to be the ex-boyfriend policeman then that'll be a sensational twist.

Django likes this.
  8. KyoteTyke

KyoteTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If I was writing it the twist would be they are both telling the truth .....Only one of them has a split personality disorder so hence both appear to be telling the truth.

9. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    When he bumped into the coppers bringing the suspect into the police station it seemed like he passed something to one of the coppers

10. Tyke The Tree-Frog

Tyke The Tree-Frog Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    When they arrested him, shouldn't it have been on suspicion of rape, not just bluntly 'Arresting you for rape'?