Are playoffs genuine.

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by bfcjeff, Jan 21, 2017.

1. bfc

bfcjeff Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Are we really making a genuine shot at the playoffs. The rest off January will surely make up our minds, who comes in and who goes.

2. Merde Tete

Merde Tete Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Most definitely yes. This side must not be broken up. And by that, I don't just mean Conor Hourihane. Scowen and Watkins need to be offered new deals immediately.

3. Hud

Huddersfield Red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    I think this is the best team I have seen in 45 years and I include Norman Hunters team and Danny's promotion team of 97.

4. Merde Tete

Merde Tete Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I wouldn't go that far. Yet. Never saw Hunter's team but Danny's was magical, and Basset's wasn't exactly rubbish. However, when taking circumstances into account, the current team is definitely something special. The sad thing is that if we could actually keep this team together, in my opinion it has the potential to be our best ever. They say teams like this only come around once a generation for clubs like ours, but I'm hoping that the recruiting system we now have in place will allow us to flourish for years to come. Fingers crossed.

5. Hud

Huddersfield Red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    I think what you have to consider is the opposition at the time. Hunters team was the best I've seen up until this team but were playing the majority of their best football in the third division. As for Danny's promotion team, as good as they were the opposition wasn't as strong financially as our opponents this season. The game has moved on leaps and bounds this last 20 years in terms of tactics, fitness, sports science. Best manager we have had too in my opinion.