Arthur Scargill's house

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Gordon Owen, Apr 2, 2015.

1. fre

freezing_tyke Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Get writing a book Dek I'll buy one.
    Always take an interest in the strike as me dad was out on the picket lines every day with you mate.

2. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Reading threads like this makes me sad. Shows how Successful Thatchers divide and rule was and how the lies about the strike became fact. I look at my dad and uncles and see men proud men who never recovered and the rich got richer. That's all I know.

3. TonyTyke

TonyTyke Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I know we all like a good debate, but whenever this subject comes up (Arthur, the strike, or even thatcher for that matter) it's always rather saddening to read some of the posts. Should we just drop it and lock the thread?

4. Marlon

Marlon Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Let's just have a look at the people who called,lied and campaigned on the back of trying to disgrace Scargill and the miners struggle.

1,Margaret Thatcher. Proving to have been a bit of a dark horse by hiding evidence in the official secrets act ala Hillsborough,Orgreave,the true pit closure programme etc etc.

2.The Newspaper industry ala the Daily Mirror ( Maxwell) The sun, etc etc printed lies as facts.

3,Greatrex,Lynk and the whole working miners Mafia. Lynk was stabbed in the back by the Tories and admitted he had been duped and tried to stage a sit in to save face, ha. Greatrex was thievi g out of the miners pension scheme and served time.

4 South Yorkshire Police .where do we start.

Loads more but can't be Arsed to print

Now Scargill.
    No sorry can't find any wrongdoing that's been proven or justified tbh.plenty thrown at him mind but nothing has stuck which is really quite remarkable considering the might of the forces pitted against him and they could only try and blacken his name with false accusations.
    Plenty on here Willing to condemn him with rumours and hearsay also .

5. Tarntyke

Tarntyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The thing is there are some posters on this board who are so full of shat, particularly when it comes to Politics. I've no problem with admitting I hate the Tories and practically everything they stand for,(through painful experience) and I' m not even flying a red flag here, as I'm deeply disapointed with the opposition. However, If I was pro Tory or even just being a neutral, I wouldn't come on a Forum where most locals would've been affected in some way or another by the vindictive policies and spout off how wrong people were to fight for their jobs and how mistaken/misguided they are in believing the Tories are no good for the ordinary person in the street.
    People in this town are bitter from experience and the Tories just continue to kick it at every opportunity.

6. Eaststand Lower

Eaststand Lower Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Re: thankyou for that

When I worked for BMBC we did some work on the drainage in his garden, he took us into the garage and it was full from the floor to the ceiling of cardboard boxes full of stuff from the strike and Orgreave.

Pride of place was a photo of him been led away in handcuffs he told us it was a reminder of how bigger bast4rds the police where

7. Dragon Tyke

Dragon Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    yes thanks for that

DekParker has helped me out on this... As I told him I was Stationed in Germany at the time... so was well out of it.

HOWEVER...

Most of my family have been in the mining industry, my father had cave ins happen to him a few times.. one all but killed him, he was hospitalised and bed rideen for almost 6 months, I was just a kid at junior school at the time... seeing your Dad in such a state hits hard. That last cave in was the final straw which prompted him to get out and go into another career.Many years later I met my wife while at RAF Cranwell in 1975... she is from the Welsh Valleys... her family too has big big roots in mining too...her father was mines rescue.. her Grandfather died of silicosis (spelling) in the Miners hospital at Caerphilly. Her Family also lost life at a place called Sennegenith, the worst pit disaster in the Welsh coal fields.
    There was a bad pit disaster at Houghten Main.... my Mother was a typist there at the time... she volunteered to go in and help man the switchboard there ... she did had been on the go for well over 24 hours . She told me of a bloke coming in and asked her and the others how long had they/she been at the switch board . It was Arthur Scargill... the Houghten Main disaster was very avoidable. My Mother told me that Scargill was livid and actually said " heads will roll over this".

Some folk come on here and tell me I know nowt about my roots... BITE ME

8. Dragon Tyke

Dragon Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    DekParker has helped me out on this... As I told him I was Stationed in Germany at the time... so was well out of it. Most of my family have been in the mining industry, my father had cave ins happen to him a few times.. one all but killed him, he was hospitalised and bed rideen for almost 6 months, I was just a kid at junior school at the time... seeing your Dad in such a state hits hard. That last cave in was the final straw which prompted him to get out and go into another career.Many years later I met my wife while at RAF Cranwell in 1975... she is from the Welsh Valleys... her family too has big big roots in mining too...her father was mines rescue.. her Grandfather died of silicosis (spelling) in the Miners hospital at Caerphilly. Her Family lost life at a place called Sennegenith.
    There was a bad pit disaster at Houghten Main.... my Mother was a typist there at the time... she volunteered to go in and help man the switchboard there ... she did had been on the go for well over 24 hours . She told me of a bloke coming in and asked her and the others how long had they/she been at the switch board . It was Arthur Scargill... the Houghten Main disaster was very avoidable. My Mother told me that Scargill was livid and actually said " heads will roll over this".

Some folk come on here and tell me I know nowt about my roots... BITE ME

9. dek

dekparker Well-Known Member

HGV Driver
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    During the strike there were talks between the coal board and the num,several came to nothing,however on two occasions an agreement was reached between the union and the board,an agreement that would end the strike,both times Thatcher stopped it.

So,in summary,the coal board,led by McGreagor and the num led by one of the most millitant red raggers of all time (if you believe the hype), reached a compromise that would not only have ended the strike but would also have saved the ensuing carnage and destruction of the industry and the communities that relied on it.In the thirty years that have passed the TUC is now virtually powerless,well paid manufacturing jobs have been replaced by poorly paid retail and service jobs.There is only one set of people to thank for this and thats the torys,the instigated it all and it was they who twisted the knife.
    Scargill,contrary to what the media would have you believe tried his best to do something about it.

10. Tarntyke

Tarntyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Re: yes thanks for that

Even worse the, when you spout your Pro Tory stuff, which you have done in the past on many occasions on this board.
    BTW, I worked at Houghton Main, started soon after the disaster, my dad and brother were both down the pit at the time, but thankfully in another seam.

11. dek

HGV Driver
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Re: yes thanks for that

Scargill attended the Houghton disaster and he also attended the Lofthouse disaster when he went underground with the rescue teams,two further examples of him leading from the front and not expecting others to do what he wouldnt do himself.

12. Barnsley Loyal

Barnsley Loyal Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    What a heartless comment to make especially on a Barnsley forum

Very strange

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    But it was wasn't it? The NUM (Funded by the miners) loaned Scargill the money to buy Treelands 7 month after the strike ended

14. Marlon

Marlon Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    It was a loan!!! Executives in industry as well as MPs etc have access to these privileges but hey let's not let it get in way of Scargill bashing. After all the courts couldn't do it so why not do it by rumours.

15. dek

HGV Driver
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
  16. BFC Dave

BFC Dave Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    During the strike but it was kept quiet

17. Sparky

Sparky Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yeah think your right, my mate bought the house he moved from

18. dek

HGV Driver
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    i wonder why the government didnt jump on this alleged house move during the strike?Scargill was watched by MI5 from the start of the strike to the end,no way on gods earth could this have been kept quiet.Its very similar to the 'new jag' he bought in the strike aswell.

19. Marlon

Marlon Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    That's a great point Dek. Every move Scargill made before during and after the strike was watched by govt and media agents if he had made one false move he would have been lambasted into hell by these people!e. But yet the conspiracies keep on coming.

20. jedi one

jedi one Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    ex raf guy ?