As someone has already pointed out (I think)....

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Tekkytyke, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Tek

Tekkytyke Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Selling players for a profit is OK and I can understand why a club may be reluctant to sign up unproven players from lower leagues on long contracts but, in the case of someone like Conor and any valued player who is nearing the end of the contract who would cost a fortune to replace and may not be as good a fit why dont we do the following:

Since they would go for nothing if we run them to the end of the contract or go for a pittance give them a large retainer fee to supplement the wage . Rather the money go direct to a player and keep him than an agent and other club to sign a n unproven replacement?

I discount the policy of constantly uncovering gems from lower leagues 'cos in the case of CH that is almost certain not to succeed.

Payet is an example of how player power is now out of hand. If a player can refuse to play and breaches contract then the club can certainly bench them and make an example of them and refuse to give permission to speak to another club until their contract expires.

2. Xer

Xerxes Well-Known Member

Ex-oil Company Project Director
    West Riding of Yorkshire or St Selve, France
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Blame Bosman