Automatic turnstiles

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by funnyfella23, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Ted

Ted Active Member

Make tools
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Forgive me if I'm wrong, but when as the season tickets ever been available to pick up this early? You've always had to wait for them when buying early (I know this is earlier than normal before you start). Moaning for moaning sake there.

2. Marc

Marc Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    too much time on your hands lad

3. Red

Red Rain Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I am 63 years of age, have been supporting the club for 50 years and have been a season ticket holder for the last 40. I have never had to pay for my season ticket to be sent to me. The club has always seen the logic in keeping their customers on side. And quite rightly so. What other company would treat its loyal customers in this fashion. And all it takes is a little forethought and planning at the top. Instead of potentially driving away fans, why not add £2 to every season ticket discount price and automatically send season tickets to every one who commits to supporting the club, when they do not know for sure what division we will be playing in next year and therefore what standard of football they can expect to see. It is not genius, it is simply good public relations. It is not something I would have expected from Don Rowing, never mind the supposed genius that is Ben Mansford.

My loyalty over the years cannot be question and I will be here long after the star that is Ben Mansford has faded and died. As it is, today I felt alienated from MY football club. It felt like I had been dealing with some faceless and soulless corporation for whom I was just another number. It felt like all those years of thick and thin did not matter. That they did not know my history with the club, from the bottom of division 4 with gates of less than 2,000 to the Premiership, when the going was easy. Today I had walked from Wombwell, my decision I know, but I was irritated that it was so easy for them to say that I should walk from Wombwell again to pick up my season ticket in July.

4. MDG

MDG Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Ok then, lets not keep the money in the club after all just for the sake of moaning about £1.50... ,

5. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Did he tell you to walk from Wombwell in July?

And there is something ridiculously stupid in suggesting that you'd prefer to pay £2 for them to post your ticket rather than paying £1.50

6. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Personally, I think if you pay over £300 for summat and it isn't available when you buy it, the company who sold it to you should post it to you at their expense when it becomes available. I don't know a single other company that wouldn't. Particularly when that company put up a deadline for when the item can be bought at a particular price.

Please, please, please buy your season ticket early, go on, please, but we won't give it to you when you buy it and if you want it sending to you when it becomes available we'll ask for even more money.
    So, you want to me to give you a great wedge of cash 3 or 4 months before I can use it, but you won't even do me the courtesy of sending it to me? I see.

Must just be two of us who don't think that's particularly good customer service. And the price of an envelope and second class postage seems to be a lot more expensive at Oakwell than it is where I live just over a mile away. What about the man power? What, box office staff sending out tickets? We've got to pay for that too have we? What next, paying the turnstile operators as we go in the ground? "Half time draw, pound a go, and 50p for me selling it to you."

I love Barnsley FC, but sometimes I just shake my head in disbelief. It's not a big deal on its own this, but stuff just like this adds up and adds up over the years and it goes from being inconvenient, to funny, then infuriating or depressing until one day they do summat that's not much in itself, but you've dealt with 30 years of being ****** about and taken advantage of and you finally think "**** you then" and march off. I'm nowhere near that at the moment, but I got very close around the time of the Liverpool game, and for quite a few people that was the last straw. The last straw for someone else might be summat like this.

7. Dys

Dyson Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Just about to write the same.

£1 f.cking 50. New era.

8. I'm Spartacus

I'm Spartacus Well-Known Member

Missionary
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Jeeayzus Chris, riding a donkey!!! Just pick em up first game of season!!!

9. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    At the bar at the last home game at half time, the little place in The Ponty where they used to sell programmes, guy in front asks for two bottles of Singha.
    "We haven't got any Singha."
    "Why not?"
    "There's only three home games left so what's point."

What's point. Indeed.

10. Terry Nutkins

Terry Nutkins Well-Known Member

Music Producer/DJ/Promoter and Owner of Hush Hush
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That has never happened at Oakwell. Ever.

11. Ext

Extremely Northern Well-Known Member

Professional Northerner.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    And never will.

12. jedstar

jedstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Selling tickets for any event (concert/festival/sporting event, whatever) seems to be the only thing left where hidden charges above the face value of the ticket are common, for some reason they continue to get away with it so they will all do it.

For some reason, people don't seem to complain, festival season is coming up and you won't hear anyone complaining about the £6 (or more) processing fee on a £170 weekend ticket, yet when Ryanair were adding a £2 booking fee on an £18 return flight to Malaga there was uproar and they were forced to get rid of it. Doesn't make sense.

13. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    5,000 people queueing up for their season ticket half an hour before the opening game of the season? Is that the official line?

Or are you so desperate to take the contradictory view to a genuine issue that you've jumped in and said summat daft without thinking it through?

"You want good customer service? You anti-Barnsley b'stard."

14. NIGHTMARE

NIGHTMARE Banned Idiot

Dear me

15. I'm Spartacus

Missionary
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    5,000 in queue, eh?

So no one is going to pay for postage?
    So no one is going to pick tickets up whilst in tarn on a Saturday morning?
    So no one is going to get their lass, brother, dad, etc to pick em up?
    So no one is going to pick tickets up at the Open Day?

Think on, Soft Lad.

16. Ext

Extremely Northern Well-Known Member

Professional Northerner.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That. All day ******* long.

I thought the pettiness with regard to customer service would go when Rowing left. It seems not.

17. Dys

Dyson Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Think folk are starting to realise that Don maybe wasn't the whole problem...

18. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Laughing. You come out with a right load of old ballacks and I'm the soft lad. Your instruction was to pick up a season ticket at the first match of the season. Whether other people do summat else is irrelevant. Your idea was stupid. The box office cannot cope with a significant amount of people queueing up prior to the first game of the season to collect their season tickets, whether it's 5,000, 500 or even 50. They wouldn't want anyone to do that because they know they couldn't cope as they have enough to deal with on a match day without anyone picking up season tickets.

Like I said, you jumped in without thinking it through.

19. Mid

Mido Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I bought a game off the internet last week for £40 plus £2 delivery, the game wasn't released at that point. I still had to pay for the product a week in advance and pay for postage even though I couldn't have it until it was delivered. I'm struggling to see the difference.

20. I'm Spartacus

Missionary
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Thought it through for the past 30 odd years...Have always collected mi ticket at Box Office, first game. Many do, who live out of tarn.

Actually think you're one of the better posters...but you're just moaning for moaning sake's here.