BBC Have Your Say

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Skryptic, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Skryptic

Skryptic Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Funny, there are forums open for a cyclist getting a new contract, downhill mountain biking, Alistair Cook maybe getting a job someday, and the Omega Masters, whatever sport that's for. But strangely, nothing for the day's biggest sporting story, the one they have three articles for, and that they placed on the front page of BBC News - Serena Williams' disgraceful behaviour.

Of course, they haven't framed it like that, and I'm amazed how many tennisists are happy for the premier star of the ladies' game to question an official's integrity. Can you imagine the outrage from non-footy types if a Premier League player told a ref he'd never get to officiate another of his games? Can you imagine Nigel Owens' reaction if he was called a liar and a thief?

Sorry for ranting here, but I can't do it on the BBC website for some reason .

BarTyke likes this.
  2. Redstone

Redstone Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    No coaching from the player’s box: code violation, warning. No smashing of racquets: code violation, point penalty. No abuse of officials, which under Grand Slam regulations includes questioning their integrity: code violation, game penalty.

Seem fairly straightforward to me. She can play the sexism card all she wants the rules are clear.

3. Donny Red

Donny Red Well-Known Member

Retired.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    She was probably justified to have a word with the umpire, but went about it totally the wrong way.
    Irrespective of her status in the game, her behaviour left a lot to be desired and really
    took the gloss off her opponent Osaka's victory. I've just seen that Serena won $ 1.8 million as the runner up
    and circa $ 17,000 ( around £13,100 ) of that prize has been withheld to " punish" her.

4. orsenkaht

orsenkaht Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Didn't see this before I posted on this subject, but totally agree, Skryptic.

Redstone likes this.
  5. Skryptic

Skryptic Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Strangely they had a HYS about the mens' final, 300+ comments, but they seem to have removed it. Serena was getting a lot of criticism, but I'm sure that's not the reason it was removed :rolleyes:

One hundred and fifty quid a year.