Been a Tory voter all my life...

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by RedStriker, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Trickster Two Six

Trickster Two Six Well-Known Member

The Detonator
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think you’re talking about the super rich Marlon, Dint misunderstand me I do think that those who can afford to contribute more should. But I don’t think the latest suggestion to tax “unearned wealth” which includes inheriting the family home in an area with traditionally higher house prices is fair on the ordinary families it would effect. And if people are struggling why bring kids into that world ??

2. Trickster Two Six

The Detonator
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    B
    I’m sure your right spadge, you always are.

3. Marlon

Marlon Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    No not the super rich at all there’s plenty sitting on four or five million and less .
    These people give their kids a good education and great start in life and that should be enough to give them a better chance than most .
    I’m not saying take everything off them but with the head start in life over most of us they shouldn’t inherit their parents untold wealth .
    This just makes people in most cases in charge of our futures just because they inherited and not necessarily because they are the best .
    Inheritance stifles social mobility but not only that it keeps people who are better qualified and talented from flourishing and therefore keeps us all poorer .
    These people have the best start in life along with an easier ride on life’s road and it should be enough .
    A sensible inheritance should be allowed then they should compete in buisness etc on merit rather than Privilege .
    The money from tax should go to enhancing community life and helping the less fortunate in life instead of just lumping everyone as feckless and social outcasts which most people on benefits are not .

4. Trickster Two Six

The Detonator
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Think we’ve gone a bit off piste here Marlon. My original post was about the proposed labour policy to tax those ordinary folk in London who happen to live where house prices are generally higher but who’ll have to cough up a hefty tax bill when they inherit the family home. Wasn't talking about folk with 5 million in the bank, I don't support the privileged few, and I’m definitely not a tory. I do disagree though that inherited wealth keeps poorer folk from flourishing, I was brought up to believe that no one owed me a living and I should live within my means.

5. KamikazeCo-Pilot

KamikazeCo-Pilot Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    I agree with you on the abuse. No reason at all for it. And, for what its worth best wishes to you.

6. Austiniho

Austiniho Well-Known Member

So where’s the point in someone creating businesses that accrues wealth if they can’t give it to their friends and family? I know that’s one of the main reasons that I work so many hours!

In my opinion,

Social mobility shouldn’t mean putting people down just because they have something. It smacks of bitterness. And does not promote a strong working and business culture.

Social mobility is not about the money people inherit... it is more closely linked by the ability and motivation of the parent. We are in a time where students in schools are already treated beneficially if they are from a non privileged background. This is to try redress some of the imbalance of a poor home life. A student from any school could go to any university from any background, depending upon their drive, ambition and ability. So if you are a normal family on a modest income, there will be children at your son/ daughters school who will be sat in the better places, have work marked more, have extra help, and are asked more questions in lesson...

Anyone sitting on 4 or 5 million will not sit on it long if they’re not working and living a champagne Charlie lifestyle... they won’t have money long and social mobility will work in the opposite direction.

Trickster Two Six likes this.
  7. Gol

Goldthorpe-Red Well-Known Member

Courier at DPD group UK.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's just beyond pathetic now mate. The way labour voters on this forum go after someone simply because they dont vote labour is weird. Infact, its North Korea style dictatorship.

We'll never change owt, we just have to enjoy what we've got in life haven't we?

cudeth red likes this.
  8. Austiniho

Austiniho Well-Known Member

Not all labour voters....

I’m opinionated, and don’t mind a bit of a debate. But don’t fall into the trap of personal abuse.

9. DusThaNoIII

DusThaNoIII Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    This is a sad football site when Tory supporting gets so many posts in comparison with football. Why don't you take your politics and stick them somewhere else?

JLWBigLil and pompey_red like this.
  10. troff

troff Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    What exactly are you trying to prove here?

11. cudeth red

cudeth red Well-Known Member

van driver
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    There’s even a conservative club int tarn

12. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I’m not saying I agree with the method but I’d say it’s fairly obvious what he is trying to prove... that David_Upper_East is a hypocrite, complaining about people posting about politics on a football site when he’s more than happy to do that himself.

13. orsenkaht

orsenkaht Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Thing is though, there weren't many places in tarn with four full-sized snooker tables in the seventies and early eighties. Consequently, there were more than a few members with somewhat questionable loyalties to the Conservative Party but with a rather greater allegiance to snooker.

The irony is, as a woman, under the club rules Margaret Thatcher wouldn't have been allowed in the club except on Tuesdays and Thursdays! :)

14. Oak

OakwellStan Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He's just as entitled to vote for whoever he wants no matter where he lives. No need for the abuse and no I'm not a Tory either. Ffs we are supposed to be in a democracy

15. cudeth red

cudeth red Well-Known Member

van driver
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It also has the best northern soul nite in tarn (before lockdown) thanks to roo &martin

16. Tarntyke

Tarntyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    There’s a few around the borough including Darfield

17. Sco

Scoff Well-Known Member

The interface between business and technology
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Held my wedding reception in there - although I lived across the car park at the time. Apart from that, I've been once when we took our daughter to her friends sisters 18th or 21st birthday there.

18. RedStriker

RedStriker Well-Known Member

Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    Some of the ***** directed at me in the early manifestations of this thread went well beyond abuse. Fortunately it looks like the commie bas7ard got a ban for it.

19. troff

troff Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Moans about abuse and calls someone a commie ******* in the same post!

Hypocritical in the extreme - and matches the “do as we say not as we do” mantra of the Conservative Party I guess.

Say what you like, complain all you want, but starting a thread on this forum saying you’ve voted Tory all your life was always going to incite reaction - and don’t insult anyone’s intelligence by pretending you didn’t know that.

20. portsmouth tyke

portsmouth tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Didn't deserve the vile comments regardless of his mindset, opinion. The way I read it he was being honest and said " he would never vote for them again" fair play to him, rather than looking at it as one less vote for the cons people decided to act all retarded and abuse him.