BFC Player problems...

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Superredsfan7, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Superredsfan7

Superredsfan7 Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    This may be because I use player on my phone and not a computer but when games are live the commentary keeps stopping and delaying the game its pretty annoying for me because the goals pop up on TV and on The wall before they say it on commentary. Does this happen to anybody else??

2. Feffered

Feffered Well-Known Member

Training manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If you're watching SSN, pause it for2 mins, then play it. This way the goals don't pop up on TV before you hear it on player. Yes there is always a 1-2 minute delay listening player unfortunately.

3. gooderzone

gooderzone Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yep that's just the way internet radio is. Normally if I'm listening on the internet I'm about 30-40 seconds behind realtime.

4. Sta

Stahlrost Well-Known Member

None
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    I don't have it any more as I cancelled it because of the commentary going away to other grounds when we were attacking.

However, I do remember when I was a subscriber it used to get really far behind. On one occasion (when I very unfairly got shirty with Jam Drop for posting goal updates on here) it was over 5 minutes behind. I then discovered that if I logged out and logged in again, it got more up to date, but as others have said it will always be somewhat delayed.

5. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    There used to be an option that said 'click here to get the old style commentary' and that had no delay at all but since they got rid of that option we have a good few mins delay.

6. Sta

Stahlrost Well-Known Member

None
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    This reminds me of a match a few seasons ago when I was sitting with my ex-wife (who is a good friend now) in the Legends Suite, watching a match which was also live on Sky. The match was being shown on the TVs in the Legends Suite, although we were watching it live on the field.

Every time there was an "incident" (offside, goal, penalty appeal etc) I would jump up to watch the replay. After a while this got on her nerves, and she asked me what was so interesting. I told her the match on the TV was about 20 seconds ahead of the match on the field, so I wanted to see what was about to happen.

She believed me.