Bielsa is not a cheat...but a tactical genius!

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Geddiswasguud, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Ged

Geddiswasguud Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
  2. Dub-Tyke

Dub-Tyke Well-Known Member

I can’t see why anyone thinks he’s a cheat. He’s not broke any law and he’s only authorised what has been going on for years anyway.

Serves Derby right for not putting some hoarding up to stop folk watching from the footpath.

Simon Davey stopped fans watching when he was in charge to stop opponents doing the same thing.

For me, it’s no different to scouting teams in previous games etc. So long as access isn’t illegally obtained or someone gains access under false pretences, then I it’s fine. I’d be disappointed if BFC are not carrying out the same level of intelligence (at lest when we were in Champ and had more money).

3. Yoyo

Yoyo Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Such a tactical genius that the last domestic honour he won was 19 years ago. (Fair enough hes only been managing domestically for the last 8.)

Is all that analysis all that different to what other clubs do? If they have the budget for it of course.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
  4. Ged

Geddiswasguud Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    All clubs send out assesors to watch games ....if they are going to play them soon (usually around 3 games prior) this normally includes tactics employed .....positions for set pieces both defensive and offensive...they also have ways to find out about players contracts.
    The big money world of football has no morals (or very little). Imho Lampard was being nieve if he thinks this doesnt go on.....it does.
    I just wonder in the league find this bad enough to warrant fining leeds.....imho ffp rules need to be sorted first!

5. Redstone

Redstone Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Wouldn't say tactical genius but he's certainty got Leeds playing well. And seems a honest guy.

6. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I've got most of that information available to me too. I could show you every tackle, header, pass, mistake, off the ball run or shot that any player in the league has made this season. Or last for that matter.

What he's claiming isn't new or impressive it's common practice and available to every club out there if they pay for it. He's just presented it nicely and hoodwinked a few clueless journos into thinking it's unique to him in order to justify his underhand cheating

7. Redstone

Redstone Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Underhand yes. Is it cheating strictly speaking? I'm not sure it is.