BNP

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by oakwell, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Ruf

Rufus New Member

Home Page:
    Spinning in their graves? Yes your right, but,.........

not because of the BNP, but because of the way we've allowed this country to become a refuge for the world's dross. I would argue that towns and cities such as Leicester, Bradford and Dewsbury have all suffered because of mass immigration and have very few if any positives.

2. *Windy

*Windy Banned Idiot

Home Page:
    RE: You're confusing the economic effects of cheap labour and the "cultures" of the labourers.

</p>

In which case it's also &quot;supported completely&quot; by any other essential element that, taken away in one day, would cause it to cease to operate properly.But I think the suggestion that, had an immigrant workforce not been available, those positions would not have been filled is a bit far-reaching. The fact remains, however, that we're talking about labour not culture.</p>

Wise move dropping the education bit of your argument too.</p>

3. M1 Tyke

M1 Tyke New Member

The only Tory in the village
    Somewhere between Dirty Leeds and That London
    Home Page:
    But that's all the politicians do...

Point stuff out. No action.

I'm a big fan of immigration. As you point out where the hell would the NHS be without all the Asian doctors, and who would clean the toilets if it weren't for the poles (see I'm being a bit inflamatory there just to keep in the spirit of things). No - where immigration is backed by integration I'm all for it.

However, there are many issues like murderers who are not deported, terrorists who despise our democracy but choose to live here, benefits loopholes which get fairly exploited which are just plain madness, schools funded by the state where lessons are not in English. Asylum seekers who come through spain and france to get here to claim asylum as the benefits are better.

No I don't have a massive amount of personal experience and much of the above I cannot verify. Ignorance of the minutie is not the issue. The masses are ingnorant. It's the sun reading ignorant masses that quite frankly have the vote - and until - like the Aussies and the French, one of the mainstream parties grasps the nettle and is seen to be taking a firm stance on some of the more important of these issues then the masses will vote according to their prejudices.

And whilst I find it distasteful - I cannot find it in me to whole heartedly condemn them for not simply sitting in silence.

4. ark

ark104 New Member

Home Page:
    Personally I don't watch it because its not my cup o'tea.

But is that not a reason to vote for a party that pledges more accountability than one who wants to end immigration and the benefits it brings completely? And it is fair to point out that if the BNP got in to power they can not prevent immigration

5. Con

Conkotyke Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I would never vote BNP.

I vote UKIP

6. ark

ark104 New Member

Home Page:
    RE: You're confusing the economic effects of cheap labour and the "cultures" of the labourers.

Education was never part of my argument, just misplaced a comma.

The point is immigration has plugged a skill gap and that is why it is a neccesity for a prosperous economy, whther it be agricultural workers in Lincoln, which is cheap labour, or a doctor who earns the same as any other doctor but is filling a role we don't have enough skilled British citizens to do.

My argument is two fold, that migration has improved our economy and lead to multi-cultralism. I belive the latter is what makes this country such a good place to live. I presume from your emails you don't?

7. ark

ark104 New Member

Home Page:
    A rose by any other name... nt

8. Con

Conkotyke Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    RE: A rose by any other name... nt

You are joking? You are not suggesting that we are facists too?

9. *Windy

*Windy Banned Idiot

Home Page:
    "Where immigration is backed by integration I'm all for it."

</p>

That's about it in a nutshell.</p>

Pity it's impossible to point out the failings of multculturalism without precipitating mass hysteria.</p>

10. Con

Conkotyke Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    RE: "Where immigration is backed by intigration I'm all for it."

Windy I think me and you agree almost completely on this issue. Are we a minority who think this way?

11. Gue

Guest Guest

12. Gue

Guest Guest

They're certainly holocaust deniers.

And yes, I do think UKIP are a right wing party.

13. andytyke

andytyke Administrator Staff Member Admin

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    RE: But how many of the fears are real

then when they are settled they build a mosque, invite the rest of their family and friends over and colonise, not intigrate.

14. Con

Conkotyke Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

I take that as a slur. We are not holocoast deniers!!

On some issues yes we may be classed as right wing.

15. ark

ark104 New Member

Home Page:
    Very good points mate

And really well argued. I agree we need a proper debate about immigration, and many of the positives of migration are lost, including the fact that migration is two way stret and many Britons take advantage of moving aborad too.

In terms of some of the negatives, I think some of the real issues got caught up in The Sun, Daily Mail vitriol. For example, the Mail got censured for taking a photo of what looked like hundreds of Romanians applying to come to Britain when in reality there were 9 and the angle it was taken from exaggerated it.

I think your right that the argument has been polarised and both sides of the debate entrenched so no debate can be had

16. *Windy

*Windy Banned Idiot

Home Page:

&quot;We have a free education and health service supported completely by migrants, which has its failings, but so do countries with a private based healthcare.&quot;</p>

I don't know which comma you'd move to make it look like education was never part of your argument but ne' mind eh?</p>

Anyway, you've adjusted your stance sufficiently to almost be making sense. We now agree that it's migrant labour that's beneffited our economy, we'll have to agree to disagree on the effects of the accompanying cultures.</p>

17. Gue

Guest Guest

RE: But how many of the fears are real

Almost as bad as the Jews building synagogues in the UK. What rights have Catholics to have their own Churches after Henry VIII? And don't get me started on why we don't worship the sun and the moon like the proper ethnic Brits did before the Romans came.

18. ark

ark104 New Member

Home Page:
    "We have a free education, (end point) and health service supported completely by migrants, which has its failings, but so do countries with a private based healthcare."
    Was in the wider context of this country being an excellent place. Added the bit about migrant as it was part of my wider argument against the BNP.

Not a dig and serious question, do you not see any benefits of multi-cultralism - a prime example being cuisine

19. Con

Conkotyke Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

remember it has been admitted by officail sources that the new wave immigration frm Europe has created no net economic benefit for the UK economy!

20. Con

Conkotyke Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    what should be done about the migrant ghettos?