Boro already sold out for our next home game

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Barnsley Loyal, Sep 30, 2017.

1. YTB

YTBFC Guest

I don't want to give the wrong information pal. All I know is that those who make decisions outside the club have deemed it unsafe to sell all 5,700 seats or whatever the exact figure is in there. Can't recall the exact reasoning. But it's H&S related.

SuperTyke likes this.
  2. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Cheers whitey. Wouldn't want you giving out the wrong info and getting a bollocking

3. Farnham_Red

Farnham_Red Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley
    This is completely bizarre, A stand that was designed only 20 years ago can only be filled to 3/4 of capacity for health and safety reasons, That makes no sense. I was miffed a few years ago when we played Chelsea in the cup and we were not allowed to spit it even though it was designed with this in mind.
    Also as its actually more modern than both the Ponty and the East Stand this just seems really strange.

Presumably there has to be some reason for this and information on what is required to allow the seats to be sold again. It doesnt seem to be applied to other stands of similar age to the best of my knowledge

4. Swa

Swazer50 Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Why can we only use half of the West Stand?

5. Farnham_Red

Farnham_Red Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley
    Good question - A few years ago it was just down to money. We didnt have a need to use it for ourselves and so didnt pay stewarding costs and presumably less policing costs as there was half a stand between the away fans and home fans.

It was filled on occasion for either big away followings -eg Wednesday or when we did a special offer - Leicester at home or also the Chelsea cup game.

I think we now are not able to put away fans in due to SYP not allowing it
    I think we can use at least part of it for home fans if we really want to. Didnt we do that a couple of years ago when we sold out the home areas for the playoff game and then started filling the upper block B

As far as I know if we had demand we could put people in at least part of that half of the west now though who knows perhaps the H&S dragons have decided that the risk of home fans only 50 yards away from the opposition is too great