Box office twitter account RIP

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Farnham_Red, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Farnham_Red

Farnham_Red Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley
  2. Sparky

Sparky Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    This is what Beth has posted on Tykes Talk/Facebook

It has been decided that all departmental social media accounts will now be closed. Box Office, Reds Superstore and Commercial accounts are closing simultaneously. In future all questions should be directed to the official club twitter and Facebook accounts. We have a new CEO and a new marketing and media manager. Nothing bad is intended towards anyone who runs any of our departmental accounts it's just different management teams have their own ideas about things.

3. pon

pontyender Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If they want people to buy tickets, they will still have to answer questions somehow. There's times the technology beats some people and if they can't get to the ground itself, will simply not bother.

4. Tykeofthetown

Tykeofthetown Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    In all fairness I can see the sense or rational behind it not everyone is as tech savvy or clued up re the working of twitter and fir the casual user or even casual visitor to oakwell they’re probably going to search barnsley F.C. and directly interact with the main account rather than search for individual accounts ie box office or commercial etc.

Obviously I understand the benefit of having the separate points of contact but can asking see the ease of use with the sole account

5. pon

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It remains to be seen if things are going to be answered as quickly though. My experience of emailing the club isn't good for instance.

6. pon

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The poorer service has already started. The Sheffield Wednesday ticket info has been on the official website for 2 hours, yet there is no mention on the official Twitter or Facebook feeds.

Farnham_Red likes this.
  7. North Yorkshire Tyke

North Yorkshire Tyke Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Mine neither. They just ignor is my experience. Hopefully new set up will stop that as with any other business if they didn't respond you'd just not give them your business

8. Farnham_Red

Farnham_Red Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley
    Not to mention quite a few of the question to the old box office twitter or facebook are of general interest - so no need for multiple people to email in the same questions you just looked to see if your question had already been asked and answered.

9. MappRed

MappRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm not doubting the intention behind the BFC Box Office account but at times it was slightly unprofessional which could open the club up to unwanted attention or criticism. I'd be surprised if that side of things didn't feature in the Club's decision to close down the departmental accounts.

That being said, if the incredibly helpful departmental accounts do close then the official accounts whether that be Twitter, Facebook or email have to ensure that they pick up where the departmental accounts left off otherwise it's counter productive and could alienate fans.

10. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I agree with Mapplewell Red and Tykeofthetown. My first thought was that it may have been due to the unprofessional nature of some of the posts and then thought that it's probably because it's easier to just follow (and man) one account rather than 3 or 4.

11. pon

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It is now on the official Twitter and Facebook feeds, four hours after it was put on the official website.

12. Gally

Gally Administrator Staff Member Admin

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley
    Think thats a real shame as I thought the box office account in particular had really helped improve communications with the fans.

Farnham_Red likes this.
  13. Met

Metatarsal Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Shame really, was a well supported, and used, account. I hope there's been no issue about some of the occasional banter on it. The response to that Wolves fan about the away support and tinpot last week was first class, before and after the match. Our social media output, for me, has shown the club in a really good light.

14. nezbfc

nezbfc Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    So can I.

But it does defeat the object of it if they don't answer at all from the main one too.

So.

Does anyone know what the half time draw number was against QPR.

It's the one question I constantly have to try to find the answer to and is always days and days after the event.

I did suggest if whoever runs Twitter account during games can stick it on Twitter as it's drawn at half time.

Not a rant but suggestion. But my question remains if anyone can help