Bradley lowery

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Connor, Jul 7, 2017.

1. barnsley66

barnsley66 Well-Known Member

Learner Support Assistant/Happy Clapper
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    RIP Bradley.

2. Donny Red

Donny Red Well-Known Member

Retired.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Six years old and for four of those he's battled against that terrible disease poor mite.
    Thoughts and prayers are with his family, friends and anyone else who took him to their hearts.
    God bless and rest in eternal peace wee man.

My brother in law who is a Mackem is like everyone else gutted. He spoke to his Sis in Sunderland earlier
    today and apparently fans are planning to approach Ellis Short to see if he would agree
    to name a stand at the Stadium of Light the Bradley Lowery Stand.

What a magnificent permanent memorial to the little boy that would be.

Jimmy viz, BobT, DSLRed and 2 others like this.
  3. tinatyke

tinatyke Well-Known Member

Usually camping Monday to Friday in a peaceful f
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    So very, very sad.
    I too had tears in my eyes when I saw he had passed.
    Poor, brave little lad.

Defoe was brilliant with him. He was his hero and he supported him through lots.
    Life is complete, however short it is and he was able to touch so many hearts .

4. JLWBigLil

JLWBigLil Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Rest In Peace, little one. You're no longer in pain.
    Thoughts are with the Lowery family at this terrible time.

Connor likes this.
  5. Redstone

Redstone Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    I remember when i was young things like this would just pass me by a little thought of how sad it was and move on. Now with children of my own when i heard the news i actually had a little cry. Bradley has really pulled on the nations heart strings. RIP

Connor likes this.
  6. Del Rosso

Del Rosso Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    All the crap thrown at pro footballers and the brilliant Jermain Defoe proves beyond any doubt that love, care and understanding can and will transcend all the ills of the world.
    God bless you little Bradley rest in peace sunshine.

Connor likes this.
  7. Red

Red Army Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    RIP little man brave til the end

my thoughts are with his family and friends

Connor likes this.
  8. Donny Red

Retired.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It takes a lot to bring me to tears in front of others but watching the tribute
    to young Bradley on the ITV News last night had my sobbing.

It was good to see that the Sunderland and Bury players and their fans joined in
    the one minute applause tribute before their friendly at Gigg Lane last night.

Connor likes this.
  9. Gol

Goldthorpe-Red Well-Known Member

Courier at DPD group UK.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    What a brave little boy, such a tragedy. The little lad just kept smiling through everything he had to fight, the little man is an inspiration to many.

My thoughts are with his family, I cannot begin to imagine what they're going through right now. Same applies to Jermain Defoe who has won every ounce of the countries respect for what he has done for Brad.

Safe journey up there Bradley, the nation will miss you. One thing I can guarantee you is that no one will ever forget you and that infectious smile of yours.

Up the Mackems.

monkey tennis, Donny Red and Connor like this.
  10. Donny Red

Retired.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    As I've said in previous threads my brother in law was born in South Shields an outlying area of Sunderland. Like mine his family were involved in Coal mining for many years. We went round the local Mining Museum near Wakefield with our wives and when our guide Eric ( a big Reds fan) held up a sandwich tin and asked what it was I shouted out " a snap tin" whilst our John shouted out "its a bait tin".!

We might be from different parts of the country speak with different accents and use different words to describe things
    but we have one thing in common . We are from caring communities with a big heart and decent human values that compel us to look out for each other and reach out to those who might be struggling or suffering.

With that in mind I am sure the people in young Bradley's local Hartlepool community and those on both Wearside and Tyneside will put their rivalries to one side to come together to give the wee man a memorable send off.

The Lowery family will be in no doubt that the Nation shares their pain and will take comfort from the fact that the people of the North East are on hand if their help is ever needed.

11. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Terrible news and my sympathy for his family and friends and obviously for him too.

But without wishing to be disrespectful what is it that made him into a national story? A lot of children sadly battle with cancer and even more sadly a lot of them eventually lose that battle but i have heard the name Bradley Lowery time and time again from all sources of media. The BBC led with the story for example. Is it simply because a big football club pushed the story to improve their image? I get the feeling that his terrible story was used a little bit by Sunderland to try to rescue their reputation following their behaviour in the Adam Johnson case.

Still absolutely terrible news

gingerwizard likes this.
  12. I'm Spartacus

I'm Spartacus Well-Known Member

Missionary
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

13. I'm Spartacus

I'm Spartacus Well-Known Member

Missionary
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You're a ******* idiot.

14. Donny Red

Retired.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's the wee boys funeral at 11.15am today at St Josephs Church in his home village
    of Blackhall Colliery County Durham.

Thousands are expected to attend and speakers have had to be erected outside the Church
    for the other mourners who won't be able to get into the Church to follow the ceremony.
    His parents and countless others fans will wear Sunderland shirts at the funeral
    and apparently the petition to have a Stand named after Bradley at Sunderlands ground now runs into the thousands.

To coincide with the ceremony a vigil and a minutes applause will be held at Grey's monument in
    Newcastle City Centre and fans are planning to release balloons from the Stadium of Light at noon.

Eddie Howe's Bournemouth squad are training in Spain but he has given special permission for
    Jermaine Defoe to leave the camp so he can fly to the North East to enable him to attend.

I'll spare a though for the lad and will also be thinking of others who are bravely fighting the terrible disease up and
    down the Country.

Connor likes this.
  15. troff

troff Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'd not read this thread at the time, having young kids myself young Bradley's fight hit a nerve. His bravery and his beautiful relationship with Jermaine Defoe made me believe in humanity a little, for someone so small to smile through such pain and suffering, such undeserved cruelty, was inspiring.

Are there other kids in the same or a similar position? Yes without doubt. Very sadly. But the reason he was all over the news wasn't Sunderland FC on a PR stunt you absolute clown.

Sunderland didn't make Everton do what they did, make the fa let him lead the England team out. I'm sure they encouraged their players to visit him - but they sure as hell didn't make Jermaine Defoe fall in love with the little man and become a close friend of the family. Maybe he was in the news a lot and hit a nerve with people for what he represented - all the kids in his position - not just his personal fight. The fact his 'best mate' was a famous international footballer might also have had a bearing.

His smile, cheekiness, the fact he had a less common form of the ******* disease, all of those things made him news worthy. His suffering shouldn't be rated higher than any other child's. But it shouldn't be rated any lower either. His particular case hit a nerve with the nation, particularly the football world because he happened to be a big football fan.

Your crass ill advised words could have just not been said if you didn't want to be 'disrespectful'. I'm just thankful his friends and family are unlikely to have read such drivel.

This thread has only resurfaced as someone has pointed out that the lad's funeral is coming up. What a horrible day, worst thing I can imagine as a parent. I hope his mam and dad can find some peace, at least the lad has got his now, poor little bugger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Barnsley Loyal

Barnsley Loyal Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Fantastic reply and agree with every single word

Well put

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Connor, Goldthorpe-Red and Donny Red like this.
  17. shed131

shed131 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Whilst it doesnt detract from the harsh fact that bradley had cancer, what was taking place, were people helping him live a final dream and for that I give you Brionys gift.......A local charity
    look them up on face book...they do tremendous work raising money for local kids with cancer then providing them with a wish...Mel and Daz lost their own daughter to this terrible disease....Any type of donation be that money or goods thankfully received....Mel Daz and the their team of volunteers do a fantastic job....both Barnsley and weststand bogs have contributed in the past.
    thank you

Connor and Donny Red like this.
  18. Andy Mac

Andy Mac Well-Known Member

IT
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
  19. Andy Mac

Andy Mac Well-Known Member

IT
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Try again .....[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

20. Dragon Tyke

Dragon Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    sorry ST but you have come across as a complete tw@t here for me.